Denis Suarez

M

MessiCam

I actually think that Rakitic was the MOTM. Blasphemy I know but he did well as DM.

Denis on the other hand... Not much to say to be honest. Was better when Messi was on the pitch is about the only positive I can find.

Messi983

I actually think that Rakitic was the MOTM. Blasphemy I know but he did well as DM.

Denis on the other hand... Not much to say to be honest. Was better when Messi was on the pitch is about the only positive I can find.

Agree, I was just laughing because you and [MENTION=22475]FCBfan22[/MENTION] posted at the same time and rated Denis's performance totally different.

Sorin

I'm one of the guys who likes Denis and wanted him to get more chances on the left wing but last night he was avarage at best. Too many misplaced passes, often dribbled into no mans land, kept the ball too much when opportunities for counters arose. Did good for the goals with the assists but his overall play was poor.

kilian

I agree. Rakitic was dominant in the centre of the field, tidy with passing and interceptions. MOTM performance.

Denis was average at best.

Nothanks

honestly other than dribbling what does he bring for us??
I honestly can't remember an attempt in throughball from this guy all season.. all he does is try and dribble three people, then short backpass or sidepass to alba

BBZ8800

honestly other than dribbling what does he bring for us??
I honestly can't remember an attempt in throughball from this guy all season.. all he does is try and dribble three people, then short backpass or sidepass to alba

People are blinded by that "but he is trying" thing.
Since Rakitic and others are playing only safe sidepasses or back passes, when they see someone like Denis trying to do something, people see that as an extremely positive thing.

But then, if Denis has 3/10 success rate of tricky passes/dribbles, then he is just killing/wasting way too many actions and we are losing more with his attempts than with safepasses from Rakitic.

People are obssessed with that "he is trying to create" thing.
Even if you are "trying", there are players who will have 1/10 success rate in actions when they are trying to create something.
Others will have 3/10 success rate.
Some will have 5/10 success rate.
Some will have 7/10 success rate.

These numbers are just an example, and don't take them for facts.
But the point is: for Barca's level, it is not enough that a player is ONLY "trying to create" something.
He needs to both" try to do something" and have at least some decent success rate of his attempts.

If a player is just trying and trying and trying, but nothing happens in majority of his actions, what is the point?
Some users will now reply: but then, no one is trying to create anything and we won't do anything...

Well, a player like Rakitic who is playing only safe passes is NOT a solution for Barca.
But neither are players like Denis, who are "brave" and yet they are turnover machines with losing balls over and over all the time.

We will need players who are:
1. willing to risk
2. but plus, who's success rate is not as horrible like for example 3/10 good passes/dribbles

So, Rakitic is horrible in one way.
But players like Denis are also horrible in a totally different vay.

Danic

Horrendous first half.

Honestly, i was dissapointed the last Games as well. But today he played a good first half esspecially compared to the rest of the squad.
Sad thing is, this guy has so much potential but its always like something is holding him back. Sometimes its like hes hiding on the field and afraid to make a mistake. For me its partly Valverdes fault.
Denis made some good games at the beginning of the season and was benched the next game. Thats not a way to build up a player. Especially when there are players who play bad game after game and still start every game....

Raketa10

He is only good when we are playing against significantly weaker team. That’s a fact! Please get rid of him next summer.

BusiTheKing

I only rate him for being mobile and adding a dynamic feature to an otherwise way too static set-up. He's not really a good footballer, but his movement with and without the ball does make it harder to defend against us. I still definitely think he's a better footballer than Paulinho, tho.

Home of Barca Fans