Marcelo

Trickykid

What's up with this guy? He's been pretty bad most of the times I've watched him this season and was atrocious against Celta.
Just a major dip in form? Lack of support from left sided partners Kroos and Cronaldo who are both struggling as well?

serghei

What's up with this guy? He's been pretty bad most of the times I've watched him this season and was atrocious against Celta.
Just a major dip in form? Lack of support from left sided partners Kroos and Cronaldo who are both struggling as well?

Hmm, he was always playing in the joga bonito style, a lot based on confidence, raw talent and inspiration. Once that drops a bit, he doesn't have an incredible physique, nor is he a tactically brilliant player.

Trickykid

Hmm, he was always playing in the joga bonito style, a lot based on confidence, raw talent and inspiration. Once that drops a bit, he doesn't have an incredible physique, nor is he a tactically brilliant player.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
I've noticed him barely bothering to to track back on counters quite a few times as well, which also could be a sign that his moral is in the gutters.

serghei

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
I've noticed him barely bothering to to track back on counters quite a few times as well, which also could be a sign that his moral is in the gutters.

It's good news for us, because when fully motivated and on form he's the best LB in the world even with his clear issues in defense. But when he's not on form, Alba is better. And right now, at this moment, Jordi is the best LB in the world.

xXKonan

He's always has been a High risk-High reward player so he needs people to cover for him once he goes forward.

problem is I don't see it much this season once he goes forward that support he has someone to cover for him isn't there.

Trickykid

It's good news for us, because when fully motivated and on form he's the best LB in the world even with his clear issues in defense. But when he's not on form, Alba is better. And right now, at this moment, Jordi is the best LB in the world.

Absolutely agree on both accounts.

He's always has been a High risk-High reward player so he needs people to cover for him once he goes forward.

problem is I don't see it much this season once he goes forward that support he has someone to cover for him isn't there.

Oh, I know he's often caught upfield, but I think he's usually fairly dirigent when it comes to tracking back. Lately it seems he has just not bothered at all...

xXKonan

Absolutely agree on both accounts.

Oh, I know he's often caught upfield, but I think he's usually fairly dirigent when it comes to tracking back. Lately it seems he has just not bothered at all...
Yep I have been reading a Spanish Madrid forum and a lot of them have been complaining all season that he looks like he doesn't care much about tracking back and overall looks complacent.

some of them aren't all that high on Theo either to bench Marcelo either.

Trickykid

Yep I have been reading a Spanish Madrid forum and a lot of them have been complaining all season that he looks like he doesn't care much about tracking back and overall looks complacent.

some of them aren't all that high on Theo either to bench Marcelo either.
Yeah, that matches my views pretty well.
Theo has been god awful the few times I've seen him. Completely clueless in attack and nothing at all like the fans are used to from Marcelo. To think so many Barça fans raged when we didn't snap him up...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Without a threat his form and concentration is poor. Theo is basically a nobody now so Marcelo doesn't even mind him.

Morten

Has been pretty mediocre this season, as most of our players, but he showed up today.
It was like his game against Bayern, really.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I still cannot believe how Emery took off Cavani and moved Mbappe to let Marcelo run loose and create havoc. What a shit sub :lol:

khaled_a_d

I still cannot believe how Emery took off Cavani and moved Mbappe to let Marcelo run loose and create havoc. What a shit sub :lol:

People are overreacting a little bit here, PSG was far better after the sub and it was when Zidane gambled and made those subs that changed the game.
And Alves alone would have been destroyed in the game even if Mpabbe stayed as RW, tbh it was either that or take Alves for Meunier as there was no way he would take anyone from midfield (who was already their weaker than RM) for Meunier
Think it was more of Zidane doing well than Emery messing

Home of Barca Fans