Denis Suarez

Butaan4barca

People had doubts about his ability to fit into a Barca midfield position but he showed himself very capable today. He runs a lot off the ball and never once showed hesitance to do his defensive duties. His passing was very good and he doesn't fear passing between lines the way Arda and Rafinha often do. He seems to be really adaptable and connected well with Messi, willing to bet he can do the same with Neymar on the left side if he plays there.

The competition between the backups at CM is gonna be pretty tight. It's a zero sum game and that means some of our players are gonna lose. I think Rafinha could end up being in the background this season as his game has a lot of iffy aspects to it. On merits, Arda shouldn't get THAT much time but Lucho seems to like using him so I don't know if his time is actually threatened by Denis/Gomes. Gomes is a new signing so he'll obviously get some favor but if Denis proves to be too good to keep on the bench regularly, he might get less time than he wants. Roberto will be relied upon much more at RB since it's showing that he's more reliable defensively than Vidal, maybe a few games at CDM too.

I think Rafinha draws the short straw and Denis will have to fight to earn more time and move up the pecking order. Gomes and Arda have some contingencies that guarantee them a sizable chance to begin with. I'd like Denis to have more favor and Arda to have been sold truthfully, but the situation is what it is. Gomes is a complete question mark for me as of now.

as i have been saying all along, his characteristic makes him good fit for the midfield position. And that too, i personally think, on the left of the 3 man midfield would be his better position.

FC B

Another solid performance from him. He plays in Barca's system like he played his whole career here unlike Arda whom you might consider a retired footballer playing a random charity match..

MessiDinho10

Another solid performance from him. He plays in Barca's system like he played his whole career here unlike Arda whom you might consider a retired footballer playing a random charity match..

Arda even looks like a 45 year old Turkish phone salesman who ate too much pide.

FC B

:lol:

you're right, I never understood why so many constalty speak of Suarez being overweight but much less about Arda's appearing...

Anti-Pepe

Unobservant fans confuse "a good 20 minutes" (contiguous or discontiguous)with "good game". He was (with the rest of the team) dreadful in the second half. Overrun and undercooked. He has impressed in short bursts no doubt, but can he sustain it?

Trickykid

Unobservant fans confuse "a good 20 minutes" (contiguous or discontiguous)with "good game". He was (with the rest of the team) dreadful in the second half. Overrun and undercooked. He has impressed in short bursts no doubt, but can he sustain it?

Good thing we have people like you to educate those unobservant fans and set the record straight. Thanks!

Denis has been good so far, and has shown clear signs that he can indeed fit in our midfield. Time will tell if he has the quality to be a starter, but he's an extremely exciting prospect either way.

xXKonan

CpDRDJVXYAAaz4v.jpg

Sports Front Cover.

"Denis earns the 6"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can the hate end now?

"Denis is average at best, we need Pogba."

"Denis was a winger at Villareal, I doubt he can be a CM for us."

:coffee:

What hate did you see in this thread? Vast majority (if not everyone agreed with Denis returning).

Or are you are implying that "hate" was seeing him more as a winger than cm?

Either way you are barking up the wrong tree.

xXKonan

What hate did you see in this thread? Vast majority (if not everyone agreed with Denis returning).

Or are you are implying that "hate" was seeing him more as a winger than cm?

Either way you are barking up the wrong tree.
I think he was throwing a dig towards the Member "Pogbizzle" since the dude constantly shat on Denis for no reason and wanted us to buy Pogba.

Home of Barca Fans