Denis Suarez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will most likely go to Napoli.

Sarri is a big fan of his and tried to sign for the last couple of years.

Sorin

Hopefully, he goes. He deserves better than this.

I mean, you would understand keeping him on the bench if we had the team from 2009-2015, but with this many turds on our field, it's inexcusable. We absolutely crave for some pace on that left wing but what does Valverde do? He fucking plays an out of form out and out striker to cover that flank when he feels like it. To make it worse, Iniesta, who needs protecting more and more as he ages, has to cover a shit load of square meters both in attack and defense while having only Alba/Digne to link up with.

Mind boggling. What a shit.

Galning

Yeah Barça was already open to a move this summer. Can't believe he isn't getting more chances especially with Dembele out and Rakitic/Gomes still performing well below the required level.

M

MessiCam

Hopefully, he goes. He deserves better than this.

I mean, you would understand keeping him on the bench if we had the team from 2009-2015, but with this many turds on our field, it's inexcusable. We absolutely crave for some pace on that left wing but what does Valverde do? He fucking plays an out of form out and out striker to cover that flank when he feels like it. To make it worse, Iniesta, who needs protecting more and more as he ages, has to cover a shit load of square meters both in attack and defense while having only Alba/Digne to link up with.

Mind boggling. What a shit.
This. Suárez and Rakitic are the source of most of the problems as far as I can tell but they’re the ones who play week in week out.

I’m not even advocating that Denis play in midfield because I think he is better as a winger and can linkup up with Messi.

BBZ8800

Not long until he fucks off to City again and we come back to this thread crying about what could've been like we did with Thiago.

Why would we cry for a player who will sit on stands in City?
And why on Earth would City buy him in the first place?

Barto has no desire for additional payments. :bartomeu:

Addons for him are around 1M for each 10 or 20 games (I don't remember it anymore).
So, it is not about money.
Again, if too many coaches in a row don't rate you, there must be a bigger reason for it.

M

MessiCam

Addons for him are around 1M for each 10 or 20 games (I don't remember it anymore).
Again, if too many coaches in a row don't rate you, there must be a bigger reason for it.
Valverde sees him mainly as a wide man and because the other Suárez is priceless, there is no place for him. He gets to play only when Iniesta is rested.

BBZ8800

Valverde sees him mainly as a wide man and because the other Suárez is priceless, there is no place for him. He gets to play only when Iniesta is rested.

For a Lw, he is a nice option from time to time when we need to shake things up.
Not a starter material Lw.

For a midfielder, poor to average option since he is not a classic midfielder at all and he is one of physically weakest players in our team (if a wind is blowing, he will have problems during that match to stay on his feet).

A nice squad player who can help from time to time and play in matches when we need to rest players.
But some posters make it sound as if we have a 80M gem in him and if we'll lose him, our club is dead.

M

MessiCam

For a Lw, he is a nice option from time to time when we need to shake things up.
Not a starter material Lw.

For a midfielder, poor to average option since he is not a classic midfielder at all and he is one of physically weakest players in our team (if a wind is blowing, he will have problems during that match to stay on his feet).

A nice squad player who can help from time to time and play in matches when we need to rest players.
But some posters make it sound as if we have a 80M gem in him and if we'll lose him, our club is dead.
Well I think you’ll find they’re complaining because Iniesta with his old legs is playing too much and at the moment he is a better option upfront with Messi and Deulofeu than Suárez. He’s done well whenever he has had some minutes.

I also think he is a better winger than a midfielder but he is by no means a push over in midfield either.

He’s still very young too. In a 2 years time he could be a star.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Don't think Suarez is leaving. I think he is gaining confidence from his fellow players and they will probably convince him to stay. Already made progress imo compared to last season. If he keeps it up he will get more playing time soon.

khaled_a_d

He’s still very young too. In a 2 years time he could be a star.

He will be 24 early in January, guy is less than 10 months younger than a player like Pogba who seem to have been starter at top level for almost half decade now, Denis is relatively young.
I have my doubts that he would ever be a star, but he has proved me wrong plenty of times.

800K for each 10 games with maximum 8M ,he has already played 32 of those and there is no way he won't at least reach 50 this year. the club is probably paying him more money than whatever we will pay City this year, and I think they would prefer to get outcome from the money we pay him than freezing him over the money we will pay for City
But I kind of disagree with last sentence, Lucho to some extent put some faith in him and wanted him from 2015, but we had too many new young players to fit in last year. EV has been also putting some faith in him, other good coach like Marcilino ,Eusebio and Emery has been putting faith in him to some extent too

M

MessiCam

He will be 24 early in January, guy is less than 10 months younger than a player like Pogba who seem to have been starter at top level for almost half decade now, Denis is relatively young.
I have my doubts that he would ever be a star, but he has proved me wrong plenty of times.

Without trying to draw too many parallels with other players, Iniesta's career didn't really kickoff until he was 22/23 in the 2006/2007 season, Coutinho's became a reliable, consistent player just last year at the age of 24. Sure you'll find younger players doing very well but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Anyway, I thought he was very good last year during Iniesta's injury absence. Not consistently good but there were exceptional moments... He has a knack for picking stunning passes and he links up well with Messi and vice versa whichever position he plays (he played, CM, LM, LW and RW).

That said, in his current guise, I prefer him as a winger. He is a scoring threat and gets decent crosses into the box.

khaled_a_d

Without trying to draw too many parallels with other players, Iniesta's career didn't really kickoff until he was 22/23 in the 2006/2007 season, Coutinho's became a reliable, consistent player just last year at the age of 24. Sure you'll find younger players doing very well but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Anyway, I thought he was very good last year during Iniesta's injury absence. Not consistently good but there were exceptional moments... He has a knack for picking stunning passes and he links up well with Messi and vice versa whichever position he plays (he played, CM, LM, LW and RW).

That said, in his current guise, I prefer him as a winger. He is a scoring threat and gets decent crosses into the box.

Iniesta is 10 years older than him , at 07/08 season he was far better than Denis now, would say that Coutinho who is 19 months older was doing better same age, that said this wasn't my point.
When you say a player is very young, you would expect he is 19 or something,not 23 going 24. at this age he is close to enter the middle of his career and he should start okaying more consistent etc soon. Not denying he still has a room to improve or becoming a star-but the term really young is really inaccurate here. right now the only player that fit in that description in our squad is Dembele

Home of Barca Fans