Youri Tielemans

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You misunderstood. When the hype starts to reach epic proportions by media outlets, typical of the Freddy Adu or Haruna Babangida level, he will probably get a couple of NT appearances just by popular demand. I do think he will be forgotten in 5 years though, just as nobody remembers the new Pele we had in 15 year old Babangida.
Why are you so sure?

L

Learo

Why are you so sure?

Well, I said I think that he will be like 99% of the other teenagers who rely on their pace, strength, size compared to their peers. Some people just are more developed at an earlier age than others, but lose that advantage as their peers catch up by the time they reach 20. We have seen this movie time and time again.

slicknick

^Moreover, as someone living in Belgium & following Belgian football, I believe what you said COULD be true, if he had advantages on his peers in terms of sheer speed, strength, or even technique. But as someone who has seen him play before,for someone who turned 16 2.5 months ago, his passing, positioning and awareness is exemplary for his age, not to mention his natural calmness...
Not saying he WILL be huge, but there is more chance of him succeeding than not

Moose

Well, I said I think that he will be like 99% of the other teenagers who rely on their pace, strength, size compared to their peers. Some people just are more developed at an earlier age than others, but lose that advantage as their peers catch up by the time they reach 20. We have seen this movie time and time again.

You'd have a point if he'd be playing against his peers. Fact is that he's playing against full grown men at the highest level of his domestic league, and still standing out. And it were rather his positioning, decision-making and technical abilities that caught the eye.

L

Learo

You'd have a point if he'd be playing against his peers. Fact is that he's playing against full grown men at the highest level of his domestic league, and still standing out. And it were rather his positioning, decision-making and technical abilities that caught the eye.

But he wouldnt have been playing at that level if it were not for his physical abilities. I'm sure there are dozens or hundreds with similar technical abilites at that age in Belgium but they dont play at that level yet because of their physique.

Freddy Adu and Haruna Babangida played at a similar level as 14-15 year olds. Babangida was supposed to be the new Pele and Figo in one player when he made his debut for us at the age of 15 in a friendly. Now he cant cut it in the second division in Austria.

Hellsangel

But he wouldnt have been playing at that level if it were not for his physical abilities. I'm sure there are dozens or hundreds with similar technical abilites at that age in Belgium but they dont play at that level yet because of their physique.

Freddy Adu and Haruna Babangida played at a similar level as 14-15 year olds. Babangida was supposed to be the new Pele and Figo in one player when he made his debut for us at the age of 15 in a friendly. Now he cant cut it in the second division in Austria.

You couldn't be more wrong. Just watch the video please. I can't believe you actually have. If you have, well, then the discussion for me ends here because I don't feel like talking to a blind horse or a troll who keeps on repeating a moot point. That's a waste of time..

He doesn't rely on physical attributes, like f.e. Romelu Lukaku, what so ever. If you would have given your arguments for Lukaku back when he debutised at 16, they would have been somewhat founded (but still wrong at the end). Jean Kindermans, youth-coordinator, -inspirator and -conaisseur of RSCA who happen to have one of the best youth-setups in western europe, already said that football-technical wise, Tielemans can't be taught anything anymore. He can, however, still improve on speed of execution and, here comes the kicker, his physical attributes. It's impossible to predict how high he can go but I can tell you one thing: succeeding at the highest level in Belgium won't be a problem. Why? Because he already showed on Sunday he can do so.

slicknick

You couldn't be more wrong. Just watch the video please. I can't believe you actually have. If you have, well, then the discussion for me ends here because I don't feel like talking to a blind horse or a troll who keeps on repeating a moot point. That's a waste of time..

He doesn't rely on physical attributes, like f.e. Romelu Lukaku, what so ever. If you would have given your arguments for Lukaku back when he debutised at 16, they would have been somewhat founded (but still wrong at the end). Jean Kindermans, youth-coordinator, -inspirator and -conaisseur of RSCA who happen to have one of the best youth-setups in western europe, already said that football-technical wise, Tielemans can't be taught anything anymore. He can, however, still improve on speed of execution and, here comes the kicker, his physical attributes. It's impossible to predict how high he can go but I can tell you one thing: succeeding at the highest level in Belgium won't be a problem. Why? Because he already showed on Sunday he can do so.

+1 buddy...Of course, time will tell if we will see yet another Patrick Vieira, but there is more likelihood that he will succeed, especially since all the coaches that know him seem to say that he is an incredibly, calm, disciplined and hard-working kid....Well, let's all wait and see really

j0rdii

I do agree with you that Belgium have a spectacular NT at the moment, but this chap will be forgotten by international fans by that time. He might get a couple of appearances for the NT in the meantime when the hype is reaching epic proportions, but my bet is that he will slug it out in the Dutch 2nd division for AGOVV Apeldoorn in 5 years time.
I don't think he will play for AGOVV..... their professional side is bankrupt & already gone.

L

Learo

I have never mentioned lukaku.

This guy has better physical attributes than guys like Haruna Babangida and Freddy Adu had when they were younger and hyped as the next Pele at age 14/15.

The fact is that guys this age playing at that level has better physique than their peers. 99% dont make it. Just go back 5 years or 10 years and look at the hyped players back then. Most play in medioicre teams.

L

Learo

I have never mentioned lukaku.

This guy has better physical attributes than guys like Haruna Babangida and Freddy Adu had when they were younger and hyped as the next Pele at age 14/15.

The fact is that guys this age playing at that level has better physique than their peers. 99% dont make it. Just go back 5 years or 10 years and look at the hyped players back then. Most play in medioicre teams.

slicknick

So you say you've watched the video and you still claim that he stands out in comparison to his peers thanks to his physical attributes?
Guess you missed his long-range passing, defensive duties and so on (Trust me, I have watched the entire game, not just the Youtube video)

That aside, not sure if he has better physical attributes than Adu at the same age

slicknick

Subbed on at HT to replace Praet, and provided the assist for the last goal (left-foot cross) in Anderlecht's 3-0 win against Waasland Beveren.
His lead foot is right,but his left foot seems to be pretty good as well

Home of Barca Fans