Denis Suarez

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It would be for the best to go for Nolito instead of Denis.... He needs a regular playing-time to realize his potential! And he ain't gonna get it here, not for another two seasons!

BBZ8800

His direct competitors are Iniesta, Turan, Roberto, Rafinha, and Halilovic if he comes next summer, and all of those players can operate on that side of our midfield.

Halilovic is NOT a midfielder.
He CAN play as a midfielder, but also Busi CAN play as a CB, but he is not too good there.
Halilovic is a pure winger.

So, our midfielders are Iniesta, Rakitic, Roberto, Rafinha and Turan.
And his current "competitors".

Aka, Suarez is a Amc who can play as a CM, but he can also cover wings in extreme cases.
Halilovic is a natural winger, who can (in some, especially weaker teams and in some situations) play as a midfielder.
But he is far from a natural midfielder.
Busi is a Cdm, but he can play as a Cb and Mc, if needed. But he is miles behind his Cdm's quality.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Considering he's a de facto Barça player, I'd be shocked as well.

I deleted the post. I'm listening to the podcast now and they either have the club or the player wrong. They report says a Denis Suarez of Fiorentina, but no Denis Suarez plays for the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I deleted the post. I'm listening to the podcast now and they either have the club or the player wrong. They report says a Denis Suarez of Fiorentina, but no Denis Suarez plays for the club.

They probably mean Mario Suarez.

To be fair it's still shocking someone is willing to pay 8m + a player for him. All he's good for is being a henchman.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let him stay there. He is playing regularly in a good team.
What we need is an experienced striker willing to bid his time on the bench.
Not a youngster who needs play time to develop.

God Serena

What we also need is depth and he would bring just that. Capable of playing on our wing and in our midfield, Denis would be a nice shot in the arm for our roster. Having Arda and Vidal gives us a good boost of depth but we still have 5 or so players on our bench who would not provide much when the situation grew dire. I'm not one of those who desires to see Suarez develop, though, as I don't see him improving enough to have any future here in the first place. The quality he has now is good enough to be a Barca sub (At least given the quality of our usual subs) imo and if he can come, I'll gladly take him.

BBZ8800

What we also need is depth and he would bring just that. Capable of playing on our wing and in our midfield, Denis would be a nice shot in the arm for our roster. Having Arda and Vidal gives us a good boost of depth but we still have 5 or so players on our bench who would not provide much when the situation grew dire. I'm not one of those who desires to see Suarez develop, though, as I don't see him improving enough to have any future here in the first place. The quality he has now is good enough to be a Barca sub (At least given the quality of our usual subs) imo and if he can come, I'll gladly take him.

Even in the next Season, I don't see too much room for him.
2 Cm spots for: Iniesta, Rakitic, Arda, Roberto, Rafinha.

Even Iniesta, Rakitic and Arda are already "too much" when all 3 are fit and someone will get angry out of those three.
Considering that Rafinha will surely stay, and the same can be said for "in form" Roberto, even with zero signings next season, we will have problems to keep everyone happy.

Arda and Rakitic have few more years infront of them, and I don't think that Don will retire that soon either.
We could actually lose Roberto/Rafinha or at least slow their development in the next 1-2 seasons.

Samper and Suarez? Currently there is almost no room for them...

Jombi

Even in the next Season, I don't see too much room for him.
2 Cm spots for: Iniesta, Rakitic, Arda, Roberto, Rafinha.

Even Iniesta, Rakitic and Arda are already "too much" when all 3 are fit and someone will get angry out of those three.
Considering that Rafinha will surely stay, and the same can be said for "in form" Roberto, even with zero signings next season, we will have problems to keep everyone happy.

Arda and Rakitic have few more years infront of them, and I don't think that Don will retire that soon either.
We could actually lose Roberto/Rafinha or at least slow their development in the next 1-2 seasons.

Samper and Suarez? Currently there is almost no room for them...

Keep in mind the versatility of Arda, Roberto and Rafa though. And at the age Iniesta is, Pep Guardiola was already down the path of steep decline and had already played a year in Brescia and was about to go to Qatar. The clear decline of players at the age Iniesta is now is very long: Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, Tevez, Van Persie, Casillas, Robben, Rooney, Arteta, Kaka, Forlan etc etc etc. The list just goes on and on. The norm is simply that past 32, players tend to just sail into the sunset. I am not saying that Iniesta for sure will play return to Albacete next season, though. But we shouldnt have any illusions either.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans