Denis Suarez

serghei

Not the best and most consistent game, but the end product was there. Goal + assist is fine. Two goals in a row is even better. On the right track for sure.

Xaviniesta

Had some Xavi like passes today. I still think he is better at midfield

Forgot to add the fact that his corner assist was fantastic. He should be taking the corners if he plays

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Like how positive he is when gets the ball.

Always looks to take it on half turn and make things happen quickly.

Lost it a few times in both Getafe game and last night but his energy and desire to go forward mad a difference. Has the balls to try and make things happen. Need that at Barca.

Messi983

Forgot to add the fact that his corner assist was fantastic. He should be taking the corners if he plays

Yes, nice assist. But I think whoever will take the corners will do a better job than Neymar. We scored 2 goals from corners in last 3 games, how many did we score in whole last season when Neyboy take most of them? I think we'll improve a lot from set pieces under Valverde.

Feels so good knowing he is the first option ahead of gomes.

He played as left winger, of course he's ahead of Gomes there. ;)

PhilS

I'm looking forward to seeing him start up front alongside Messi and L. Suarez. Must move ahead of Deulofeu in the pecking order for forwards.

ASordidGod

Prefer him in mid myself. As for yesterday's performance, yeah, it was encouraging. He's confident, progressive, good close control. Just needs to take more care with the ball.

Albo

He doesn't fit in the 3-man midfield that we usually play. He could fit in the mid if we played 4-4-2 with him as a wide mid but never to 4-3-3.

El Flaco

Last night, Denis made an interview with RAC1

[tw]912603903471972353[/tw]

[tw]912561490045149184[/tw]

There isn't many quotes I can find from that 20 minutes long Denis had...

On Paulinho

"I like to watch football and I’ve seen Paulinho playing for Brazil, where he’s demonstrated what he is. He’s a physical player who gives us a lot on a defensive level because he’s so strong. And going forward he adds a lot, too, because he makes those runs into the box, as we saw against Getafe. And then he’s an animal at set plays, he’s incredible. He’s been unfairly criticised, above all because of the moment he arrives, which was just after Neymar left, but anyone who’s seen the Brazil national team knows he’s not a mediocre player. I don’t think it was necessary for him to shut any mouths. He’s proving the level he’s at and the importance he can have on the team.”

On staying at Barca despite other clubs reportedly wanted to sign him past summer

"I never thought about leaving and although it is true that I had two offers, I did not consider either. I didn't want to move from here, I know that I have the confidence of the coaching staff, of the players, and I believe I'll get opportunities and hope to make the most of them. My goal is to be important here and I will not stop fighting until I achieve that. Perhaps so far this season it has (been better than last season) - I have started games and have been important," he said."I can't stop there, I have to fight for more game time and more starts."

On Valverde and Barça's position in Liga

"I think things are going better than last year. Not just in terms of concepts and how we've changed our way of playing, but training is different as well. Valverde has a completely different personality to Luis Enrique. He is a clear thinker and is relaxed, which he has transmitted to the players from the first day."

"We've started La Liga well and we're getting better all the time. It was unthinkable that we would be seven points clear [of Real Madrid in La Liga] after six games, but we have to focus on ourselves. The season's a long one and when you drop points, doubts can emerge. The dynamic is good, though, and not just in terms of results; I think the way we're playing is really good, too. It's been the perfect start to the season."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...animal-and-doesnt-need-to-shut-mouths-6310737
http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/sto...offers-to-leave-to-fight-for-barcelona-chance
http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/09/26/59c9824a468aeb321c8b45c3.html

He needs to be given more opportunities, especially with Iniesta's age, Raktic's form and the lack of a threat in our front line. He has shown glimpses of magic this season and it could be a breakthrough year for him. We need to play him as much as we can this season and let him either sink or swim.

MessiTHEgoat

dat assist to messi. and dems skills.

he's really underatted. he would be a starter in any other team in the world aside from us and rma. please EV don't waste his potentiel like lucho did.

i remember how some people were fine of him getting sold to napoli for 25-30m, that was a crime.

Home of Barca Fans