Denis Suarez

M

MessiCam

Denis and Coutinho play on the left side of midfield and can cover in the wing positions too. Aleñá plays on the right. Arthur plays both sides.

Denis over Gomes all day long.

khaled_a_d

Denis shouldn't be here at July first, he is neither good enough nor he he will develop here. 2 years are enough for him on bench, no need to destroy his career completely
Alena is AM, it is true that he prefers to be on right side but he is still an indirect replacement of Coutinho. if it is 433 he can be RCM while Raki as LCM. If 442 he can move to RCM and move Dembele or who ever starting to left

M

MessiCam

Denis shouldn't be here at July first, he is neither good enough nor he he will develop here. 2 years are enough for him on bench, no need to destroy his career completely
Alena is AM, it is true that he prefers to be on right side but he is still an indirect replacement of Coutinho. if it is 433 he can be RCM while Raki as LCM. If 442 he can move to RCM and move Dembele or who ever starting to left
Since when is Aleñá an AM? He has played as RCM basically all his life.

And why would you need to move Dembélé to the left in a 4-4-2 if Aleñá plays RCM. Dembélé plays wide and not in the centre.

And why should Denis leave if Iniesta leaves? Gomes is a far worse player... He should be sent packing.

khaled_a_d

Since when is Aleñá an AM? He has played as RCM basically all his life.

Since he started playing football, you can call it RCM as he shift to the right, but he also never was a CM, he was always an attacking midfielder (borderline attacker) and not a CM.
Sort of Iniesta (despite being totally different player), some would call him AM,some would call him LCM or just CM etc.

And why would you need to move Dembélé to the left in a 4-4-2 if Aleñá plays RCM. Dembélé plays wide and not in the centre.

Eh, he will be playing wide and Alena more central, so like last game, Dembele will keep being wide player while Alena plays Iniesta role on the right side

And why should Denis leave if Iniesta leaves?

Because
1-He is an awful player by our standards
2-coach doesn't trust him, and has been put in his doghouse
3-He can have a decent career outside Barca, he is probably talking to other clubs by now.

Gomes is a far worse player... He should be sent packing.

Why bring Gomes? He is totally different player and he should be leaving too anyway. And I think being a worse player is actually debatable. Denis is that bad

Horatio

You're welcome
Gomes might be more valuable than Denis Suarez. Denis Suarez is a twig and can't defend for the life of him. Gomes at least has the decoy fouls.

M

MessiCam

Since he started playing football, you can call it RCM as he shift to the right, but he also never was a CM, he was always an attacking midfielder (borderline attacker) and not a CM.
Sort of Iniesta (despite being totally different player), some would call him AM,some would call him LCM or just CM etc.
Wow. Iniesta is a CM too. Ozil and Isco are AM as an example. They’re very different players.

Eh, he will be playing wide and Alena more central, so like last game, Dembele will keep being wide player while Alena plays Iniesta role on the right side
You said if Aleñá plays RCM then Dembélé must move to the left in a 4-4-2. You’re confusing RM with RCM. 2 different positions and roles.

Because
1-He is an awful player by our standards
2-coach doesn't trust him, and has been put in his doghouse
3-He can have a decent career outside Barca, he is probably talking to other clubs by now.

Why bring Gomes? He is totally different player and he should be leaving too anyway. And I think being a worse player is actually debatable. Denis is that bad
Yeah, let’s sell everybody while bringing in only Arthur...

And yes, Gomes is worse... He loses the ball just as often, less skilful, offers less in attack. The only thing he has going for him are his tackles.

Gomes might be more valuable than Denis Suarez. Denis Suarez is a twig and can't defend for the life of him. Gomes at least has the decoy fouls.

Did you see how Zappacosta just bumped Gomes off the ball in the Chelsea game? He might have physical presence but he is lighter in the pants that even Denis.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Messicam, no.
Denis is not stronger than Gomes.

I have literally seen players running trough Denis a few times.
That is why call him a ghost.

You can seriously run through him how physically weak he is.

khaled_a_d

Wow. Iniesta is a CM too. Ozil and Isco are AM as an example. They’re very different players.

You said if Aleñá plays RCM then Dembélé must move to the left in a 4-4-2. You’re confusing RM with RCM. 2 different positions and roles.

If you want to stick to your rigid definition, you won't have answers or discussion for that matter, Iniesta is called AM by many for a decade and half, other call him CM. I explained what I meant. ANd no, I am not confused, but we are playing with RCM& LCM more than LM & RM for that matters, only Dembele/Vidal play as RM when we are truly still playing 442, but you surely don't agree with that

Yeah, let’s sell everybody while bringing in only Arthur...

And yes, Gomes is worse... He loses the ball just as often, less skilful, offers less in attack. The only thing he has going for him are his tackles.

Gomes is having more trust from 2 FC Barcelona coaches, which at the end what it matters. Denis won't stay here because he is fan favorite (and he isn't even fan favorite) or because he is just better than Gomes. Both probably are on their way out.
If Alena is promoted, alongside Busquets/Rakitic/Coutinho/Paulinho and Arthur then Denis is very unlikely to get playing minutes, if we go back to 433 as everyone hopes he will probably get zero minutes. Specially with the club still following the likes Fabián Ruiz and Jong, although this might be Roberto's and he is leaving.

M

MessiCam

Messicam, no.
Denis is not stronger than Gomes.

I have literally seen players running trough Denis a few times.
That is why call him a ghost.

You can seriously run through him how physically weak he is.
That might be the case but Gomes with all his physical presence still loses more duels than “The Ghost”. Denis at least has the technical skill to win some duels.

Denis is also muuuuuuuuch better in an attacking sense. Gomes just tackles better.

It was the same last season... Why Gomes gets the chances he does is honestly beyond me.

M

MessiCam

If you want to stick to your rigid definition, you won't have answers or discussion for that matter, Iniesta is called AM by many for a decade and half, other call him CM. I explained what I meant. ANd no, I am not confused, but we are playing with RCM& LCM more than LM & RM for that matters, only Dembele/Vidal play as RM when we are truly still playing 442, but you surely don't agree with that
And no Iniesta is not playing as a LCM. He is playing as a LM. He is too wide to playing as a CM. In a 4-4-2 the pivots are the RCM and LCM’s...

Now I want you show me one professional who calls Iniesta an attacking midfielder as opposed to a central midfielder? He may be the more attacking of a 3 man central midfield but he is not an AM. Don’t convolute things to suit an agenda.

Gomes is having more trust from 2 FC Barcelona coaches, which at the end what it matters. Denis won't stay here because he is fan favorite (and he isn't even fan favorite) or because he is just better than Gomes. Both probably are on their way out.
If Alena is promoted, alongside Busquets/Rakitic/Coutinho/Paulinho and Arthur then Denis is very unlikely to get playing minutes, if we go back to 433 as everyone hopes he will probably get zero minutes. Specially with the club still following the likes Fabián Ruiz and Jong, although this might be Roberto's and he is leaving.
Gomes can have all the trust in the world based on training ground exercises but if it doesn’t translate onto the pitch it’s useless.

Home of Barca Fans