Rodrigo Tarin

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bagnack and Deulofeu both skipped the Juvenil A level entirely and Munir and Adama were so thoroughly impressive with Juvenil A that they became some of the B team's best players despite not even being promoted yet. That's real potential.

Yeah, that's not exactly true. Deulofeu didn't skip the Juvenil A level. And what about Samper, does the fact that he was only promoted last season make him any less of an exciting prospect? Hell no it doesn't!!!

And besides, why are you comparing attackers like Deulofeu/Munir/Adama to defenders like Tarin and Quintilla? They develop differently. Tarin joined Barca from Valencia in 2012. And he quickly became an integral part of the Barca Juvenil B team. Both Tarin and Quintilla have been pegged as massive prospects in defense for a long time. You should also realize that there is literally no point in promoting a player if he's not even going to get a look at playing a game for the team. Hence why they might not have been promoted earlier.

In addition, the so called "sympathy card" means nothing for Adria Vilanova. He'll likely be the first backup to Tarin and Quintilla and won't be a starter until one/both of them get promoted to Barca B halfway through this season or next season.

I will also add one more point. An impressive youth player will always get to have his chance at Barca. 7-8 years ago, nobody would have seen Busquets displacing Toure, Pedro benching Henry, or Bojan benching, albeit briefly, Zlatan. So let me dream about our youth talent dammit!! :lol:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get this notion of that you got to skip an entire level or else you might not be talented enough or up to par or have real potential. Sometimes there are already better players in one level and it's better for a certain player to play regulary than be a backup. Not to forget many players evolve/develop differently. I find this logic of skipping Juvenil A for example = You're very talented with a potential to make it > You didn't skip it? Ah well.... You are talented, but not potentially that great either,

For quite absurd.

Zangash

Banned
Yeah, that's not exactly true. Deulofeu didn't skip the Juvenil A level. And what about Samper, does the fact that he was only promoted last season make him any less of an exciting prospect? Hell no it doesn't!!!

My mistake, I was actually thinking about how they kept him listed as a Juvenil A player despite him playing the entire season with the B team in a similar manner to Bagnack last season. As far as Samper goes, I was always excited by him and expected him to do well with the B team but kept reserved about him until I saw him play on a high level with the B team. When a player is promoted doesn't matter to me, it's how he plays after he is promoted.

And besides, why are you comparing attackers like Deulofeu/Munir/Adama to defenders like Tarin and Quintilla? They develop differently. Tarin joined Barca from Valencia in 2012. And he quickly became an integral part of the Barca Juvenil B team. Both Tarin and Quintilla have been pegged as massive prospects in defense for a long time. You should also realize that there is literally no point in promoting a player if he's not even going to get a look at playing a game for the team. Hence why they might not have been promoted earlier.

So who would you get rid of from the B team in the coming year to accommodate one, or both of them? IE? Doesn't seem like too good an idea. Bagnack? He's practically the same age as them yet he's got management so happy with him that he's on the B team now. The new CB the B team just signed instead of promoting one of Rodri/Xavi to the B team? Why would they sign this kid if they had hopes for the Juvenil A CBs? Promoting one now and leaving the other at Juvenil A until another CB gets promoted/sold would have been the course of action Eusobio and Lucho would have taken if they were as impressed by this duo as you and I are.

In addition, the so called "sympathy card" means nothing for Adria Vilanova. He'll likely be the first backup to Tarin and Quintilla and won't be a starter until one/both of them get promoted to Barca B halfway through this season or next season.

I bet you it will somehow see him making his debut before the pair of them somehow in the next few years. The board and management will even say he's the youth system's most advanced CB.

I will also add one more point. An impressive youth player will always get to have his chance at Barca. 7-8 years ago, nobody would have seen Busquets displacing Toure, Pedro benching Henry, or Bojan benching, albeit briefly, Zlatan. So let me dream about our youth talent dammit!! :lol:

That was all the work of Pep. Since then each and every youngster we have had even take a sniff at the first team gets relentlessly shat on by fans for essentially not being the starter they try to compete with. Tello had a similar goal tally as Alexis in 2012/13 with far less minutes but all you could hear was "One trick pony" despite Alexis failing to score in a single CL game that season. Montoya gets mountains of shit dumped on him if he gets beaten and a goal is scored within the next few seconds despite everyone knowing Alves would not have likely been back there to even try to help. Bartra plays his heart out and constantly proves himself to be our best defender but he gets beaten one time to cost us a goal and it's "Oh no, we need a new CB, Bartra isn't good enough" despite Pique and Masche being able to constantly pair up to make our defense look like a total joke only to earn mass applause on the odd occasion where they are solid as a pair. The world you are describing where Busquets replaced Toure and Pedro benched Henry is a dream state that no longer actually exists. Supposedly Lucho will change that but I heard the same shit from Martino and we all know how that turned out.

Even at this moment, we're at serious risk of alienating at least one of Munir, Adama, or Deulofeu just by virtue of purchasing absurdly expensive signings that will undoubtedly bring us goals but will certainly leave our hungry youngsters starving on the bench. By the time Rodri and Xavi are ready for the first team we will have Bartra, IE, Pique (Don't think he's going anywhere) Marquinhos, and possibly even Bagnack for CB. Another thing worth noting is during Pep's era he replaced purchased stars with academy graduates, which would make a great case for obvious talents like Samper and Munir, who would have to displace Rakatic and Suarez (Respectively), but come on, nobody is going to get Bartra off of his throne once he finally achieves it. Nobody is going to push Edgar IE out of the team once he establishes his dominance in the back. Especially considering these are players that came through Barca B. If Rodri and Quinitillia are truly the future of our back line it would mean cataclysmic shifts to our defensive construct and I don't see that ever becoming a reality. I'm sure the pair will become world class CBs for other teams but honestly they've got about as much a chance of making it as Espinosa and Sanchez did in our midfield.

BibB

I suspect the reason they never promoted one of Rodri/Xavi is because they want to keep them as a pair. If they both make it to the first team and they've been a cb pair their whole time think how much of an understanding they would have of each others game and how beneficial it would be.

jklz

Or they didn't promote them because they are both only 17 years old. And Quintilla has been playing more as a left back than as a centre back. Roger Riera and Juanma played at centreback as well as Godswill from time to time.

khaled_a_d

So far he is better than any CB we had last season .hope he keeps it up
Probably the best CB prospect we had since Bartra at least .

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Quinti and Rodri both are probably the most likely defenders to be anything for Barca one day. They are great defensively.

not to mention they are a pair. Developed a good understanding together from an early age which will help them if they hopefully get into the first team

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't watch enough of him ,but from what I've watched he seem actually good
Defense is actually the only bright spot in Gerard tenure .so take FWIW

Cheers.
Maybe he'll make it to first team then and save us the headaches of looking for a suitable centre back.

Home of Barca Fans