Denis Suarez

FCBfan22

Because Xavi got bullied off the ball really easily aswell right ? Or how about modric-kroos and isco they lose the ball really fast aswell. We need more muscle , Barca should start scouting players in the MMA.

I think Francis Ngannou and Yoel Romero should get signed as quickly as possible.

Let's get Conor McGregor for the LB. With Yerry's fresh Colombian marching powder, he would do wonders.

RMU ReBorn

Mediocre Squad player over rated by few to prove that Gomes is prefered over him . In hindsight both plays in different positions
This is what i posted after his mindblowing 15 minute cameo last time . Apart from that choke Gomes was far better when both started . Now where are all the " 10 times better than gomes " wankers . He is nothing more than a 15 minute sub player were he can create an impact

RMU ReBorn

He is just so horrible in midfield, gets bullied off ball every time, so lightweight. He can be a sub for attack, but i dont recall him ever having a good game in midfield for us.

Thats not true . He was brilliant against Sevilla in Pijuan last season . We got outclassed by Sampoli's side in first 30 minutes . Messi and Denis was the stand out players in that match for us . Top performance from the lad

BBZ8800

Because Xavi got bullied off the ball really easily aswell right ? Or how about modric-kroos and isco they lose the ball really fast aswell. We need more muscle , Barca should start scouting players in the MMA.

I think Francis Ngannou and Yoel Romero should get signed as quickly as possible.

Lel.
So, the best midfielder ever, Xavi was good in spite of weak physique and that is a proof how midfielders don't need physique.
A good one.

Do you remember how Bartra was bullied?
Why a CB needs strength then?
Do you remember how Halilovic was bullied etc?
Do you remember how our turtles are outrun easily? (this one is about pace, a physical skill also).

Again, there is a difference between extremely light players like Denis and MMA guys.

Also, about Modric.
Modric is a weak guy, and he is surrounded by the wall Casemiro and a decent guy in terms of physique, Kroos.
Do you know the difference between Real and Barca?
Real will have one player like Modric and surround him with 2 stronger guys to get the balance.
Barca, on the other hand, will have Iniesta, and surround him with players like Messi, Coutinho and Busquets.
Real will win CLs.
Barca will win group stage of a CL.

I really don't get what is so hard to understand there.
Fc Barca, the lightest team in a modern football.
This style worked for 3 years in our history (2008-2011) out of 120, and people will stick with it till 2111.

Awesome. If our fans don't see a problem, no wonder that old guys in the board don't see a problem either.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So wait , let me get this straight you mock me because I picked one of the best Midfielders who have great ball retention and balance ( not muh muscles). Then you decide to pick mediocre players like bartra and halilovic to counter my argument. :lol:

And wtf does casemiro have to do with modric being able to keep the ball and shield it perfectly ? Does Casemiro give Modric a lift on his shoulders when he is in trouble ?

And btw the midfield today worked great aswell with so much muscles and length in there in the form of Andre Gomes and Paulinho , they sure did help denis when he got bullied time and time again. And yh Im with you on that one Denis is an average player.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Having a physical team and midfield capable of bullying off people have really helped England throughout history.

The two best midfielders today are Modric and Kroos who is infamous for being soft and poor defensively.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We get outpaced because Iniesta is 33 years old, Busquets is slow and our physical beast Rakitic is slow as fuck too.

Devils

I cant get around just how consistently bad both him and Gomes are.

It's like ever 1 in 10 games or so they will have a 'decent' performance. But the other 9 times they are trash.

Comedic performances from the both of them today.

LeeRomeno

Thats not true . He was brilliant against Sevilla in Pijuan last season . We got outclassed by Sampoli's side in first 30 minutes . Messi and Denis was the stand out players in that match for us . Top performance from the lad

So 1 game, don't even remember that. Changes really nothing.

BBZ8800

So wait , let me get this straight you mock me because I picked one of the best Midfielders who have great ball retention and balance ( not muh muscles). Then you decide to pick mediocre players like bartra and halilovic to counter my argument. :lol:

And wtf does casemiro have to do with modric being able to keep the ball and shield it perfectly ? Does Casemiro give Modric a lift on his shoulders when he is in trouble ?

And btw the midfield today worked great aswell with so much muscles and length in there in the form of Andre Gomes and Paulinho , they sure did help denis when he got bullied time and time again. And yh Im with you on that one Denis is an average player.

Ok, let's do it slower:
If you are one of the greatest midfielders of all time, then your physical weaknesses won't hurt a team.
But, here's a catch: we won't have Xavi ever again, but inferior players.
So, we will just have random technically weaker midfielders who will be slow and bullied in a Cl.
Sounds like a good plan.

