Bladder wants winter WC for 2022

mittchan82

Not a typo. Not starting a fight here so if you can't express yourself without being heated, get out.
I said it before and I'll say it again: Qatar 2022 is a mistake and a huge one.
Due to health reasons related to the heat index during summer time in Qatar, FIFA's dictator has come out publicly and expressed his desire to hold the tournament during winter.
I say screw Qatar if they are not able to uphold their promise of coming up with a technology to cool down the stadiums and the pitch(at least) to accommodate the spectators and the players.
I'd rather see Australia host the WC since they won't have the weather problems and they've actually qualified for the final tournament before, unlike Qatar.
So, what you think about this in general?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Qatar for WC is a complete representation of how Middle Eastern money is ruining the sport. Having it at such a country in the first place was a horrible idea, and now they are degrading the tournament itself? All of this is a big piss-off.

B

beautifulgame

Eastern money ruins football?

Obvious racism is obvious.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Eastern money ruins football?

Obvious racism is obvious.

Has little to do with race. It could be any race doing this really, doesn't make it any better or worse. It's the problem that the people who can pay the most are the ones controlling the sport, despite them having far less footballing culture or positive influence. Their influence has made this more of a money game, and I'm not just talking about Middle Easterns. Guys like Abravomich and Perez are guilty as well.

F

Flavia

The wc here next year will also be a hot one. The games should be at least at night, but won't, because of time zones.

DennyCrane

So, what you think about this in general?

Appeasing footballs' new overlords. They bought their way in, as many others did before, and now it will be held whatever it takes. No one in the Fifa cares that Qatar doesn't have an appropriate climate during summer or a football tradition worth of mentioning. No one cares whether Qatar is an authoritarian state which doesn't give a fuck about human rights; not to mention the ultra strict anti-gay laws - because as we all learned from a lot of Fifa commercials, football is carried by respect :puke:

Then again, what to expect ? They say that a fish rots from the head down, but the problem isn't only Blatter - not even his entourage. The problem is that the whole organization is by design a hive of corruption.

DennyCrane

It will be way, way more lax by 2022.

At the moment, gay acts, whatever that means in a legal sense, are a statutory offense with a range of punishment from 90 whiplashes (!) to 5 years in jail in Qatar. Being more 'lax' as you call it, would mean legalizing homosexual acts - under shari'ah law. You surely understand why I doubt that this will happen.

Anyway, where would the incentive to legalize homosexual acts be coming from ? Because sure as hell not from Blatter, who basically told gay couples to not fuck around there.

ccesc

The WC in Brazil will be the last "real" World Cup with fans and passion.
Russia and Qatar will all be about money and corruption.

Home of Barca Fans