Zinedine Zidane

Barcilliant

Damn, when Pep had all that crazy success people were raving about him.

When Zidane has the same type of success people hardly notice.

RM were in shit shape when he took over. He's turned it around in a big way.

Low key, keeps things simple and a club legend. Behind the scenes he is running the show. Even Perez wouldn't fuck with him.

El Flaco

Not really.

Many people used (and still does) believe that "Fraudiola" took over a self-playing piano a.k.a. "everyone can coach that Barca side".

Or Pep was lucky to have Messi & Xaviesta.

Such BS narratives were very common (especially in the past during Pep-era) to undermine Pep's amazing success story.

On the other hand, Zidane has definitely received massive credit for his work ever since winning CL 2016 and RM being only 1 point behind us in Liga.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not really.

Many people used (and still does) believe that "Fraudiola" took over a self-playing piano a.k.a. "everyone can coach that Barca side".

Such BS narratives were very common (especially in the past during Pep-era) to undermine Pep's amazing success story.

This rhetoric still absolutely exists, especially among the Premiership fans. Deluded homers with too much access to internet will not give any credit to La Liga coaches until either they come to England, or Las Palmas advances to Europa League and whoops West Ham.

Zidane has as many trophies as he has losses. Take a moment to digest that.

This is RM era.

serghei

This rhetoric still absolutely exists, especially among the Premiership fans. Deluded homers with too much access to internet will not give any credit to La Liga coaches until either they come to England, or Las Palmas advances to Europa League and whoops West Ham.

Zidane has as many trophies as he has losses. Take a moment to digest that.

This is RM era.

It has started last season. We'll see how much it will last, but Madrid looks set to dominate at least 2-3 years from now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People here are delusional if they think this Barca is close to Madrid right now.

The team is completely fucked up, even with a great manager.

Real Madrid have slapped us in the face by doing everything we did in Pep's era while we're copying them when they were signing Lass and Adebayor LMAO.

Marcelo and Carvajal are their Alves and Abidal.

Kroos and Modric their Xavi and Iniesta.

Benzema is the unselfish striker we had in form of Villa. Some nice young talents like we had, the brightest one we later sold to Bayern for 25m and said was a great profit for a bench player :jordimestre: :bartomeu:

Last edited:

kattanib

Not really.

On the other hand, Zidane has definitely received massive credit for his work ever since winning CL 2016 and RM being only 1 point behind us in Liga.

Haters gonna hate ... we Barca fans know how legendary Pep is

MagIX

Not even comparable to Pep era.
We invented a soccer never played before.
We played with key players from la Masia: Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Puqué, Puyol, Pedro, Valdes
Thanks to la Masia Barca players and style, the NT has won everything
Take a moment to digest that

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Not even comparable to Pep era.
We invented a soccer never played before.
We played with key players from la Masia: Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Puqué, Puyol, Pedro, Valdes
Thanks to la Masia Barca players and style, the NT has won everything
Take a moment to digest that

You did reinvent the wheel I'll grant you, but you didn't invent soccer never played before. Unless you think football was invented in 1992.

I think other players also had a say in the Spanish success from 2008 to 2012 such as Casillas, Ramos, Alonso, Villa, Silva, Torres and in fact as well as the Barca style it was also the Spanish players who played abroad that brought another dimension to that brilliant squad. The things they learnt abroad they took with them and together with the Barca style it brought dominance.

Real have won 3 CL titles in 4 years and who knows it may well be 4 in 5 because I can't think of any team that can stop them at the moment.

But yeah Zidane got lucky, is a lucky manager and whatever else makes you sleep better at night....

MagIX

Barca players were vital to NT success, but there were others that played their role too.

Right, as you said, barca players were VITAL, a key factor. It's no coincidence that the NT won everything in that period, when barca dominated in Spain and Europe, when barca was the team to beat, a team that was prised and prised by everyone worldwide for his fantastic soccer.
Playing (in a beatifull way) and winning with so many la masia players is something special (and the NT coach is happy); it is not the same like buying the best players worldwide and put them toghether.

For the rest (i do not even answer to the other brainless post), i do not want to downgrade RM and Zidane, I have already written that this RM (with Zidane as coach) is the best RM since CR has arrived and I have already priced Zidane for his work.

Home of Barca Fans