Denis Suarez

BBZ8800

It’s quite simple. At the time he has some good performances (like the one against Sevilla) and he deservedly got praise for it. Even you lauded him. He’s been terrible since his second season with us though, hence people do not want to see him playing for us anymore. It’s simple. You play, if you suck, people turn their backs on you. The same case was with Arda and Gomes.

I always laughed at Denise from the day 1 saying that (s)he has a physique of a 13 years old girl and that (s)he is a turnover machine.
I was one of the rare who actually had more faith in Gomes.
They both turned as a crap for us, but I think that Gomes will have a better career outside of Barca because he is a better allround footballer than Denis.

My point is, the same usual suspects were hyping Denis and his "technical ability, passing, creativity, movement" the same as how they are hyping today Alena, Puig, Frenkie and similar.
Read this post, some guys see (way too much) magic and creativity in everything:
It's a lack of attention if you really thought he was that quiet today. Started like 3 quick sequences/counters and won the ball in advanced positions high up the pitch a few times as well. He was involved and stimulating a lot of quick attacking play around/in the box and moved the ball really well. Really good creative input in our midfield.

This is the second game where Denis really made his impact felt I feel. In the first Supercup leg his sub made us more direct and dynamic. Lots of forward direction in our play while we were extremely slow and static before he got on. Now today we were sending wave after wave of attacks with him in midfield, often with his involvement both on and off the ball. He was at the nucleus of a lot of dangerous moves and supported other ones. As Jamdav mentioned in the chat, his runs away from the ball into space really help stimulating our attacking impetus. After he was subbed off and Arda moved into midfield, the game slowed down very significantly on our end. Our only source of energy and directness came from an inspired Messi.

If we're playing slow (which has often been our issue in deadlock games), Denis is the guy I want to sub on without a single doubt. He can change the energy and tempo of a game with his style of play. His influence in adding something we sometimes lack is very pronounced.

I know, I am too negative and too cautious towards 95% of young players.
On the other hand, usual suspects are too romantic and too naive about the equal number of young players.

The 2nd thing is, I don't like how the "whole forum" changed an opinion about him.
I do have a theory about that.
2 years ago, Denis was a shiny new toy, compared to older toys like Arda, Rakitic, Busi, Rafinha, Roberto.
And a new toy always looks better than the old toys, right?
Especially if a new toy clicks the most beloved Bforum's boxes like: technical, creative, good passer, good off the ball movement.
Denis on paper was a perfect romance/hype object for majority of users here.

What is happening in 2018?
Well, true, Denis sucks. But he sucked equally in 2014, 2015 and in Barca in 16/17.
But today people have new shiny toys knocking on our doors (Alena, Puig, Oriol), so it is time to sell old toys or guys who failed and give chances to new toys.

My bet, 1 or 2 out of Alena, Puig, Oriol will in 2-3 years get the treatment of a current Denis.
And in 2022, some new Oriols will be knocking on our doors, so Oriol Busquets and other guys will need to be sold (and will get hate from a forum) like Denis today, so that we could test new toys with shiny passing and technique.

People are too emotional about new guys/young guys/new prospects.

Last edited:

Jombi

Interesting how people have turned their backs heavily on Denis now.
Only 2 years ago, he was a potential new Iniesta on this forum:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11236-6-Denis-Suarez/page93

So funny.
Who will be in his shoes in 2 years from now from current flavors of the Month? :sherlock:

The whole forum thought he was the new Iniesta? You should know more than anyone that the people who like the player will comment if the player does well. The people who dont like a player will not comment. So you dont post in the Arthur thread. And shun the Dembele thread. You will return if there is a bad game. The people who made those comments you link to liked Denis Suarez. It doesnt mean the whole forum thought he was amazing. Its not really funny. I think you understand that.

Gnidrologist

dont know if its photo shopped. It looks to me like CR7 in his comfort zone.
tumblr_mld36ndcTV1r0siqvo1_r1_400.gif

BBZ8800

The whole forum thought he was the new Iniesta? You should know more than anyone that the people who like the player will comment if the player does well. The people who dont like a player will not comment. So you dont post in the Arthur thread. And shun the Dembele thread. You will return if there is a bad game. The people who made those comments you link to liked Denis Suarez. It doesnt mean the whole forum thought he was amazing. Its not really funny. I think you understand that.

I get that.
The point is still:
In 2016:
People who loved him, were writing "songs" about his abilities.
People who didn't like him, were quiet.
Fine.

EVERYONE is writing bad about Denis.
Do you see a difference?

I am not saying that EVERYONE loved Denis in 2016.
But a majority of people liked him and had a lot of faith in him.

Today, can you find 5 people here out of 500-1000 posters who still have faith in Denis reagrding his Barca's career?
Is there anyone who wrote something nice about Denis in the last 10-20 pages?
I don't think so.

I don't like that "collective mind" of a forum.
Some users are honest in their ideas, but a lot of guys are just jumping on a train of famous users.

