Zinedine Zidane

El Gato

Villarato!
Doesn't feel like it matters much. I'd rather lose away and have a surefire home ground to take my chances on. The most impressive record of Zizou's has gone anyway (the one about never losing a CL knockout). Only the one about finals remains.

Morten

Does he understand now, that Marcelo is DONE as a footballer, only fit to be a substitute in domestic cup games?
Does he understand now, that Isco is a nothing-player, who`s occasional good game doesnt make up for all the games in which he contributes nothing?
And that he really should have a talk with Varane, his fellow frenchmen, exactly whats going on?

I hope he learns some lessons here.

Daisymorr

No, you could argue all top teams are struggling to figure out football during covid

He seems to survive despite losing a lot. He always gets that 1 big win that keeps him in the job such as beaten us in El Classico and getting the win over Inter during the week.

El Gato

Villarato!
If he doesn't get sacked - which he might if Perez gets cold feet and shows that he has no faith in him preventing Real being relegated to Europa/not making it out altogether; and even making it through is not that promising anyway + Pochettino won't wait for the call forever, he's probably still on the market only because none of PSG, Real or United actually went for the sack but something is bound to free up soon - he needs to get ballsy vs Seville.

We do not like going to Pizjuan. Seville hasn't been the most consistent going forward this year and De Jong is the antithesis of reliability. But that doesn't mean they're not formidable. Nor does it mean they're infallible.
They are 11-5 in last 5 games and tomorrow trying to top the group so should be more or less as tired as we are. The only injuries showing up on flashscore right now are Ocampos, De Jong, Suso, Acuna (defender) and Escudero. Their topscorer is En-Nesyri who scored in last 2, though they struggled like hell vs Huesca.

If I am Zidane and I need a result + I know I have to go for a win vs Gladbach, I do something different to inject some positivity into the side.

I'd play diamond, two strikers - Benzema-Mariano or Benzema-Rodrygo. Behind them a #10, ideally Odegaard, and CKM. At CB if Ramos still unavailable, slot in Militao and maybe shift Nacho to RB. Lucas isn't actually a bad performer recently, but we need that right side to be solid for at least 45 mins and Carvajal is not going to be back.

If he even makes it to Saturday, I hope he ignores the wingers for this one. He must see the lack of ideas when they play that system. And if he does play diamond, it'll be a curveball he just might need.

Morten

Not exactly surprised by our play, or the result.
Only way we are successful this season is if we recapture our form from last season, by hardly conceding goals, because Zidane isnt going to make us play good attacking football with current squad, thats for sure.

Morten

Has a knack for setting us up right when we absolutely need results, though we are also getting players back from injuries, which plays its part.
Now, the next step, do this week in week out, but i suspect we will still struggle a lot against low blocks.

Home of Barca Fans