Denis Suarez

BBZ8800

You are just running away from the point you were making, nobody already wants Denis in starting 11, but if needed, Valverde will comfortably place him on the left.
Iniesta/Coutinho/Dembele want to play but there are games where we need to rest them, Paulinho and Gomes already played over them too many times.

I am quite sure that a few posters from the last 2 pages would like to see Denis as a starter in some easier matches.
Because he can bring something to the team, as they claim...

You have at least 3-4 things to combine when making any lineup:
1. any 442 or 433 will need at least one workhorse (433 with Rakitic/Paulinho/Gomes and 442 with 1 or 2 of them)
2. we only have 3 workhorses in our team
3. we have way more light and technical players, so it is quite easier to play more if you are one of 3 workhorses/physical players
4. usually either Iniesta or Coutinho have to play each game, and more or less, that is a position where Denis plays. If you play him, what will you do with them?

Denis could play only in matches against Girona at home and similar.
But even there, we'll play:
Suarez-Messi-Dembele
Coutinho-workhorse-Busi

Now, if you want to play Denis in that match, it means that Iniesta won't play later in the match.
You can't sub Semedo/Roberto and Digne/Alba, as usual.
It is stupid to sub Coutinho or Dembele since they need time.
Messi can't be subbed.
Luis, the same story.
So, even in crappy matches like this, you can sub in Denis ONLY at the expense of Dembele or Coutinho (which is stupid again), or if you are leading 5:0, you can take out a workhorse and play with Coutinho-Denis midfield for the last 20 minutes.

So:
1. Denis can't play in bigger matches
2. he can't play in smaller matches as a starter, as explained above
3. he can get some minutes in the last 20 minutes of smaller matches, but even then it is quite hard to find someone who will be subbed off, usually Coutinho or Dembele

When you sum it all, he won't play too much here anymore.
Especially if you add Alena in this story, who is also a technical player and who will aim for minutes from places in a lineup reserved for technical midfielders.

Imo, Denis is way more likely to be sold than Gomes.
Gomes isn't "safe" either, but Denis has way more similar players infront of him in a pecking order.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

He is a bum but Denis is a bum x2, had his chance million times and was a disaster.

Listen to you... You do know that Gomes has made about 70 appearances for Barcelona and Denis only about 50... And yet Gomes is worse by a mile. Physicality... He’s just a foul merchant.

You really have no clue what you’re talking about.

I am quite sure that a few posters from the last 2 pages would like to see Denis as a starter in some easier matches.

1. any 442 or 433 will need at least one workhorse (433 with Rakitic/Paulinho/Gomes and 442 with 1 or 2 of them)
3. we have way more light and technical players, so it is quite easier to play more if you are one of 3 workhorses/physical players
4. usually either Iniesta or Coutinho have to play each game, and more or less, that is a position where Denis plays. If you play him, what will you do with them?

Suarez-Messi-Dembele
Coutinho-workhorse-Busi

Now, if you want to play Denis in that match, it means that Iniesta won't play later in the match.
Messi can't be subbed.
Luis, the same story.
So, even in crappy matches like this, you can sub in Denis ONLY at the expense of Dembele or Coutinho (which is stupid again), or if you are leading 5:0, you can take out a workhorse and play with Coutinho-Denis midfield for the last 20 minutes.

So:
3. he can get some minutes in the last 20 minutes of smaller matches, but even then it is quite hard to find someone who will be subbed off, usually Coutinho or Dembele

Especially if you add Alena in this story, who is also a technical player and who will aim for minutes from places in a lineup reserved for technical midfielders.

Gomes isn't "safe" either, but Denis has way more similar players infront of him in a pecking order.
I agree that Denis will be sold because he is too similar to Coutinho and Iniesta. Plus Arthur and Aleñá are likely to join too. But those arrivals leave Gomes up shit creek too with Rakitic and Paulinho already ahead of him.

So it’s not as clear cut as you make it regarding Gomes being safer. In my opinion he has no choice but to leave if he wants to play. And I can’t wait. 2 workhorses are enough.