Jombi

I always laughed at Denise from the day 1 saying that (s)he has a physique of a 13 years old girl and that (s)he is a turnover machine.
I was one of the rare who actually had more faith in Gomes.
They both turned as a crap for us, but I think that Gomes will have a better career outside of Barca because he is a better allround footballer than Denis.

My point is, the same usual suspects were hyping Denis and his "technical ability, passing, creativity, movement" the same as how they are hyping today Alena, Puig, Frenkie and similar.
Read this post, some guys see (way too much) magic and creativity in everything:

I know, I am too negative and too cautious towards 95% of young players.
On the other hand, usual suspects are too romantic and too naive about the equal number of young players.

The 2nd thing is, I don't like how the "whole forum" changed an opinion about him.
I do have a theory about that.
2 years ago, Denis was a shiny new toy, compared to older toys like Arda, Rakitic, Busi, Rafinha, Roberto.
And a new toy always looks better than the old toys, right?
Especially if a new toy clicks the most beloved Bforum's boxes like: technical, creative, good passer, good off the ball movement.
Denis on paper was a perfect romance/hype object for majority of users here.

Well, true, Denis sucks. But he sucked equally in 2014, 2015 and in Barca in 16/17.
But today people have new shiny toys knocking on our doors (Alena, Puig, Oriol), so it is time to sell old toys or guys who failed and give chances to new toys.

My bet, 1 or 2 out of Alena, Puig, Oriol will in 2-3 years get the treatment of a current Denis.
And in 2022, some new Oriols will be knocking on our doors, so Oriol Busquets and other guys will need to be sold (and will get hate from a forum) like Denis today, so that we could test new toys with shiny passing and technique.

People are too emotional about new guys/young guys/new prospects.

I think you are far more emotional with your need to constantly have the opposite opinion of what you think is "forum opinion". If a player is rated, you will automatically dismiss the player without knowing anything about that player. Then you will desperately defend your original opinion, even if proven dead wrong over time. Whats the point in doing that?

Jombi

I get that.
The point is still:
In 2016:
People who loved him, were writing "songs" about his abilities.
People who didn't like him, were quiet.
Fine.

EVERYONE is writing bad about Denis.
Do you see a difference?

I am not saying that EVERYONE loved Denis in 2016.
But a majority of people liked him and had a lot of faith in him.

Today, can you find 5 people here out of 500-1000 posters who still have faith in Denis reagrding his Barca's career?
Is there anyone who wrote something nice about Denis in the last 10-20 pages?
I don't think so.

I don't like that "collective mind" of a forum.
Some users are honest in their ideas, but a lot of guys are just jumping on a train of famous users.

So what? The few people who thought he was the new Iniesta dont think so anymore. If the few people who thought he would be some amazing star dont think so anymore, thats not funny, that means they have come to their senses. Is that wrong? Should everyone be like you and still claim that Neymar would be the new Robinho in Europe and refuse to admit they were wrong?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I am not a fan of him, but he was very, very good in a 2nd half, Barca's required level.
Our best midfielder today.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

He did have good perfomances in his first season that warranted praise. That was the case at least until February.

MTL_Barca

Breaking News: football fans have faith in younger players and hype them up after some good performances hoping they turn into a real class player.

I also don't see a problem with people not sticking to their opinion forever, we all constantly judge players wrong thats just how it is. It's the same the other way around, or would you expect everyone who once was negative about a player constantly nitpicking about his (good) performances just to stick with it? Denis was showing some talent (not starter quality but not completely useless) but for the last 2 years he did nothing but getting older, so it's just logical people gave up on him.

Last edited:
Breaking News: football fans have faith in younger players and hype them up after some good performances hoping they turn into a real class player.

I also don't see a problem with people not sticking to their opinion forever, we all constantly judge players wrong thats just how it is. It's the same the other way around, or would you expect everyone who once was negative about a player constantly nitpicking about his (good) performances just to stick with it? Denis was showing some talent (not starter quality but not completely useless) but for the last 2 years he did nothing but getting older, so it's just logical people gave up on him.
Exactly, the same thing happened with Bojan, delefeu, jds etc. All players that everyone thought would become worldclass when they were younger but they didnt show themselves at the top stage... the best example is freddy adu, I remember everyone saying he is the next pele lol i dont think his career lasted more than a couple of years in the top flight

stk93

so be more reserved when u rate a player.. thats ehat bbz is trying to say.
not like buy fdj hes wc player, huge talent, never see someone like him from messi, etc
you never know with young talents.
i learn this from bojan times, that kid was super skilled, u cant even compare fdj with him in terms of talent/skills
or u guys remember pato?

srry for my bad english

Gnidrologist

I think many young talents now days become waste because of ridiculous wages pro sportsmen earn. When you're 18 and you get dozens of k per week for basically keeping yourself in shape spoils many people. I know i would be spoiled, if i life of me and my family would be secured at the age of 20+. Only autistic passion for football keeps best sportsmen at top.

Home of Barca Fans