Denis Suarez

M

MessiCam

Please, write one lineup where Denis plays and where you have available Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho, Iniesta.

Denis is among technical players and he is last on a pecking order.
We have only 3 somewhat physical guys.
Of course that a 3rd pick among physical guys will play more than a 6th pick among technical players.

Denis is offering the same set of skills as guys on his "group", except that he is the weakest player among all of them.

Again, you miss the point entirely. Denis was banished long before Coutinho even showed up but Gomes and Paulinho get a free ride into basically every squad despite stinking up the place like none before.

Watch, Gomes will start over both Coutinho and Dembélé tomorrow and they will only be used if the team needs a goal. I can’t deal with that type of mentality and it’s exactly what happened to Denis.

clemente

Are you kidding me comparing Denis to Coutinho, Coutinho already has at least 3 performances that are better than Denis best performance for as long has he been at this club.

Again, you miss the point entirely. Denis was banished long before Coutinho even showed up but Gomes and Paulinho get a free ride into basically every squad despite stinking up the place like none before.

Paulinho has at least 8 goals for us already, has been useful in many matches, he is a starter for one of the most stacked Brazil NT ever while Denis doesn't even make NT, and even sits on the bench for U21, Paulinho definitely deserves more chances than Denis. And I don't even know what you're talking about Gomes, don't remember last time I've seen him play, especially for 90min.

Watch, Gomes will start over both Coutinho and Dembélé tomorrow and they will only be used if the team needs a goal. I can’t deal with that type of mentality and it’s exactly what happened to Denis.

And if Gomes starts thats because Atletico are a team of bodybuilders, it fits his style, once again Gomes has something to offer while Denis absolutely nothing. The only thing Denis is supposed to be offering is his dribbling and passing but his dribbling is useless, looks impressive but has 10% success rate against 3rd league teams, his passing is horibble, I cannot believe a barca prospect has passing this bad.

Keep in mind I think neither Gomes or Paulinho should be anywhere close a team like barcelona, not even talking about starting for them, but Denis is definitely behind them.

Danic

Depends. If i had to choose vs weaker teams i prefer Denis. At least he can have some genius moments. And, most of the last games he played the team was more like a B team with no real chemistry.
I agree that he definitly has to improve from a physical point and sadly i cant really see him improving there...

BBZ8800

Depends. If i had to choose vs weaker teams i prefer Denis. At least he can have some genius moments. And, most of the last games he played the team was more like a B team with no real chemistry.
I agree that he definitly has to improve from a physical point and sadly i cant really see him improving there...

Please, write a line up with Denis included.
Let's say for a match against Las Palmas.

clemente

Please, write a line up with Denis included.
Let's say for a match against Las Palmas.

Valverde played 4-4-2 almost every game, and Denis literally always played LM and its his best position, I can give you 10 lineups with him in it.

M

MessiCam

Paulinho has at least 8 goals for us already, has been useful in many matches, he is a starter for one of the most stacked Brazil NT ever while Denis doesn't even make NT, and even sits on the bench for U21, Paulinho definitely deserves more chances than Denis. And I don't even know what you're talking about Gomes, don't remember last time I've seen him play, especially for 90min.
I had no problem with Paulinho playing when he was actually good but he has been epically shit for a while and still makes the squads. Even as a starter.
And if Gomes starts thats because Atletico are a team of bodybuilders, it fits his style, once again Gomes has something to offer while Denis absolutely nothing. The only thing Denis is supposed to be offering is his dribbling and passing but his dribbling is useless, looks impressive but has 10% success rate against 3rd league teams, his passing is horibble, I cannot believe a barca prospect has passing this bad.
Lol. What games have you been watching? Gomes uses his physicality for absolutely nothing. He wins less duels than even Denis and is a worse passer. What the fuck are you talking about?

Further, I was comparing Gomes starting over Coutinho and Dembélé. Know why? Because Denis is not in the squad.

clemente

Lol. What games have you been watching? Gomes uses his physicality for absolutely nothing. He wins less duels than even Denis and is a worse passer. What the fuck are you talking about?
Just checked Squawka players stats and Denis doesn't have more duels won than Gomes, and somehow Gomes even has higher pass success rate.
And yes he uses his physicality, that's the only thing he has and he literally uses all the time, I don't even know what you're talking about.

M

MessiCam

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Lmao there is more than just La Liga comparison, and the fact that you used another stats like "Assists" to make Denis look better is laughable.

They’re midfielders. Attacking contribution is important... but live in your fantasy world.

And the reason I didn’t include the Champions League stats is because Valverde played Denis as RCM in the game they both started against sporting with Gomes getting the LCM spot.

BBZ8800

Valverde played 4-4-2 almost every game, and Denis literally always played LM and its his best position, I can give you 10 lineups with him in it.

The trick is: now you have Iniesta, Coutinho and Dembele.

Make a lineup with Denis with at least 2 out of those 3 (Iniesta, Coutinho, Dembele) on a field.
The point is: Coutinho, Dembele and Iniesta all want to play.
Usually only 2 of them are on a field in the same time.
If you add Denis, who is a similar player like them, then 2 out of Iniesta/Coutinho/Dembele will get benched.

People are angry already when Coutinho and Dembele don't play.
If you play Denis, those 2 will get even less minutes.

After all of this written above, try to make a line up for Barca vs Las Palmas with Denis in a team, and try to put 2 out of Iniesta/Coutinho/Dembele in a lineup also.
Oh, and try to make that lineup at least somewhat balanced.

clemente

They’re midfielders. Attacking contribution is important... but live in your fantasy world.

And the reason I didn’t include the Champions League stats is because Valverde played Denis as RCM in the game they both started against sporting with Gomes getting the LCM spot.

Lmao we are talking about duels won and that Gomes is way more physical than Denis and you are trying to nitpick and shove attack contribution to my face, gtfo.

The trick is: now you have Iniesta, Coutinho and Dembele.

Make a lineup with Denis with at least 2 out of those 3 (Iniesta, Coutinho, Dembele) on a field.
The point is: Coutinho, Dembele and Iniesta all want to play.
Usually only 2 of them are on a field in the same time.
If you add Denis, who is a similar player like them, then 2 out of Iniesta/Coutinho/Dembele will get benched.

People are angry already when Coutinho and Dembele don't play.
If you play Denis, those 2 will get even less minutes.

After all of this written above, try to make a line up for Barca vs Las Palmas with Denis in a team, and try to put 2 out of Iniesta/Coutinho/Dembele in a lineup also.
Oh, and try to make that lineup at least somewhat balanced.

You are just running away from the point you were making, nobody already wants Denis in starting 11, but if needed, Valverde will comfortably place him on the left.
Iniesta/Coutinho/Dembele want to play but there are games where we need to rest them, Paulinho and Gomes already played over them too many times.

M

MessiCam

Lmao we are talking about duels won and that Gomes is way more physical than Denis and you are trying to nitpick and shove attack contribution to my face, gtfo.
And I’ve shown you that he wins less duels even with his magnificent physicality. He’s a bum and always has been.

Home of Barca Fans