Marcelo

J

Jamie Cal

Not to be a cynic, I have a lot of time for Marcelo, but it seemed more like a 'hurry up and get him off' than anything else, considering Bailey's antics leading up to it.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Not to be a cynic, I have a lot of time for Marcelo, but it seemed more like a 'hurry up and get him off' than anything else, considering Bailey's antics leading up to it.

To be fair Ramos would have forced him to stand up pulling even more on his shoulders without consideration.

Marcelo is one of the very few class acts in that shitty madrid team.

J

Jamie Cal

What happened to Bailly there? I can't tell.

I'm still a bit mystified by it. Basically, around 75 minute mark, he had a kick at Hamez, and he hit the deck clutching his shoulder. He milked it a few minutes and got booked. Now, just 5 seconds before that, he went into a clash shoulder-to-shoulder, and maybe that affected him.

Anyway, he came back on, and there was a a Villarreal throw-in, and he claimed he couldn't take it 'cause his shoulder. Not sure how much he was putting that on to kill time either.

Another couple of seconds later, that incident happened with Marcelo happened to a lot of frustration from Madrid. Villarreal hadn't made a sub up til this point and Rukavina came on.

And [MENTION=19697]Vlom[/MENTION], you're right there. Ramos complaining about his yellow card when he clearly plowed into Musacchio had me in tears laughing.

Morten

Says alot when our attacking lb is our main creative outlet, or maybe it says something about lbs in general these days. Idk, one way or the other it seems wrong...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Says alot when our attacking lb is our main creative outlet, or maybe it says something about lbs in general these days. Idk, one way or the other it seems wrong...

You are not giving Marcelo enough credit. Marcelo is not just a lb, together with Alba he is the best lb in the world. Nothing shameful to see him so influential but I do agree with you that it sheds a negative light on your midfielders and forwards.

Morten

You are not giving Marcelo enough credit. Marcelo is not just a lb, together with Alba he is the best lb in the world. Nothing shameful to see him so influential but I do agree with you that it sheds a negative light on your midfielders and forwards.

Marcelo is imo the best attacking lb in the world no question, but it still says alot about the rest of the team when a lb is our creative force. Anyways, Alaba is up there with Alba and Marcelo btw.But its not all down to the players, Ronaldo isnt very creative anymore, Bale is kick and run, plain and simple. James is placed in midfield, when he was never a midfielder, even though Rafa seems to think so. Isco is placed on RW in many matches, when James is placed in MF? Isco is much more suited to a midfield position, and James is more suited to an attacking role. Even the positions of several of our players doesnt make any sense.

Last edited:

Rahj

the gif shows that he stretches out both arms. he was standing at the left side just outside the penalty area.

El Flaco

Marcelo didn't deserve to be included in FIFPro 2015 World XI.

And no, the Brazilian isn't really fantastic offensively but he's damn good with the ball, no defender can compare with him at this aspect. But Marcelo lacks pace, stamina and footballing IQ. Many defenders are better than him defensively.

He's a good player but Alaba and Alba are way better than the Brazilian.

Morten

Marcelo didn't deserve to be included in FIFPro 2015 World XI.

And no, the Brazilian isn't really fantastic offensively but he's damn good with the ball, no defender can compare with him at this aspect. But Marcelo lacks pace, stamina and footballing IQ. Many defenders are better than him defensively.

He's a good player but Alaba and Alba are way better than the Brazilian.

Lmao. I cant understand how anyone can say there is a clear winner between them. Way better? Thats laughable.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[/B]
Lmao. I cant understand how anyone can say there is a clear winner between them. Way better? Thats laughable.
Alaba is definitely better... Alba & Marcelo close enough, Marcelo better with his contribution to attack while Alba is a better defender

Home of Barca Fans