Denis Suarez

M

MessiCam

If he doesn’t play soon we’ll have another Thiago situation on our hands. This guy can play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like Denis more as a winger as he played at Man City, Barca B and Sevilla, but he still deserves a chance in the midfield over Rakitic, Gomes right now.

It's pathetic how he can have some decent games and actually show some connection with Messi, but the next few games he's benched while Gomes and Rakitic are allowed to stink all over the place.

Messi983

Don't know why so much complaining about him not getting enough minutes. In the last 4 Liga games he played full 90 minutes against Eibar and Las Palmas, he'll surely play in Copa match next week and possibly also get some minutes against Malaga, maybe even start there.

Joan

If hes played, should be full match. Its stupid to pay huge amounts of money for him to have his 10 (glorious) minutes.
Hence, I u understand why he wasnt chosen as a sub. Also, Gomes started against Atletico. This could boost his confidence.
Valverde probably wanted Iniesta to find form after the injury and Paulinho to finally play a whole match. So, I see why he didnt start Denis. He might against Malaga. Nothing to worry about.

Messi983

Agree, people are usually upset that fringe/squad players like Denis don't play in games they think they should play. But EV is looking forward and planning his lineups for a few games ahead as much as that's possible.

BusiTheKing

I think people are upset because Denis is definitively one of the best 11 players in our squad right now. More importantly he's one of the only players that make Messi better.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah. Rakitic and Gomes are obviously better. Just like a broken Adriano was better than Grimaldo :lol:

Nothanks

He in no way shape or form deserves to play over Iniesta let alone in the midfield

denis hasn't thrived in the midfield, he thrived when he played LM in a 4-4-2 with messi and suarez up top

Truthist

He in no way shape or form deserves to play over Iniesta let alone in the midfield

denis hasn't thrived in the midfield, he thrived when he played LM in a 4-4-2 with messi and suarez up top

How many chances did he get in midfield? How many minutes and consecutive games did he play?

I prefer Denis on the left but he's technically a very sound footballer and if given a decent chance can play in most positions.

Truthist

He's quiet now but most aspiring footballers can only take so much. Eventually, when he keeps seeing the same players given chance after chance and barely performing and him not getting much game time despite showing promise it will dawn on him he is fighting a losing battle against the politics that are sinking this club and he will leave.

Home of Barca Fans