Carlo Ancelotti

Carlo Ancelotti has already dropped more points this season (15) than Pep Guardiola did throughout his entire first Bundesliga campaign(12).

:coffee:

Yannik

Ancelotti definitely has time. Bayern is doing bad but I haven't noticed the media really ripping into him so far. Pep did definitely get more criticism whilst being unbeaten, as Ancelotti has with a comparably bad half season. At some point the critics will become loud if it doesn't get better but so far people are being unexpectedly patient.

khaled_a_d

Ancelotti definitely has time. Bayern is doing bad but I haven't noticed the media really ripping into him so far. Pep did definitely get more criticism whilst being unbeaten, as Ancelotti has with a comparably bad half season. At some point the critics will become loud if it doesn't get better but so far people are being unexpectedly patient.

Pep replaced the beloved Heynckes and for some reason some people believes that his arrival was the reason he is kicked out.he also came with some insane hype
Ancelotti neither came with same hype and Pep isn't Heynckes for Bayern. I think this was expected tbh

Yannik

Pep replaced the beloved Heynckes and for some reason some people believes that his arrival was the reason he is kicked out.he also came with some insane hype
Ancelotti neither came with same hype and Pep isn't Heynckes for Bayern. I think this was expected tbh

Well Pep was screwed the day Heynckes won the triple because, as good as Bayern was, there's no way you can succed if anything below a triple is now considered a "disappointment" and the league being labelled as a "must win". Then there were all sorts of controversial decisions. Gomez sale, Kroos sale, Mandzu sale, Schweini sale, Götze not being Messi's reincarnation, that doctor thing etc. Plus possession football became a hated thing and Pep is somewhat seen as the god of it, and spanish footballers his angels. Heck, people actually even ripped into names that were just spanish sounding. And ffs, they sometimes were just portuguese, it was ridiculous.

I was never agreeing with that, I can write a whole BBZesque comment to why I thought Pep was a great coach at Bayern and why I disagreed with this anti movement, but I'm on the phone.
Morale of the story however: Ancelotti was announced, and people thought "uhh yeah, finally a proper coach and no Pep-stuff anymore." so he actually came on a positive premise. And people are patient with him. Which is good. I just wished that would be a normal thing.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Ancelotti was announced, and people thought "uhh yeah, finally a proper coach and no Pep-stuff anymore." so he actually came on a positive premise. And people are patient with him. Which is good. I just wished that would be a normal thing.

And now he's killing it. Well... maybe killing it is a slight overstatement. But his results so far are pretty solid and players seem to love him.

Surprised to see so little activity in this thread.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And now he's killing it. Well... maybe killing it is a slight overstatement. But his results so far are pretty solid and players seem to love him.

Surprised to see so little activity in this thread.

I mean...how can anyone even compete with this?

[tw]851413616737873921[/tw]

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ancelotti just said that the defense isn't a problem because Hummels will be back. Would be a pretty big issue if they didn't have him, given Martinez's red card.

Bayern's mentality has to change. They need to fight hard and play very aggressively in Madrid in the return leg. Having Hummels AND Lewandowski puts them at their best. Ancelotti needs to fix the defensive approach to press the hell out of the wide players delivering crosses instead of letting them have open deliveries. He needs to get the hunger out of the Bayern players too. On their day, they are relentless and clinical. It won't take a 6-1 for them to come back from this, but it's a tough comeback and they need to believe 100% that they can and will do it. No nonsense, or else RM can almost walk to the CL final.

barcanuck

Still Ribery has no place starting. Should of gone with Dougie Costa over old scarface. And Hummels > Javi Martinez. Also why the F didn't Muller step up and take that penalty.

Home of Barca Fans