Last edited:

clemente

Listen to you... You do know that Gomes has made about 70 appearances for Barcelona and Denis only about 50... And yet Gomes is worse by a mile. Physicality... He’s just a foul merchant.

You really have no clue what you’re talking about.

Yeah Gomes is worse by a mile, he is a foul merchant, I don't know what I'm talking about, nice arguments, thanks for your input.

Suarez-Messi-Dembele
Coutinho-workhorse-Busi

Messi can't be subbed.
Luis, the same story.

So:

I don't even know why are you talking about 433, EV played that something about 1 or 2 times. We always play 442, and Denis would be there on the left, Busi-Rakitic/Paulinho in the center.
Gomes can play anywhere, he is equally shit in every position so it doesn't even matter what formation we play.

JamDav1982

He will get sold as in end he just isnt good enough for Barca and say that as quite liking him before.

Not because he is good enough but too similar to others.

Iniesta and Coutinho are far better players.

Danic

BBZ why u nerver get the point?!
Ofc he shouldnt be starting eleven. Lets take the las palmas match. Just put Denis in thus formation instead of vidal if u want to rest cou and dembele. Thats all i was refering to.
Or Denis instead of paulinho vs such team that is pretty harmless in attacking.

MessiTHEgoat

physicality my arse, paulinho lost every duel last match, his passing was awfull, everything about his game was a disaster.

i ain't saying denis last perfomances weren't bad, but c'mon, no need to bury him alive like this. it'll kill his confidence.

he's getting the ceballos treatement. subbing him on at the 70th minute won't be bad and give him some mins so we can sell him for a good price in the summer

paulinho is bad, old; & on a long contrat, and he won't be getting any penny, denis can since he's younger, and he was good already with sevilla & villareal.

ASordidGod

Had relatively high hopes for him, but even though he hasn't had that many chances, I've seen enough to say I don't think he'll ever be good enough for first team. As back up I'd much rather have him than Vidal/Paulinho/Gomes though, all of whom I'd sell asap even if it means taking a loss. No point being prideful at the expense of the club. Sell all three and bring in even one quite good option and we're much improved imo.

BBZ8800

[tw]970963079075913733[/tw]

Sounds like BS.
800,000 E for each 10 matches is peanuts.
If Denis were good enough, he would surely play.
He just sucks.

On the other hand, we paid Dembele 150M and he doesn't play.
So, money is "not" a problem, to some extent.
A coach is just picking players who can fit into his plans. And he is having good results for now.

George_Costanza

Sounds like BS.
800,000 E for each 10 matches is peanuts.
If Denis were good enough, he would surely play.
He just sucks.

On the other hand, we paid Dembele 150M and he doesn't play.
So, money is "not" a problem, to some extent.
A coach is just picking players who can fit into his plans. And he is having good results for now.

It's basic cost accounting, the small money being saved here and there in non-core assets do make the difference in year's end balance sheet. I would assume Semedo's treatment is partly related to this as well and this board has the history of doing it beofre.

JamDav1982

It's basic cost accounting, the small money being saved here and there in non-core assets do make the difference in year's end balance sheet. I would assume Semedo's treatment is partly related to this as well and this board has the history of doing it beofre.

Has nothing to do with that and Valverde is clearly picking the side.

Doesnt make any sense to delay a payment on a player if they are good enough to play more.

When have they done this before when trophies at stake? Or at all?

M

MessiCam

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me but 800K per 10 games is significantly more than his wages and I could understand their hesitation due to his inconsistency.

George_Costanza

Has nothing to do with that and Valverde is clearly picking the side.

Doesnt make any sense to delay a payment on a player if they are good enough to play more.

When have they done this before when trophies at stake? Or at all?

What doesn't make sense? Do you have any argument? If not spare us from your usual "doesn't make sense" because you never made any sense at all to begin with.

JamDav1982

What doesn't make sense? Do you have any argument? If not spare us from your usual "doesn't make sense" because you never made any sense at all to begin with.

It doesnt make sense to weaken the team to delay a payment.

When have Barca done this before?

You are the type that love a 'board is picking the team' type conspiracy though.

Home of Barca Fans