Bladder wants winter WC for 2022

Indignado

In general: Money in ruining football.

I'll have to agree with that. There's no way to justify choosing Qatar to host a world cup. The weather isn't even the only concern.

The alternatives weren't brilliant but all of them were better than this. It was about money and nothing else. And we have them on our shirt.

Jenks

The alternatives were the USA, Australia, Japan and South Korea. I can't imagine any of them could have been a worse choice than Qatar.

Faceless

No more faces at night
The alternatives were the USA, Australia, Japan and South Korea. I can't imagine any of them could have been a worse choice than Qatar.

The only problem with Australia is the time zone.

Last edited:

Faceless

No more faces at night
Same as Japan and South Korea.

But if it is in Australia, then it will be in Sydney.. And there the time difference is a lot!
But I guess when it comes to the World Cup we would be willing to watch at any time.. Next year will be a problem for me too.. When it is morning in Brazil, it is late night over here. When it is late night in Brazil, it is early morning over here.. :facepalm:

0n0mat0p0eia

World Cup WILL NOT take place in winter!

There will be a re-vote before that happens. Qatar was given the WC under certain assurances; if those assurances are not met, then...

European Leagues/FAs are too powerful to be messed around so the WC can go to a football backwater!

Kerrybai

I want another USA world cup, packed stadiums, great cities, lots to do in between games, what more could you ask for?

Robert

I'd say all of them are a better choice. They all have a football culture unlike Qatar. Also, all of them except Australia have already successfully hosted a World Cup.

mittchan82

If Qatar cannot deliver their promise they mentioned in their proposal for WC hosting, I say re-vote and let other countries have the chance to host the tournament.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A european nation WILL NOT replace Qatar in 2022 - if indeed Qatar are replaced.

World cups work on a rotation basis and seeing as Russia has it in 2018 then europe will not get another in 2022. It will got to USA or China methinks.

Bladder wanted to have the legacy of Russia, USA and China hosting success tournaments and having the acclaim of uniting the world with the power of football with the 3 biggest countries in the world hosting the tournament. He definitely want to have that legacy. That is until Qatar made an offer Bladder couldn't refuse.

I don't think FIFA actually thought there would be actual real evidence of mis-doing and probably thought it would be the old faces shouting conspiracy with no hard evidence. Well FIFA are now fucked on that and we are seeing the U-turn from Bladder.

I expect 2022 to go to USA and 2026 to go to China. Australia to have it in 2030 and to Europe in 2034.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Funny how most of the people who actually voted for Qatar have now been found guilty of corruption. Blatter voted for the USA I believe.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Funny how most of the people who actually voted for Qatar have now been found guilty of corruption. Blatter voted for the USA I believe.

Yes he did because of my aforementioned reason. He wants Russia, USA and China - the 3 super powers in the world - to hold successive tournaments to "unite the world with football".

Home of Barca Fans