Denis Suarez

khaled_a_d

Rotational player with potential I guess? 3.2m is a massive steal, I remember we had Stindl leaving for that fee last year and I still feel like we got robbed.
Can't go wrong for Barca, those buyback clauses are hella smart.

tbh ,it isn't really a steal ,those 3M are actually more of additional 3M for Sevilla for Rakitic more than being for Villarreal for D.Suarez
We loaned him to Sevilla for 2 years with buy option for 6M and us getting buyback for 9M . with how highly rated in the club it was just an additional 3M for Rakitic deal .
When he wanted to leave last year ,Villarreal just paid the 3M for Sevilla with us having the option to get him back if we paid those money for them

Jombi

Rotational player with potential I guess? 3.2m is a massive steal, I remember we had Stindl leaving for that fee last year and I still feel like we got robbed.
Can't go wrong for Barca, those buyback clauses are hella smart.

He was just on an expensive loan which we pay for.

J

Jamie Cal

tbh ,it isn't really a steal ,those 3M are actually more of additional 3M for Sevilla for Rakitic more than being for Villarreal for D.Suarez
We loaned him to Sevilla for 2 years with buy option for 6M and us getting buyback for 9M . with how highly rated in the club it was just an additional 3M for Rakitic deal .
When he wanted to leave last year ,Villarreal just paid the 3M for Sevilla with us having the option to get him back if we paid those money for them

A necessary evil imo. Those 2 years couldn't of gone much better, especially Villarreal. We're in a sticky patch financially but I won't complain about 3 million if he becomes a valuable asset because of it.

khaled_a_d

A necessary evil imo. Those 2 years couldn't of gone much better, especially Villarreal. We're in a sticky patch financially but I won't complain about 3 million if he becomes a valuable asset because of it.

Actually ,I think of it as just a loan .the 3M was more of an extra 3M to be paid for Rakitic deal (which still a bargain) but 2 years later than the deal .Villarreal just came in and made it easier for everyone .Sevilla get money earlier ,D.Suarez get playing time ,Villarreal get good starter .we get back better player .

Messi983

They can't announce it before the fiscal year ends, because there's no more money.

We are not as broken as you think. We were already trying to bring him back in January, so I think we can afford to pay those 3M in this fiscal year.

We just have two finals before us so it's understandable they want the team to concentrate on those games. But I could see Denis's transfer being officially announced in a week after CDR final.

Darko

Those transfers with a buy back are basically better versions of loans.
How much did we pay for Denis while he was still at City?

Messi983

From page 3 of this thread...

Barcelona pay 1.8M for City's Denis Suarez. 1M now, 0.8M when promoted. Incentives of 0.8M for every 10 games with first team, max 8M. Man City have a first option on midfielder Denis Suarez (19) and will get 20% of the added value when the player is sold. [rac1]

Home of Barca Fans