Marcelo

Horatio

You're welcome
I remember a more recent dirty foul from him, kicking a player. Might have been against a Roma player.

RMU ReBorn

Offensively he's the best fullback I've ever seen. And its not like he's a liability on defense.. I don't recall Robben dribbling him tonight, he created his penalty on the left side.

But how does Marcelo feel, that after putting such insane performance, the Madeira boy will be the one getting all the newspaper covers like he qualified Madrid on his own?

Regardless, that was one of the best champions league performances by a player I can recall, and thats including wingers, attackers, defenders etc, not just fullbacks.

Cafu was better offensively . Defensively no contest at all . Marcelo is poor in that aspect

El Flaco

The only reason he doesn't get noted is because being a LB, he doesn't hit the scores often

Not true. Marcelo has always been very highly rated among the best LBs in the world - at least offensively.

His defending is suspect, to say the least...

gasgas

Not true. Marcelo has always been very highly rated among the best LBs in the world - at least offensively.

His defending is suspect, to say the least...

When i say noted i mean together with the likes of Bale,Neymar, Hazard who score and are ranked among the top 10 players of the world

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It is easy to romantacize the past players for they left us with good memories but Marcelo will retire one day and will join the greats. The only thing about Marcelo that lacks behind Cafu is that he is not a captain or leader the same way Cafu was. Cafu for me was a childhood idol, he was an amazing leader for Brazil who had a lot of stars.

Marcelo has leadership qualities but the fact that he enjoys his football with flair joy and passion he just isn't the same mold of leaders madrid and brazil had. however in pure terms of raw talent, he exceeds cafu, carlos and dani alves. he is, the most electrifying full back i have seen. he is what cicinho wished to be and he has been playing at top level longer than maicon wished to play. and those full backs are supremely talented.

i hope he plays as long as zanetti did because javier was a BEAST in terms of health and fitness.

his defending has improved a lot over the seasons but i dont think this is even a concern or even an objective for such a dynamo.

El Flaco

Marcelo's goal vs. Valencia

[gfy]DistinctBriefAfricanrockpython[/gfy]

[gfy]VariableSimpleDalmatian[/gfy]

[gfy]FrenchWhichIzuthrush[/gfy]

JamDav1982

c
To be honest if he wins a world cup he still wouldn't surpass what Roberto Carlos did as RC has 2 Copas, 1 WC, 1 Confeds cup. HOWEVER, who is the more talented? Marcelo for sure.

Marcelo without a doubt.

Carlos used to be a bit over rated I always thought.

El Flaco

To be honest if he wins a world cup he still wouldn't surpass what Roberto Carlos did as RC has 2 Copas, 1 WC, 1 Confeds cup.

Even if Messi doesn't win Copas or WC for Argentina at senior level, he already surpassed Maradona since ages ago...

Same thing could be said for Marcelo on the comparison between him and Roberto Carlos.

serghei

Even if Messi doesn't win Copas or WC for Argentina at senior level, he already surpassed Maradona since ages ago...

Same thing could be said for Marcelo on the comparison between him and Roberto Carlos.

Depends on who you ask really.

Me, I see them both as equals in ability, with different personalities (and because of this, different career trajectories). I care the most about footballing ability and Maradona and Messi are the best at that. Don't care much about rakings between them.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Uuughh, Messi won 8 La Ligas and 3-4 CLs, and been consistent for like 10 years at batshit crazy heights. So his club performances speak volumes about him. Shitty leader though.

The similarities are many between Carlos and Marcelo and they are 1 decade apart as opposed to like 3-4. So the difference is on the int'l stage where Carlos was lucky to win more. Marcelo I think is more influential over the game in his last 2 years at Real. He took full command.

Home of Barca Fans