Denis Suarez

Sorin

100x better than Gomes but heh I guess EV has his favourites

They don't play the same position, dude. How can you compare? /s

Jokes aside, at least he saw what a zero player Gomes really is and he hasn't set foot on the pitch since the fiasco in Rome. Denis played in every match since then IIRC. It's quite worrying that Valverde realized this with one month until the end of the campaign though.

With Vidal he realized sooner.

EdmondDantes

One of the few bright spots out tonight.

To think we wasted 50 million and 2 years worth of minutes to a donkey like Andre Gomes whilst Denis got crumbs makes me seethe.

He's had just lows but now he's seemingly beginning to flourish again. He will be invaluable next season. The boy never complains, is humble and works hard. It's now paying off. Well done Denis.

henias

Excellent player, I wouldnt sell him. Would be a solid squad player. The only thing he needs to work on is his finishing and composure in the final third. Anything else he is brilliant and offers much more than Endre Ghoulmes. Now watch Denis banished for months just because he didnt convert that chance.

ebieymjunior

Excellent player, I wouldnt sell him. Would be a solid squad player. The only thing he needs to work on is his finishing and composure in the final third. Anything else he is brilliant and offers much more than Endre Ghoulmes. Now watch Denis banished for months just because he didnt convert that chance.

He's really good, but I guess Coutinho is just a better version of him. I'd rather we had a small squad with Coutinho and Alena as LCM and use the B team players more than him rotting on the bench. I'd say sell him with a buy-back option.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think he will stay. Indication is Valverde opted for him instead of Gomes and Vidal recently. He also talked highly of him.

Joan

Valverde realized he's more useful and comfortable as a winger. Since he plays on both wings, I doubt he'll leave.

Porque

Hes a decent squad option, but occupies the same positions on the field as Alenya will.

Better to invest that time in the later than Denis.

If we can get 20m+ then its worth letting Denis go.

Joan

Hes a decent squad option, but occupies the same positions on the field as Alenya will.

Better to invest that time in the later than Denis.

If we can get 20m+ then its worth letting Denis go.

Unless you want Alenya to play as a winger, they don't.

Even so, Denis mostly plays on the left, not right (like Alenya).

Porque

Unless you want Alenya to play as a winger, they don't.

Even so, Denis mostly plays on the left, not right (like Alenya).

Had a brainfart and thought Denis was left footed for some reason. If Valverde exclusively sees him as AML/ML backup for Coutinho then fair enough. We don't have anyone there.

But this end of LaLiga he has been mostly an option at MR and AMR replacing Dembele. If those are the positions that Valverde considers him at for next season then I much prefer it invested into Alenya.

I love Denis attitude, but also a lot of his work looks great with dribbles, but then ultimately ends in nothing as he will fall over, make a poor pass or shoot nowhere near on target. If a club like Napoli are willing to pay a good sum then it can be invested into a more impactful player. And I think he can easily flourish at a lesser side (look at what Gerry D managed at Milan).

Of course if we were to keep one of Denis, Vidal and Gomes then the answer is easily Denis.

Joan

Had a brainfart and thought Denis was left footed for some reason. If Valverde exclusively sees him as AML/ML backup for Coutinho then fair enough. We don't have anyone there.

But this end of LaLiga he has been mostly an option at MR and AMR replacing Dembele. If those are the positions that Valverde considers him at for next season then I much prefer it invested into Alenya.

He's been mostly used as a winger. I think that's good if we are going to keep him. Suits him better.

I love Denis attitude, but also a lot of his work looks great with dribbles, but then ultimately ends in nothing as he will fall over, make a poor pass or shoot nowhere near on target. If a club like Napoli are willing to pay a good sum then it can be invested into a more impactful player. And I think he can easily flourish at a lesser side (look at what Gerry D managed at Milan).

Of course if we were to keep one of Denis, Vidal and Gomes then the answer is easily Denis.

I don't really want Alenya to be Dembele's backup. He's a midfielder, not a winger and we should build on that.

IMO.

bodi16

If a club like Napoli are willing to pay a good sum then it can be invested into a more impactful player.

Doubt anyone would pay anything over 25M for him. And even if we manage somehow to get 30M+, that amount will most probably be wasted on another Gomes :lol:. I actually prefer him to stay, at least he can put in a decent performance against average sides when we'll need him.

M

MessiCam

With Iniesta leaving I said Denis received a lifeline. Was ridiculed by some here because the consensus was that Gomes would be preferred...

How’s that working out for you?

Home of Barca Fans