Further, apart from 2008-2011, when we had the brain of TikiTaka, Xavi, when we had prime Messi the alien, and when teams didn't know how to neutralize TikiTaka and short midfielders, can you name any era in a modern history where teams with short players dominated the world?
Spain also dominated then, and won't dominate ever again due to Xavi not playing anymore and TikiTaka being figured out.

So, please, if any of you have any indications that short players actually work, please enlighten me.

Btw, yeah, they work well enough for La liga.
But not good enough for a Cl since we are getting knocked out all the time in exactly the same fashion... Against taller and faster boys with a decent technique.

About Modric, the point is that you can survive with 1-2-3 short players in your team.
But Barca is doing a harakiri.
We are trying to buy a whole team consisted of weak players.

Arthur, Cou, Messi, Griezmann, Iniesta.
That's a lot of short players as potential starters next season.

Real would never do something like that.
City would, though, lol.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Having a physical team and midfield capable of bullying off people have really helped England throughout history.

The two best midfielders today are Modric and Kroos who is infamous for being soft and poor defensively.

Your example is as shit as my example with Denis.

Let's do it slower again.
Why not trying to have a team with both:
1. Decent technique
2. Decent pace
3. Decent height and muscles

For example, Rm and Bayern have all 3 skills.

Barca has good technique, horrible pace and weak muscles.
1 out of 3 skills.

England has:
Good pace, good height, average technique.

So, England is flawed the same as Barca because they don't have all 3 required skills.

I dob't get it.
If we have Coutinho now, why pairing him with Iniesta, Alena or Arthur.
Why not pairing him with Eriksen, Strootman, Pogba and similar.
That is my point.
If you have one weak guy, surround him with bigger guys to get a balance.
Not with another weak guy.

Also, Messi-Griezzman attack.
That will be hillarious in the quarters of the next season.

MTL_Barca

Smaller players will always lose 1v1, but should have an edge on the technical side what can also make it hard for the physical stronger team.

But you keep ignoring that we don't have a technical good squad (midfield). Most of them are not only lacking muscles but also lack technical qualities, vision, stamina and speed.

We can't press with slow tired players, we can't keep the ball with players like Gomes, Paulinho, now Suarez etc and we don't have a coach to fix that.

I could understand it if he had a squad of Neymar, Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, Thiago, Busquets coached by like Pep and kept losing to physical squads but that's just not the case. And while the above is completely unrealistic it won't save us to just bring in some more taller players.

Having a quality (all around QUALITY and not Paulinho) strong midfielder would really help, but so would having a quality playmaker. Since we lack both i would go for the technical players first so we can at least go back to play real Barca football.

The coach doesn't have options and that's really sad. The bench brings nothing new to the team, just mediocre players you don't want to start in any game no matter what the circumstances are. Just imagine having Griezmann instead of Suarez, maybe another backup than Paco, a playmaker instead of Gomes, Arthur instead of Denis, and a better physical CM/DM instead of Paulinho. Then add Roberto, Sergio, Alena & Coutinho. You could pretty much play every formation with that and enough players for a rotation that doesn't automatically make our midfield useless.

We could have that now if we didn't waste 150M on Arda, Gomes, Paulinho, Denis. Would still lack some muscles vs some teams but that's something that won't change at Barca.

Last edited:

Judoman

Lel.
So, the best midfielder ever, Xavi was good in spite of weak physique and that is a proof how midfielders don't need physique.
A good one.

Do you remember how Bartra was bullied?
Why a CB needs strength then?
Do you remember how Halilovic was bullied etc?
Do you remember how our turtles are outrun easily? (this one is about pace, a physical skill also).

Again, there is a difference between extremely light players like Denis and MMA guys.

Also, about Modric.
Modric is a weak guy, and he is surrounded by the wall Casemiro and a decent guy in terms of physique, Kroos.
Do you know the difference between Real and Barca?
Real will have one player like Modric and surround him with 2 stronger guys to get the balance.
Barca, on the other hand, will have Iniesta, and surround him with players like Messi, Coutinho and Busquets.
Real will win CLs.
Barca will win group stage of a CL.

I really don't get what is so hard to understand there.
Fc Barca, the lightest team in a modern football.
This style worked for 3 years in our history (2008-2011) out of 120, and people will stick with it till 2111.

Awesome. If our fans don't see a problem, no wonder that old guys in the board don't see a problem either.

Your obsesion with strenght is silly. Technical skills and MENTAL strenght are much more important, than physique.

The key is in the head/heart not in the muscles.

The are plenty of physical strong guys, who look like pussies out there. You can find one or two in Barca team.

Home of Barca Fans