Adnan Januzaj

Unbiased United

I expect him to be first choice, but more because Valencia and Nani are all over the place and Young is just shit than anything else. I daresay I've seen more of Zaha than most United fans have and he's without doubt being overrated in my view, he's probably behind Sterling, Ince and AOC in his development yet he's being talked about like he's the next big thing.

Seems to me like you underrate him if anything.

He's a massive prospect, with absolutely bags of talent. Take the game today, Wigan constantly had two or even three men on him...they were scared of him. Of the three you mention I'd say at this moment in time the only one of those he is still behind is the Ox. If Ince was up to much he'd be in Zaha's shoes, and after an admittedly promising start, Stirling was pretty shit for the most part last season.

I'm not sure why you think he's overrated though, if you've seen as much of him as you say you'd know he was a key player for Palace last season, was a monster in the playoffs, and has had a very promising preseason for us. Not sure what else he could do to prove himself really. I'm not one for over-hyping United's youngsters until they prove it in the first team, but this kid could be the real deal.

Anyway this is the Januzaj thread, he's not bad either....

Jenks

Seems to me like you underrate him if anything.

He's a massive prospect, with absolutely bags of talent. Take the game today, Wigan constantly had two or even three men on him...they were scared of him. Of the three you mention I'd say at this moment in time the only one of those he is still behind is the Ox. If Ince was up to much he'd be in Zaha's shoes, and after an admittedly promising start, Stirling was pretty shit for the most part last season.

I'm not sure why you think he's overrated though, if you've seen as much of him as you say you'd know he was a key player for Palace last season, was a monster in the playoffs, and has had a very promising preseason for us. Not sure what else he could do to prove himself really. I'm not one for over-hyping United's youngsters until they prove it in the first team, but this kid could be the real deal.

Anyway this is the Januzaj thread, he's not bad either....

Zaha was completely ineffectual today. He did a few tricks here and there but lost the ball more often than not. I've never denied his talent with the ball, some of the things he does are exceptional, but his decision making at times is woeful and that's what makes him less competitive than his peers. He scored 8 goals for Palace last season, by contrast Ince scored 18 in a weaker side and in less games. Sterling wasn't as prominent at the end of last season because he had a persistent thigh problem and barely played. Zaha perhaps has a higher celing, but as things stand he doesn't effect the game on the same level that Sterling and Ince do, let alone Chamberlain, and he's still untested in the Premier League. I've no doubt that he can be a great player, but he's got a long way to go, skills are only one piece of the puzzle.

Banana-Rama

Zaha was completely ineffectual today. He did a few tricks here and there but lost the ball more often than not. I've never denied his talent with the ball, some of the things he does are exceptional, but his decision making at times is woeful and that's what makes him less competitive than his peers. He scored 8 goals for Palace last season, by contrast Ince scored 18 in a weaker side and in less games. Sterling wasn't as prominent at the end of last season because he had a persistent thigh problem and barely played. Zaha perhaps has a higher celing, but as things stand he doesn't effect the game on the same level that Sterling and Ince do, let alone Chamberlain, and he's still untested in the Premier League. I've no doubt that he can be a great player, but he's got a long way to go, skills are only one piece of the puzzle.

did you expect a 20 year old making the step up from the championship to this level to be the finished article, he is one for the future, some fans expect far too much from young players...

Unbiased United

Well yeah, I pretty much agree with your reasoning even if I don't agree with the point you are trying to make, which is weird.

He certainly isn't the finished article, and his decision making and finishing both need work. Teams are scared of him already though and the only player we've had in the last decade with that at his age, is now the second best player in the world. The similarities are there, but as you and I have both said, he has a long way to get yet to be anywhere near that.

He wasn't 'ineffectual' today though. He was dangerous, showed some nice skills, and created some chances....all whilst being marked by two men. I'd say he played well with the time he got.

Martindn

Why are you guys posting about Zaha in the Januzaj thread? Different positions, different types of players.

oggydude

Adnan looks exciting but hopefully he can push into the first team this season and really cement his place in the team for a long time, whats happened to Nick Powell haven't heard of him in a while. Zaha and Adnan excite me like Ronaldo and Rooney in the early 2000's but then again Nani and Anderson excited me like Giggs and Scholes when they were young but we all know they never fulfilled their potential.

Piqué

Close to signing a new contract, brilliant. Any chance of him choosing albania over belgium?
It looks that way. Has rejected all Belgian call-ups for the moment (also all Albanian). According to rumours, he will choose Albania because he feels Albanian. If he want success at international level, bad choice.

Yannick03

It looks that way. Has rejected all Belgian call-ups for the moment (also all Albanian). According to rumours, he will choose Albania because he feels Albanian. If he want success at international level, bad choice.

Well I've heard he trained a couple times with Belgian youth national teams and I've read somewhere that his dad said that when he chooses, he'll choose Belgium. Don't know if that is actually true though...

Martindn

I sure hope so, there are enough Albanians playing for other nations (especially Switzerland)...

I wish he played for Belgium to increase his development, but then him refusing several youth team offers is a good indication of the way his mind is set. At this point he could play for the seychelles as long as he signed the contract :worthy:

Tonite

Adnan should play for Albania, he is Albanian.
I hope he won't be like Shaqiri, Behrami, Dzemaili, Xhaka, Admir Mehmedi and others who choose other nations instead Albania.
With those players Albania would have been at level of Croatia.

Yannick03

Adnan should play for Albania, he is Albanian.
I hope he won't be like Shaqiri, Behrami, Dzemaili, Xhaka, Admir Mehmedi and others who choose other nations instead Albania.
With those players Albania would have been at level of Croatia.

And he's Belgian, born and raised in Belgium.

Home of Barca Fans