Denis Suarez

Messi983

He's not coming for dirt cheap. He's just been on a very expensive loan basically. We offloaded him as part of the Raki deal, we have paid his wages and now we buy him back. He will earn more than at Sevilla and Villarreal but we shouldnt go overboard. We struggle immensely to sell our players already.

Of course he is. 3M are not much in todays world for a club like Barça.

His loan to Sevilla was basically seen as 7M transfer (Sevilla rated Rakitic at 25M and we only pay 18M for him so Denis was difference between that). Sevilla could buy him for 6M after loan expired and we had 9M buyback. So again, if we do some math, we could buy him back for basically 3M net (which we would last summer if not for transfer ban), the same amount we can buy him now from Villarreal, who paid around 4M last season to Sevilla, if I remember correctly.

About wages: if I remember correctly we only pay half of his wages during his loan at Sevilla and we didn't pay anything last season because Villarreal bought him and he was 100% their player.

Jombi

Of course he is. 3M are not much in todays world for a club like Barça.

His loan to Sevilla was basically seen as 7M transfer (Sevilla rated Rakitic at 25M and we only pay 18M for him so Denis was difference between that). Sevilla could buy him for 6M after loan expired and we had 9M buyback. So again, if we do some math, we could buy him back for basically 3M net (which we would last summer if not for transfer ban), the same amount we can buy him now from Villarreal, who paid around 4M last season to Sevilla, if I remember correctly.

About wages: if I remember correctly we only pay half of his wages during his loan at Sevilla and we didn't pay anything last season because Villarreal bought him and he was 100% their player.

Its just a fancy loan, man. He's not cheap. Just a loan we had to pay for.

khaled_a_d

Its just a fancy loan, man. He's not cheap. Just a loan we had to pay for.

As [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] pointe out,we really didn't pay for the loan.it is mainly paid as a part of Rakitic deal.the money we paid went to Sevilla through Villarreal so they basically sold Rakitic for 21M + 1 year loan of Denis.

Jombi

As [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] pointe out,we really didn't pay for the loan.it is mainly paid as a part of Rakitic deal.the money we paid went to Sevilla through Villarreal so they basically sold Rakitic for 21M + 1 year loan of Denis.

We paid for the loan through the Raki deal.

Nucky

Semantics. The point is that it is just an expensive loan. Not some great bargain for 3m. We pay for that loan by paying the wages and buying him back now.

He is 22, has at least 10 seasons left.. So if you consider this, its a bargain..

Adversus

We paid/are paying 6m for Suarez to be loaned out for 2 seasons to Sevilla and Villarreal. Thats what it boils down to really.
Look at it another way. All those players that have been sold with buybacks you have got money for. I would guess the money you get for them will offset what you need to pay to take one or even two back and realistically that's about how many if lucky will be Barca quality.

Home of Barca Fans