User Tag List

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Zinedine Zidane

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raed View Post
    Depends. If he ends up with no silverware, he is getting the sack, just like everyone else.

Poch seems to have to have signaled to Madrid.
    Think Zidane will get another year at least even if he went trophyless,RM hasn't won the double since god only know when and have secured historical b2b CL title while being way too popular in the club to get rid him after one bad year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Think Zidane will get another year at least even if he went trophyless,RM hasn't won the double since god only know when and have secured historical b2b CL title while being way too popular in the club to get rid him after one bad year
    its real tho. if he fails to win anything and keeps getting random bad results, hell be sacked. they sacked ancelotti after just such a season even though he got them la decima, which had been reals obsession for ages
    peptastic

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    its real tho. if he fails to win anything and keeps getting random bad results, hell be sacked. they sacked ancelotti after just such a season even though he got them la decima, which had been reals obsession for ages
    And failed to win Liga two consecutive years and was never a fan favorite or club Legend like Zidane, never mind it lead to huge waves of hate on his successor (Benitez) and didn't work well until he sacked him again and brought Zidane. Perez believes in changing managers a lot but I think Zidane might last longer than what other managers would

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Although depends on how they do too.

If they end up getting 12-15 points behind us in the league and end up bouncing out of the CL in the QF, I think Zidane might get the sack.

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And failed to win Liga two consecutive years and was never a fan favorite or club Legend like Zidane, never mind it lead to huge waves of hate on his successor (Benitez) and didn't work well until he sacked him again and brought Zidane. Perez believes in changing managers a lot but I think Zidane might last longer than what other managers would
    Id like to be as optimistic as you, and maybe you are right. However, I am realistic here, it is what Perez is, so? No need to speculate.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's going to fight for his job in the CL now. Anything but a final or a convincing SF appearance and I think he'll get sacked.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    He's going to fight for his job in the CL now. Anything but a final or a convincing SF appearance and I think he'll get sacked.
    Zidane popularity could save him IMO, but if he remains he will probably be allowed (and asked to) spend a lot on the team

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Barca will drop points."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's like di matteo,got incredible luck to win all the titles while being average at most as manager,since his huge reputation he will have offers from big clubs otherwise he would dissappear anonymity

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane popularity could save him IMO, but if he remains he will probably be allowed (and asked to) spend a lot on the team
    You mean among the fans? Perhaps. They have to do better though otherwise I can see Florentino going all in for Pochettino.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniecro View Post
    he's like di matteo,got incredible luck to win all the titles while being average at most as manager,since his huge reputation he will have offers from big clubs otherwise he would dissappear anonymity
    I see Lucho and Zidane very similar to each other.

Both aren't tactically great but they have that Club legend aura surrounding them along with being great motivators which allowed them to be respected in the locker rooms. They create a certain system and you add great players and the things I said above it will likely get them success for a period of time.

But where those two clearly struggle is when the system no longer functions right and the players are no longer motivated. they don't have the extensive tactical knowledge to keep things going fresh and new that will allow them to keep up the chance to win titles.

It happened under Lucho, he based his system off MSN. The idea is having such a devastating front line that it would be hard for teams to contain the three of them, and the Midfield became nothing but water carriers.

It worked in the first season and for a good portion of the 2015/16 season. But teams started to slowly figure things out, we were getting killed in the Midfield and we relied to much on MSN to bail us out. I feel like the 2016/17 season was the perfect chance to correct the issues we had but sadly it didn't. Lucho still persisted with the MSN idea and the team was a tactical mess.

Seems like the same thing is happening to Zidane, what worked in the previous seasons is no longer working and it doesn't seem like he has a real answer to fix those problems.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    You mean among the fans? Perhaps. They have to do better though otherwise I can see Florentino going all in for Pochettino.
    Zidane is popular among the fans,the club, the players and the media. He has amazing relation with Perez himself. And he has achieved more than any other coach Perez dealt with not named VDB.
    He isn't comparable to any other case Perez has sacked before, not even close. This could keep him next year but with big budgut and a notice that he will need to get trophies back

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really think his job is in danger whatever happens this season. Who would replace Zidane if he'd get sacked anyway? Not many options out there. Would bring back when he's done at United?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane will only be sacked if Real Madrid do not win Champions League and to me RM are favorites to win the trophy. They always triumph when seem most vulnerable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope p$g eliminates them. Hate them as well but lets get Real out first. and end their season.
    They should not sack Zidane regardless what happens but we know Flo is trigger happy.
    6RACIES XAVI