Marcelo

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He needs a new challenge. Also don't think he can keep up with the defensive side of the game at his age now. Would still be very good as a wingback in a 3 CB formation in some other club.

serghei

Nonsense. Would have been a blatant problem last season while he wasn't and turned it up along with the rest of the team come spring time.

It's the most obvious and probable explanation. Motivation is not there anymore. He has came back from poor periods before but it all has to end sometimes. Oddly similar case with Alves, who combined beast periods of form with poor ones later in his career.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's the most obvious and probable explanation. Motivation is not there anymore. He has came back from poor periods before but it all has to end sometimes. Oddly similar case with Alves, who combined beast periods of form with poor ones later in his career.

It's the one that doesn't make sense either, because it's too simple and takes no account of circumstances. If it were complacency and lack of desire to win, he would have stopped caring after the best Madrid season in history. Nonsense for it to only kick in this year. Not when having a Castilla player who nobody has ever heard of before this season completely outdoing him in everything on both ends of the pitch. The only difference that explains him being out of shape and having no desire to train or perform for the club he actually does love is not having the person that always picked him up from it i.e. Cristiano.

serghei

It's the one that doesn't make sense either, because it's too simple and takes no account of circumstances. If it were complacency and lack of desire to win, he would have stopped caring after the best Madrid season in history. Nonsense for it to only kick in this year. Not when having a Castilla player who nobody has ever heard of before this season completely outdoing him in everything on both ends of the pitch. The only difference that explains him being out of shape and having no desire to train or perform for the club he actually does love is not having the person that always picked him up from it i.e. Cristiano.

If you say so.

For me quality is out of the question, brilliant player. Age is not an issue because he's not 35, he's fecking 30. Only thing left is motivation. Why he doesn't have motivation anymore to up his form like in the past is the big question. Doubt it's all related to Ronaldo leaving.

El Gato

Villarato!
If you say so.

For me quality is out of the question, brilliant player. Age is not an issue because he's not 35, he's fecking 30. Only thing left is motivation. Why he doesn't have motivation anymore to up his form like in the past is the big question. Doubt it's all related to Ronaldo leaving.

I didn't say anything about his quality though man. Nothing. He was always a great passer with great technique, touch and great vision. Still is, we saw one or two flashes of it even tonight. He was also always suspect defensively, but in most seasons with Cristiano he put minimal effort in, particularly when he realised he's better than Coentrao offensively and can outcompete him.

This is no decline in quality. This is a question of what motivates him personally. He does care about trophies. He loves the club, he said so multiple times this season. That performance against Levante was a great example because he was the only one for a great part that had a burst of emotion and wanted to spark the comeback. Even against Barca he was the one to score. He does have ounces of fight in him, but there isn't enough fire there. This is textbook pathological behaviour where a person loves something, but cannot deal with their weaknesses of some form. He was "addicted" to having Cristiano by his side as somebody he can look to for mental strength that he doesn't have himself.

Morten

Marcelo apparently did some kind of interview or whatever with someone, idk.

Some things about Zidane, Ronaldo and others, including confirming what we all knew about Bale :

"On the other side I have Bale, but Bale does not speak [Spanish] as he only speaks English and we talk with gestures and I say, 'Hi, hello and good wine'."

Bale, still cant speak some basic spanish after being here for 6 years come summer and getting paid massively :lol:
Marcelo and Bale talking to each other sounds like some Oblivion-esque AI consversation to me, "hi", "hello", "goodbye", "i heard others say the same" etc.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Marcelo apparently did some kind of interview or whatever with someone, idk.

Some things about Zidane, Ronaldo and others, including confirming what we all knew about Bale :

"On the other side I have Bale, but Bale does not speak [Spanish] as he only speaks English and we talk with gestures and I say, 'Hi, hello and good wine'."

Bale, still cant speak some basic spanish after being here for 6 years come summer and getting paid massively :lol:
Marcelo and Bale talking to each other sounds like some Oblivion-esque AI consversation to me, "hi", "hello", "goodbye", "i heard others say the same" etc.

It was a joke, he said it while laughing. Bale actually knows basic spanish but he doesn't speak it in public, although there are a few videos of him doing so.
But yeah, his spanish skills doesn't really equal 6 years of living in Spain.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not to draw more conclusions than necessary, but the 'good wine' part is an.. interesting.. choice of a line in a joke....

Morten

It was a joke, he said it while laughing. Bale actually knows basic spanish but he doesn't speak it in public, although there are a few videos of him doing so.
But yeah, his spanish skills doesn't really equal 6 years of living in Spain.

Alright, nevermind then, should have expected it tbh, Marcelo likes to joke around.

Home of Barca Fans