Denis Suarez

BBZ8800

All his good performances have come when playing as winger and if he is not going to playing as one then it's best to get rid of him. Manchester City are also still raiding our coffers for this guy.

He played 1 good game last season (as a CM, was it against Sevilla?) and 2 good matches this season.

When people post "all his matches", it sounds as if a guy played well for 200 matches in a row.
While it was closer to 90-100 minutes in total of his Barca's career.

M

MessiCam

He played 1 good game last season (as a CM, was it against Sevilla?) and 2 good matches this season.

When people post "all his matches", it sounds as if a guy played well for 200 matches in a row.

Yep, 2 games against Eibar and Las Palmas. Against last Palmas he started as LM but was switched to RW after half time in the tactical switch. He has been mediocre at best whenever he has played in midfield.

BusiTheKing

I don't think anyone is raving about this guy being fantastic or anything, but he's by far our best option for width in the left side. He was far from fantastic, but he was looking for the right spaces, trying to start something and at times succeeding. Honestly he wasn't significantly worse than how Neymar played in 50% of these games. The important take away is, like it was with Neymar, that he actually has the ability to create real things. Because of that, I would have him over Gomes or whoever in every single game. He's different from Neymar in that a bigger deal of his game relies on linking up with others. Fewer dribbles down the line and more looking up. When you play so rarely, of course you don't even have the chance to learn the movement of the players around you. Give him time and these things will flourish.

Example: Does anyone remember his great pass to Suarez last night, which was a lot the ones Neymar used to give, and on which Suarez has scored quite a few goals. He went inside and passed right footed down the outside of the RCB. That's the evidence of potential right there. I think it was in top three of our best chances last night. With time to adapt, he would no doubt be able to sync up more naturally with Suarez, recognize runs and give those passes more often.

M

MessiCam

I don't think anyone is raving about this guy being fantastic or anything, but he's by far our best option for width in the left side. He was far from fantastic, but he was looking for the right spaces, trying to start something and at times succeeding. Honestly he wasn't significantly worse than how Neymar played in 50% of these games. The important take away is, like it was with Neymar, that he actually has the ability to create real things. Because of that, I would have him over Gomes or whoever in every single game. He's different from Neymar in that a bigger deal of his game relies on linking up with others. Fewer dribbles down the line and more looking up. When you play so rarely, of course you don't even have the chance to learn the movement of the players around you. Give him time and these things will flourish.

Example: Does anyone remember his great pass to Suarez last night, which was a lot the ones Neymar used to give, and on which Suarez has scored quite a few goals. He went inside and passed right footed down the outside of the RCB. That's the evidence of potential right there. I think it was in top three of our best chances last night. With time to adapt, he would no doubt be able to sync up more naturally with Suarez, recognize runs and give those passes more often.

His linking up is not the issue. It’s his ability to play in midfield that is. In the games that Suarez was absent he played as a LW alongside Messi with Deulofeu and Vidal on the RW in a 4-3-3. In those games he was very good because he had no midfield burden and could get on with his linkups and passes which attempt to open the defence.

FinBarcelonafan

Denis could be good player, If he had more pace and strength. He should work on those things. Too often I see him just pushed off the ball. If he is that small/soft, he should have great speed at least.

BarçaBarça

Well, there is a chance he could double/triple/quadruple that now that both Roberto and Gomes are injured, and Iniesta still needs rest some times.
But of course he needs to shine right now if he wants to be here in the longer run.

Joan

I just don't get it. We were 1 up and Sevilla dominated the game. Why did Valverde decide to sit back? Why didn't he chase one more with Denis on the pitch? Deulo is useless as it gets. Denis creates chances every time he plays, we need to pair him up with Paco.

BBZ8800

I just don't get it. We were 1 up and Sevilla dominated the game. Why did Valverde decide to sit back? Why didn't he chase one more with Denis on the pitch? Deulo is useless as it gets. Denis creates chances every time he plays, we need to pair him up with Paco.

Maybe I forgot some matches, but didn't he have 1 good match last season and two good matches this season?

Some posts sounds as if he had played 200 world class matches in Barca's shirt. That "everytime" part.

Joan

I didn't say everytime he plays he's good, but he tries to create. His last match against olympiacos was average at best still he managed to create 2 chaces (which Suarez bottled).
Anyway, my post wasn't about him in the first place but rather Valverde's approach. We are not as good without the ball and we simply can't sit back. You could feel Sevilla's goal in the air in the 2nd half and that's the thing I don't wanna see too often.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Maybe I forgot some matches, but didn't he have 1 good match last season and two good matches this season?

Some posts sounds as if he had played 200 world class matches in Barca's shirt. That "everytime" part.

You have over 3500 posts, only a couple of them make sense and you are still allowed to post here so why not give Denis some more chances too?

Home of Barca Fans