Denis Suarez

BarçaBarça

Gave absolutely no reasons to start him again for Barca - what a complete disaster-show.
Could have bagged the game with a one-on-one with the goalkeeper frozen 2 meters from goal, but chose not to, really disappointing.

BBZ8800

Shame, I always liked him. Disappointed he can't stay consistent

Last season out of 30 matches, he played well in 3-4 matches.
This season, out of 10 matches, he played well in 2-3.

To be classed as inconsistent, a player would need to play hot and cold, like 10 good matches and 10 bad matches out of 20 matches in total.
This guy is not inconsistent.

He is just bad/average in 25 out of 30 matches with occasional sparks of brilliance.

He has a nice technical skills, but obviously sucks in 10s of other areas like: Iq, defending, physical skills, too attacking for a midfielder, lacking key skills for a winger etc.
I really have nothing personal against this guy, but from the day1 (and even before he came), he never seemed that he posses a set of skills to make it at Barca.

I will be surprised if he will ever be a starter for any Top4 team in 5 biggest leagues.
He is a starter for Uefa cup level of teams, placed 5th to 8th place.

This is not hating of a player, that is just a realistic view on his abilities after 2 seasons and 40-ish matches played for Barca.

Xaviniesta

Last season out of 30 matches, he played well in 3-4 matches.
This season, out of 10 matches, he played well in 2-3.

To be classed as inconsistent, a player would need to play hot and cold, like 10 good matches and 10 bad matches out of 20 matches in total.
This guy is not inconsistent.

He is just bad/average in 25 out of 30 matches with occasional sparks of brilliance.

He has a nice technical skills, but obviously sucks in 10s of other areas like: Iq, defending, physical skills, too attacking for a midfielder, lacking key skills for a winger etc.
I really have nothing personal against this guy, but from the day1 (and even before he came), he never seemed that he posses a set of skills to make it at Barca.

I will be surprised if he will ever be a starter for any Top4 team in 5 biggest leagues.
He is a starter for Uefa cup level of teams, placed 5th to 8th place.

This is not hating of a player, that is just a realistic view on his abilities after 2 seasons and 40-ish matches played for Barca.

I guess you win this battle. Fair play

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We are playing 4-4-2 so he is useful as backup LW. Would prefer him to stay instead of Gomes anyway.

Catta

Such a disappointment, had such high hopes for him this season. He should be sold alongside with other deadwood.

M

MessiCam

I don't know what game you guys were watching but he, like the rest of the team, had an "ok" game. He had the highest passing accuracy along with Semedo, more passes than anybody bar Busquets and Gomes, same amount of key passes as Semedo... His defensive ability and lack of strength lets him down though.

Danic

I don't know what game you guys were watching but he, like the rest of the team, had an "ok" game. He had the highest passing accuracy along with Semedo, more passes than anybody bar Busquets and Gomes, same amount of key passes as Semedo... His defensive ability and lack of strength lets him down though.

Exactly my thoughts. When someone played terrible it was Vidal. Every other player was at least "ok". Dont get the hate here. He made a few bad Games before but yesterday was solid.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If someone should go it's Gomes. Denis is on much lower wages and is more versatile. He's a backup anyway so let's not set the bar too high.

I admit, I expected more from him playing in that wide position but I still feel he is capable of more as he showed while playing for Villarreal.

M

MessiCam

Exactly my thoughts. When someone played terrible it was Vidal. Every other player was at least "ok". Dont get the hate here. He made a few bad Games before but yesterday was solid.

I think Vidal and Paulinho were the worst performers but I don’t see how Gomes gets praised for his performance while Denis gets lambasted.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, he is 24 now. Not a kid or talent anymore.

He's not useful as a midfielder, but can be as a winger. However you have to ask yourself the question if selling him for 30m+ and promoting Arnaiz would be a better option. Can use Coutinho as a LW and RW too in case we need to.

Cash in on Denis, promote Arnaiz and sign a different profile of a midfielder. Sell Gomes too while we're at it and promote Alenya.

Napoli have wanted to sign him for a year now.

We have AMs in Coutinho, Iniesta and possibly Alenya. A different profile in Paulinho and Rakitic. How about a controller or someone with a talent to fill such a position?

Doesn't look like Roberto will play in the midfield so not counting him. Rakitic can fill in at CDM for now too, in fact he's far better than his other position.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans