Denis Suarez

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we count Roberto as midfielder we can place a lineup with only midfielders on pitch lol. We have 11 midfielders when 7 is ideal. 4 need to go.

Toecrusher

feel the only thing in favour of him (in the coaches eyes) could be that he is right footed versus his competitors for the wide midfield spots in 442 (i.e. Dembele, Malcolm, Rafinha, Alena are all naturally left footed).

Other than that not much use having him hang around...will only end up taking Alena minutes.

BBZ8800

I extremely doubt that we will get rid of more than 2 out of Gomes, Denis, Samper, Rafinha.
Samper will probably get loaned to Granada or some other bottom table team for 0 Millions 2 days before a deadline since no one will bid on him.
Gomes/Rafinha could be sold to EPL or something for a lower than expected price.

My expectations:
2 out of Rafinha/Denis/Gomes will stay.
In the best case, 1 out of them will stay.

Imo, it is almost impossible that we will sell/loan all 4.
We will watch 1 or 2 of them again this season in our shirt. Probably quite a lot.

khaled_a_d

I extremely doubt that we will get rid of more than 2 out of Gomes, Denis, Samper, Rafinha.
Samper will probably get loaned to Granada or some other bottom table team for 0 Millions 2 days before a deadline since no one will bid on him.
Gomes/Rafinha could be sold to EPL or something for a lower than expected price.

My expectations:
2 out of Rafinha/Denis/Gomes will stay.
In the best case, 1 out of them will stay.

Imo, it is almost impossible that we will sell/loan all 4.
We will watch 1 or 2 of them again this season in our shirt. Probably quite a lot.

-Samper have 1 year left, he will be allowed to leave on his own terms most likely (ala Sandro) but i think he is as good as gone, will keep him only as 24th man and as a good gesture if he doesn't find a new team.
-Denis isn't on transfer list, most likely he stays unless a good offer comes, which is possible (he is worth more than Vidal for example and he went for 10) as he is also content with his role in the team and his agent isn't shopping him for all we know.
-Gomes. well injury fucked up things, but won't be surprised if he leaves, should be clear by this weak since his likely destination is EPL.
-Rafinha, he will likely have offers, he wants to leave but he is just too good to sell cheaply, it is about getting the money we want for him.

Overall there have been change in our ability to sell this summer, so things aren't looking bleak

Saladin

Denis, Gomes, Paco, Samper, Marlon, Mina out.

Alena, Miranda, Munir and Rafinha, should be promoted/kept.

Add a WC midfielder (De Jong, Thiago or Pogba) and the team would be:

1 Germany GK Marc-André ter Stegen
2 Portugal DF Nélson Semedo
3 Spain DF Gerard Piqué (3rd captain)
4 Croatia MF Ivan Rakitić
5 Spain MF Sergio Busquets (vice-captain)
6 Brazil MF Rafinha
7 Brazil FW Malcom
8 Chile MF Arturo Vidal
9 Uruguay FW Luis Suárez
10 Argentina FW Lionel Messi (captain)
11 France FW Ousmane Dembélé
12 NEW MIDFIELDER
13 Netherl. GK Jasper Cillessen
14 Brazil MF Philippe Coutinho
15 France DF Clément Lenglet
16 Brazil MF Arthur
17 Spain FW Munir El-Haddadi
18 Spain DF Jordi Alba
20 Spain DF Sergi Roberto
21 Spain MF Carles Alená
23 France DF Samuel Umtiti
24 Spain DF Juan Miranda
25 Belgium DF Thomas Vermaelen

That is a solid team perfectly balanced and with the ability to challenge on all fronts.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have no clue why Denis is still at Barca and why he's so hell bent on being here too. Do the guy genuinely believe he got a shot now with Iniesta gone?

He's gonna ride the bench the entire season.

Saladin

lol

That's a fine team, but it's not like we need another signing. Should focus on selling.

You get the jist of it and De Jong has the potential to be a WC midfielder, especially if we rescue him from Ajax and their hellbent 'Mascherano' DM-to-CB conversion strategy.

Joan

You get the jist of it and De Jong has the potential to be a WC midfielder, especially if we rescue him from Ajax and their hellbent 'Mascherano' DM-to-CB conversion strategy.

I wouldn't sign De Jong this summer. Not that I don't like him, but would prefer to secure him. Simply won't develop here, won't get enough minutes. I also don't think we need another midfielder. Busquets, Rakitić, Coutinho, Arthur, Vidal, Alena, Rafinha... that's enough really.

However, I'm not sure about 2 things.

(1) LB option, Miranda shouldn't be promoted. He needs to play, ruining a talent like that would be stupid. (2) CF backup.

Saladin

I have no clue why Denis is still at Barca and why he's so hell bent on being here too. Do the guy genuinely believe he got a shot now with Iniesta gone?

I agree completely, ambition and confidence are generally strong assets in a player/person, but paired with a lack of self-awareness, like in the case of Denis, it is just plain ignorance. Not being able to realize ones own shortcomings as a player is a headache beyond approach; same goes for Andre 'Hulk' Gomes. Spending the whole season hiding, then goes into total buff-mode with SoMe posts of 'LETS DO THIS SHIT' and becoming a 'born-again' player, challenging random keyboard warriors on Twitter is not only hilarious but also very sad. Most of all for the club.

soul24rage

I'm guessing it's because we don't have another back up (besides Denis) for Coutinho on that left hand side who is right footed. If Rafinha or Alena was right footed then maybe Denis would have been sold.

Home of Barca Fans