Denis Suarez

Saladin

I wouldn't sign De Jong this summer. Not that I don't like him, but would prefer to secure him. Simply won't develop here, won't get enough minutes. I also don't think we need another midfielder. Busquets, Rakitić, Coutinho, Arthur, Vidal, Alena, Rafinha... that's enough really.

However, I'm not sure about 2 things.

(1) LB option, Miranda shouldn't be promoted. He needs to play, ruining a talent like that would be stupid. (2) CF backup.

I get your point, but if pre-season is anything to go by, Miranda is the stronger candidate of the two (him and Cucu) even though he is 2 years younger; it is a conundrum though, since he will not be playing regularly which is really what he needs in order to develop further - Maybe Cucurella would be the better choice as a backup for Alba, even though Miranda clearly has a higher ceiling, in order to secure Miranda a lot of minutes throughout the season.

I hope Valverde and the staff figures out the best solution for the LB backup position. I just personally rate 15-20 games (CdR and La Liga matches against lower table teams) for the first team as perhaps better for Mirandas development, than playing 40 games in the third division. Tough one to call.

As for backup CF, Munir should suffice. He has developed immensely since we sent him out on loan (especially the last spell at Alaves) but with Barca, a classic centre-forward has never been the only option for our most forward striker. With offensive players as Malcom, Dembélé and of course Leo on deck, we could definitely play without a static CF even in big games while maintaining a good offensive balance/width.

Joan

I get your point, but if pre-season is anything to go by, Miranda is the stronger candidate of the two (him and Cucu) even though he is 2 years younger; it is a conundrum though, since he will not be playing regularly which is really what he needs in order to develop further - Maybe Cucurella would be the better choice as a backup for Alba, even though Miranda clearly has a higher ceiling, in order to secure Miranda a lot of minutes throughout the season.

I hope Valverde and the staff figures out the best solution for the LB backup position. I just personally rate 15-20 games (CdR and La Liga matches against lower table teams) for the first team as perhaps better for Mirandas development, than playing 40 games in the third division. Tough one to call.

As for backup CF, Munir should suffice. He has developed immensely since we sent him out on loan (especially the last spell at Alaves) but with Barca, a classic centre-forward has never been the only option for our most forward striker. With offensive players as Malcom, Dembélé and of course Leo on deck, we could definitely play without a static CF even in big games while maintaining a good offensive balance/width.

Regarding Miranda, since I agree with the rest, I believe it's better for him to play week in week out. Possibly training with the first team once in a while. Still has a lot to learn and I think a season under Pimienta might be a good choice for him. Will be one of the best players on the team so it's a special task. There was a similar discussion last season about Alena, whether he should be promoted or not. Albeit he impressed in the preseason (me, at least) I still believe we did the right thing and let him play in Segunda.

Cucurella might not be a better player, but I believe it's better for Miranda's future. It's questionable how many matched he'd get to play. Not much, I suppose.

Yugi

Now its time to sell Denis....I hope some Italian or German team offers something for him, he clearly didnt develop as expected and another year of benchwarming is not useful for him, I hope he gets that too

Porque

Let's not forget that Denis had a really successful time at Villarreal. It should be quite easy to find a loan for him at a good La Liga side (ahem, Betis). He even earned a Spain cap back then.

Of course he has to agree to it, although personally I think he is good to keep for squad depth while Arthur adapts, Rafinha tries to stay uninjured and Alena returns from injury. If he's completely isolated by January, then loan him then.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We should Samper and Alena on loan. One is not good enough and other needs minutes. If we send Denis also then we will be short in midfielders.

Joan

We should Samper and Alena on loan. One is not good enough and other needs minutes. If we send Denis also then we will be short in midfielders.

I'd rather offload Samper, Denis and possibly Rafinha to give Alena minutes with the team.

EdmondDantes

I think Denis did well enough at the end of last season to earn another chance. But we do have an inflated squad still, Samper, Paco and Marlon are still to leave.

FCB1987

Banned
I really wanted Denis to make it here but it's probably best that he leaves permanently or on loan. He barely played last season and there's much more competition this year

Raketa10

It seams Rafinha is staying so we should really sell him ASAP. He will just waste minutes which should be given to Alena.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So we're trying actively to sell or loan Rafinha, but are content with Denis staying, never getting in the match squad, but taking a squad spot?

I don't really understand it considering Rafinha is the much superior player.

Home of Barca Fans