Zinedine Zidane

Barcilliant

Insanely underrated as a manager. Clutch as a player and manager. If Klopp or Pep had won 3 cls in a row we would never hear the end of it.
Management is more than tactics and Zidane has proven it.

Morten

I know Zidane doesnt care much about long term, but if there isn`t even a short-term benefit to playing the old guard, then whats the point?

Andresito

Staff member
His team selections are the equivalent to Valverde's. I can understand that Madrid fans are annoyed and bored.

Richard.H

Lol at people dissing him. The fighting spirit and morale he instills in his team is extremely valuable. No other manager, not even Klopp, motivates his squad like Zidane. RM players are always happy to perform for Zidane. Things like squad selection/tactics are learnable. I'm sure sooner or later he will see that he can't start Modric/Kroos every match.

The sky is the limit for Zidane. Whether he stays at RM or manages another team, his future is very bright as a manager.

El Gato

Villarato!
^
It's most valuable if your squad has enough quality and youth, and the fighting capacity is the main thing missing. But quality is gone and Zidane is pretending it isn't. And he had 1.5 years to show he can do different things offensively than let the players sort it out - plenty of time to show he's willing to learn. He's done the opposite and resorts to conservatism. Future isn't looking as bright as it used to as he's repeating the past mistakes instead of rectifying them.

Morten

I would compare him to a black hole, in that he devours and destroys every talent he comes into contact with, but at least he releases them, so the analogy doesnt quite work.

Birdy

Lol at people dissing him. The fighting spirit and morale he instills in his team is extremely valuable. No other manager, not even Klopp, motivates his squad like Zidane. RM players are always happy to perform for Zidane. Things like squad selection/tactics are learnable. I'm sure sooner or later he will see that he can't start Modric/Kroos every match.

The sky is the limit for Zidane. Whether he stays at RM or manages another team, his future is very bright as a manager.

Klopp is better motivator IMO.
And I would never agree to 'sky is the limit' for Zidane.
He can be good at a top club with world-class material. I see his next appointments being France NT (with all the world-class generation of players) or PSG if stars stay and more come there.

El Gato

Villarato!
This guy is actively sabotaging our transfer plans. Who the fuck wants to play with this group who play like utter scrubs?

El Gato

Villarato!
Keep calm and trust Zidane. You are still a massive contender for la liga considering how much AM chokes.

Doesn't mean anything. We need to be attractive for talent who want to see us as competitive in Europe more than domestically, especially now that Barcelona are as garbage or worse. Otherwise the calibre of players who we end up buying will drastically go down and better teams will get the better players.

Birdy

Guillem Ballague recent tweet:

Guillem Balague
@GuillemBalague
32m
Real Madrid KOd in the Cup against @CD_Alcoyano (2nd B) playing with ten (and 41yo goalkeeper) when they scored in extra time the 2-1, which was the Final Score

I heard Pochettino got calls to confirm if he had it all done with PSG. I wonder if one was from Real Madrid

Too late Florentino.
You had so much fucking team to see Zidane is not up to the job of rebuilding.

El Gato

Villarato!
You had so much fucking team to see Zidane is not up to the job of rebuilding.

Not to do with the amount of time, makes every bit of sense how long he's here, but wrong decisions in certain moments and falling back on old habits. No excuse for sticking with the striker he sticks with and not incorporating a competitor making us absolutely dependent on the one man. No excuse for letting the other midfielders, the supposed 3rd CB and the reserve RB get no time. Last month or so was absolutely avoidable.

Home of Barca Fans