Zinedine Zidane

FCBfan22

El Classico in December would've been completely different, if Ronaldo wasn't a complete donkey in that game. If the match was today, he would score at least once. Benzema is still a donkey and will probably remain a donkey, thankfully.

Morten

True. Ronaldo was in bad form in the first half of the season. That's how you lost the league. Benzema and Ronaldo not scoring enough. Now it's different though, you are in hot form atm.

Prime-Ronaldo could keep it going for the entire season, but he needs more rest now, being 33 and all.
The same thing is going to happen next season if we dont bring in a goalscoring striker to take the burden of CR.
One off-day from Ronaldo in the CL and we are out as well, fortunately for us, he has been surreal throughout the tournament, so far....

serghei

Prime-Ronaldo could keep it going for the entire season, but he needs more rest now, being 33 and all.
The same thing is going to happen next season if we dont bring in a goalscoring striker to take the burden of CR.
One off-day from Ronaldo in the CL and we are out as well, fortunately for us, he has been surreal throughout the tournament, so far....

Yea. Scary thing is that you barely spent money in recent seasons. So you have the best team and you could still improve it by signing 1-2 key players.

Have to say Zidane is a great manager. Really loved and respected by the players and almost all of the younger players really evolved under him. Surely has his flaws though.

LosBlancos

Really liked the line up choice. Would’ve wanted Achraf in there too, but with Theo starting I can understand the decision not to start both.

Stoichkov1

Get fucked Zidane, we just won the league.

I can't stand this cunt, he has been saying for the whole season that we would have dropped points and he refused to give us the guard of honour.

ZIDANE, CABRON, SALUDA AL CAMPEON

CanadianBlaugrana

I can't stand this cunt, he has been saying for the whole season that we would have dropped points and he refused to give us the guard of honour.

Bravo! “The Headbutt King” could easily come up empty handed this season with nothing. Get fucked Zidane x 2.

serghei

I don't have a problem with Zidane. I like him more as a manager so far than as a player. Seems calmer and more intelligent to me.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

You will not look like the brightest lad when he wins the CL next month for the third season in a row. Sadly, his name is already written in the history books both as a player and a manager.

Birdy

As a manager, he is good at i)rotations, ii)imposing himself on star players.
Nothing football-wise, nothing in terms of tactics and building teams.
He does simplistic things tactically that work because he has at his disposal one of the best squads in the history of the sport, and of course there is something about luck, fate, "written in the stars" etc etc

I feel he is more 'Italian' than anything else. His philosophy is utilize your weapons (which is individual brilliance alone in the case of RM) and win not by dominating but by waiting for an opponent mistake to take advantage.
Certainly his philosophy was formed during his Juventus years under Marcelo Lippi, when he suffered two consecutive CL final losses, rather than the 'galactico' era of free floating football

El Gato

Villarato!
As a manager, he is good at i)rotations, ii)imposing himself on star players.
Nothing football-wise, nothing in terms of tactics and building teams.
He does simplistic things tactically that work because he has at his disposal one of the best squads in the history of the sport, and of course there is something about luck, fate, "written in the stars" etc etc

Not sure why people always feel the need to see a manager develop a super complex system to get any recognition for tactics these days. Super weird.

His job and success goes beyond being decent at rotating starters (which he didn't really do this time, because you can only successfully employ that if you're on form and can afford to break the match rhythm). Thought these luck stories have had their time, but apparently some still believe it's a main factor.

BarcaOG

Banned
I don't like Zidane but I agree with [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] that 1) intricate tactics are not necessary to success and 2) his man management should not be underrated, especially at elite clubs stacked with egos. if you don't have the squad's respect, you're unlikely to get the best out of them. For example, I think Mourinho was far a better manager before he broke the dressing room at Real (Casillas, Ozil, etc), which he did again at Chelsea, and it doesn't seem like at United he fully has the players behind him.

Birdy

I never underestimated man-managements skills. I said it is important. Ancelotti made a career on that.
I said it is strange in 2018 to have that as your best skill.
The time is long gone when that was enough (ask Anceloti and his recent history will give the answer). We are not in 2002, 2003 anymore. Football has evolved.

I am not talking about any hyper-sophisticated intricacy that by itself does not achieve anything. (If that was the case Marcelo Bielsa would have been winning titles every year). But Zidane is nowhere close the new generation of great tactician managers able to build teams (Pep, Simeone, Conte, Pocetino, Tuchel, Sari etc)
He has overachieved compared to his abilities and it partly comes down to one of the best squads in the recent history.
It is undeserved compared to the work that these other managers have done that is not reflected accordingly in titles.

PS: Mourinho is a different story altogether. Nothing to do with his man-management skills per se (not that he was good dealing with egos). He has been in decline tactically since the day he left Inter, although his tenure at RM was not unsuccessful. Every year he seems less and less able to cope with how football has evolved. In 2004 he was a pioneer, now he is like a runner who tries windedly to stay on course with everyone else, but it becomes all the more difficult with every new round

vlad

What tuchel did so far so he can be considerd tactician?

Zidane is underrated, real have great players but you dont let them just on the pitch and they can play their own game, they can press well, they defend with all players, they are great on counter and keeping the ball, how on earth zidane doesnt take any credit for that?

Home of Barca Fans