Zinedine Zidane

wisconsincule

I feel this Liga was the luckiest run he had. Us being shit, the fact that small teams couldn't rely on a morale boost from the home crowds when facing them, refs going full tilt to make sure they don't stutter. Fair play to him on working with what he had, but his squad was already the best in the league. Better than ours that's for sure.
Lucky bastard has done it again. Now I'll cry myself to sleep with that Zidane song ringing in my head. :lol:

Agree 100%. Such a bizarre scenario. These were essentially training matches every couple days. Definitely got help from the refs and Barca the other way.

Was just thinking about the Ter Stegen penalty save that was called off his line. Such a rare thing to be called back.

Oh well. Hopefully next season there will be fans in the stands.

Xaviniesta

Perez about to give this fraud another 500m to splash only for him to resign the moment he senses his crossing ?tactics? aren?t good enough against the first decent manager he comes up against

Tackle

He needs a future Ballon D'or level attacker (Mbappe, Haaland) to compete for the CL again and probably a few midfield reinforcements as well.

Don't think he'll have much to spend this summer though.

Sorin

Was second best all night long. 1st leg too. Whoever puts this guy in the same sentence as Pep or Klopp is deluded.

Morten

Was second best all night long. 1st leg too. Whoever puts this guy in the same sentence as Pep or Klopp is deluded.

I mean, he had to go out at some point.
So, he is a fraud for not meeting his own borderline impossible standards, while Klopp, who has choked almost every final is a GOAT contender?

Sorin

I mean, he had to go out at some point.
So, he is a fraud for not meeting his own borderline impossible standards, while Klopp, who has choked almost every final is a GOAT contender?

Well no, he is not a fraud. You just went and put words in my mouth. But considering that his team wasn't that much worse than City's on paper, he got absolutely demolished in both rounds. Klopp is better than Zidane, by some margin. So is Pep.

But hey it's just my opinion, you don't have to agree to it mate.

Morten

Well no, he is not a fraud. You just went and put words in my mouth. But considering that his team wasn't that much worse than City's on paper, he got absolutely demolished in both rounds. Klopp is better than Zidane, by some margin. So is Pep.

But hey it's just my opinion, you don't have to agree to it mate.

If he is so much better than Zidane, then why does he lose almost every final he plays?

Sorin

If he is so much better than Zidane, then why does he lose almost every final he plays?

Do you happen to know what context is? Did you see what squads both had to manage in the last few years? Come on, Until 2 or 3 years ago Klopp only dreamed about managing a squad such as Reals. Be real, in the golden period, Zidane had such a depth that he could field 2 different teams in both LA Liga and UCL, with almost the same quality. Klopp was playing with Lovren, Lallana and Moreno. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans