Zinedine Zidane

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has to play with BBC.

There's no coach in the World who'll bench any of them except for Pep or Mourinho IMO.

DonAK

These stats arguments are poor IMO.

Ozil assists and perhaps even creates more chances than Iniesta therefore Ozil, > The Don

SirXavi

The Engineer
These stats arguments are poor IMO.

Ozil assists and perhaps even creates more chances than Iniesta therefore Ozil, > The Don

Some people actually believe that.

Those people haven't witnessed the The Don at his best

i%2B%252811%2529.gif

gsv6LA.gif

PlaintiveEvilAltiplanochinchillamouse.gif

Icarium

Lifestealer
Iniesta's career is inch perfect. Key member of world cup team and the final winner. Spain's best player in Euro 2012 by a mile. Amazing performances in each of the CL finals. So many trophies. And he is still playing amazingly. He can get one or two CL's more if luck is on our side. If not for messi and Ronaldo iniesta would have been rated above zidane by every one. Zidane was actually the best player around that time if I believe what every one says. In 2010 world cup I was mesmerized by iniesta's magic. Never have I felt the same since then.

DonAK

IMO, Iniesta's goal vs Chelsea is equivalent to Zidane's CL Final goal, or perhaps even better considering how significant it was.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
IMO, Iniesta's goal vs Chelsea is equivalent to Zidane's CL Final goal, or perhaps even better considering how significant it was.
Zidane's goal in final probably more significant, especially considering it was in the final?

But have to give Iniesta one thing.... It was tremendously desperate situation and Don just showed the nerves of steel :worthy: For all Messi's brilliance and Xavi's impact on the system in Barcelona's most dominant era, that goal hands down steals the show!

Last edited:

Neymessi

"[Ronaldo] will play out wide, but he will have freedom in his movements," Zidane said.

"And of course, he will keep taking our free-kicks."

Excellent :lol:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
"[Ronaldo] will play out wide, but he will have freedom in his movements," Zidane said.

"And of course, he will keep taking our free-kicks."

Excellent :lol:

Well of course he'll take them it was one of the main conditions Zidane had to agree to in order to become a manager, it's in a contract.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Said he will give Ronaldo no instructions whatsoever as his stats speak for themselves. He also said that there's no chance that he will be sold. Sounds to me like he's already digging his grave.

Lomar1o

Said he will give Ronaldo no instructions whatsoever as his stats speak for themselves. He also said that there's no chance that he will be sold. Sounds to me like he's already digging his grave.

i guess he is just following orders from above, or maybe giving ronaldo a chance to become 'happy' again and find his goalscoring form. but if ronaldo really fell off i'd be really disgusted if zidane turns out to be as gutless as previous coaches even though i dont like him or madrid.

footyfan

Calma, calma
To be fair, Iniesta is CM while Zidane used to play as CAM.

That's just not true.

Zidane has played at left midfield and centre midfield many many times. Also, just because his nominal position is attacking midfielder doesn't mean his roles are similar to the current idea of what a CAM should be like. The 4-2-3-1, whose popularity is a very recent phenomenon, has two midfielders in the centre behind the CAM, which allows him to concentrate on creating attacking chances. In previous eras, it was common for AMs to be partnered with just one other player in central midfield, which leads to an entirely different player. Even when AMs were partnered with two other central midfielders, they weren't as attacking as players in that position are now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans