Bladder wants winter WC for 2022

impeh

Hi, its me..
BREAKING:; FIFA task force recommends that 2022 Qatar World Cup is played in November and December

Key football officials met in Doha to discuss a number of options following fears a summer event would endanger the health of players and fans.

Summer temperatures in Qatar can exceed 40C while those in November-December drop to the mid-20s.

Tuesday's recommendation is expected to be ratified by Fifa's executive committee in Zurich on 19 and 20 March.

Taskforce chief Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa also recommended that the 2022 tournament should be shortened by a few days.

But there are no plans to reduce the size of the tournament from 32 teams or 64 matches.

looks like its gonna happen

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
B-mgRdgVIAAN5MS.jpg:large

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
What else?

i'm just wondering why uefa/la Liga/PL/... just doesn't say:"fuck off" and completely ignore the fifa
match day 18 Real madrid - barca during the World cup final eg :)

Sadly they don't have the guts to do that.

khaled_a_d

What else?

i'm just wondering why uefa/la Liga/PL/... just doesn't say:"fuck off" and completely ignore the fifa
match day 18 Real madrid - barca during the World cup final eg :)

European clubs already asked for compensation and FIFA is saying no ,but I guess they will force FIFA to pay some sort of price
my guess that probably a sort of cancellation to African Cup of Nations 2023 .South American qualifications will be in 2 groups to decrease games etc .to decrease International breaks and give European clubs more flexibility

European clubs already asked for compensation and FIFA
but uefa should protect their leagues/countries
in china they will prefer Manu- manCity over the world cup semi's on boxing day.

for clubs this is a disaster, even for small clubs
for african players?
world cup in the winter and african cup maybe during that summer, :)

but ok
it's all about the money ans sepp blatter owns 120-140 countries (africa and asia).
still funny, Qatar is basically the avinguda diagonal. so let's build 6 or 7 stadiums next to it :)

khaled_a_d

Uefa is more about NT than clubs my friend .but if this Dutch guy can win the Election against Blatter things might change

F

Flavia

FIFA Executive Committee confirms November/December event period for Qatar 2022

The Executive Committee today confirmed that the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ will be staged in November/December with the final to be on 18 December 2022, Qatar’s National Day.

In principle, it was agreed that the tournament should be played over a reduced timeframe, for instance 28 days. The working group for the international match calendar will meet in due course to finalise the international match calendar for the 2019-2022 cycle.

It's confirmed... what a joke.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
In before the big clubs don't send their best players to the World Cup resulting in some small time country, making its first world cup finals appearance, winning the damn thing.

Leo_Messi

FIFA Executive Committee confirms November/December event period for Qatar 2022

The Executive Committee today confirmed that the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ will be staged in November/December with the final to be on 18 December 2022, Qatar’s National Day.

In principle, it was agreed that the tournament should be played over a reduced timeframe, for instance 28 days. The working group for the international match calendar will meet in due course to finalise the international match calendar for the 2019-2022 cycle.

It's confirmed... what a joke.

Just read it.

A complete joke indeed. I would not mind if the leading football countries boycotted that world cup.

I wonder if Qatar will buy non-local players like they did during the Handball World Cup this year?:lol:

v7qovd.gif

Kohe321

I'm curious, how will this affect the league season? Will it just go on and the clubs will have to agree on sending away their NT-bound players, continuing on with the ones who are not playing for their NTs? Or will it be suspended alltogether until the WC is over? Suspending the league sounds really difficult as it would throw the rhythm of the following season completely out of whack as well.

This is seriously comedy from Fifa.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think the clubs have no obligation to release players for the tournament. So if the league system stays the way it is, without member FAs implementing a break in league/domestic cup play, then I doubt the elite clubs will let their players go to the World Cup.

Home of Barca Fans