Denis Suarez

khaled_a_d

He can be used on both wings and I wouldn't discount the possibilty of him adjusting well to a more conservative role in central midfield. If Rakitic and Iniesta could adapt so can young Denis.

That is a very weird statement since Iniesta & Rakitic are natural fit in the central . never mind that Iniesta talent was much bigger that Denis

J

Jamie Cal

I think his future is definitely in midfield, his skillset is similar to Iniesta's. That's pretty much where he played at Sevilla. He's a playmarker at core. It's a great sign that he can play across a few positions, shows he can do the basics well wherever he's playing, which is essential here. Moving him to the right was the best move of the game probably.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That is a very weird statement since Iniesta & Rakitic are natural fit in the central . never mind that Iniesta talent was much bigger that Denis

I was talking about adapting to new position not talent.
Iniesta's role is different now that for most of his career where he roamed more forward and wide.

Rakitic plays as second DM for Barca. He may be a CM nominally but his average positions are often as deep as Busquets.

El Flaco

Denis Suárez nutmeg on James Milner

[gfy]ColdBrownIbis[/gfy]

[gfy]AdeptFilthyGermanwirehairedpointer[/gfy]

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So many nutmegs tonight :lol:

Great display, was really nice seing him play like this.

navidjaan

It's not a matter of where he can play, it's a matter of where he CAN'T.

He played LW and CF at Man City, LW, RW, false 9 and CM at Barça B, CAM and LW at Sevilla and now LM and RM at Villarreal. That's what? 5-6 different positions? He can cover for Neymar, Messi, and any player in midfield except Busquets. And despite not spending more than one year at Barça B, he already seems to have the DNA (dribbling, passing, La Pausa), and on top of that, he's a great counter-attacking player. Lucho is gonna love him.

khaled_a_d

It's not a matter of where he can play, it's a matter of where he CAN'T.

He played LW and CF at Man City, LW, RW, false 9 and CM at Barça B, CAM and LW at Sevilla and now LM and RM at Villarreal. That's what? 5-6 different positions? He can cover for Neymar, Messi, and any player in midfield except Busquets. And despite not spending more than one year at Barça B, he already seems to have the DNA (dribbling, passing, La Pausa), and on top of that, he's a great counter-attacking player. Lucho is gonna love him.

Rafinha played almost all those positions too even here in Barca
Being able to play a position doesn't mean you can really be good at it in Barca
We have many versatile good players from our youth system ,Rafinha,Roberto for example .but it seem we need someone who can be future starter or push for that place in the next couple of year
So if it is just about the ability to play in a position ,you are right .but if it is about being really really good (Barca esque good) in position he will have to work his way out in the team and will need work to adapt

navidjaan

I didn't say anything otherwise that he has to work. And I highly disagree with your assessment that neither Denis, Rafinha nor Roberto can push to become a starter in the next couple of years. All talented, work hard, has different qualities, and are liked by the coach.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We'll have to see about that.

Personally I'm sceptical about any of them becoming full-fledged starters, but if there will be one, then I think Denis it is. Roberto could get a bigger role, but don't see him as a starter.

As for Rafinha, then the next season is very important for him, but I've been getting vibes about him not fitting that well in, and that playing as a #10 at another team will get the best out of his talent, a la Coutinho.

J

Jamie Cal

Denis is doing it consistently at a very good level for 2 seasons now. Rafinha seems really one footed to me, I don't think he's that good a footballer on the whole. Denis coming back when we have a lot of midfielders, plus a few in the younger teams, AND how we made sure he would get proper minutes this season should say a lot about how serious we are about him.

Home of Barca Fans