Marcelo

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's not a LMF, or a fullback, he's a lateral.

most all Brazilian FB's were laterals. it's just some adjust their game more to that of a traditional "fullback" to better make it in Europe. but the best ones don't; Dani Alves, Maicon, Bobby Charles, Cafu, Serginho, Marcelo, Andre Santos, Cicinho, etc. they can play in midfield but also in defence. the Da Silva's are in this mould as well.

Trequartista

The good
Perhaps the best left back in the world right now. A bundle of infinite energy, passion and skill. His defensive game is always questionable but as the season goes by and with the four Classicos under his belt, he has learned a lot about anticipation and positioning.

No one in Madrid gives a more honer performance than him, except Casillas. I love how vocal he is, even when he is wrong, he is always communicating and corresponding with his team mates all over the pitch.

A lot has been said about Mourinho's off field antics, and a lot has been said about how he brain washed his players but a man with Mourinho's confidence has enabled Marcelo to get on the right path of development.

All this talk about him being a LMF was rubbish, he is an attacking fullback through and through. Brazil has to play him with Alves with a diamond midfield. Both and him Alves are going to cause some major damage.
A Christmas tree would be better Alves and Marcelo giving width with at least two from(Sandro-Ramires-Lucas) covering them and then Neymar and Ganso behind Pato

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Jules
Dani T-Silly DL Marcelo
Ramires Sandro/Lucas
Robinho Ganso Neymar
Pato​

this formation should be Brazil's default. it's awesome and devastating and just groovy baby.

Co0ter

Jules
Dani T-Silly DL Marcelo
Ramires Sandro/Lucas
Robinho Ganso Neymar
Pato​

this formation should be Brazil's default. it's awesome and devastating and just groovy baby.

I agree except with Marcelo. Being able to attack with both wingbacks is nice but it'd make Ramires and Sandro/Lucas pretty immobile in the midfield, affecting its fluidity. I'd probably prefer a more solid defender who still has some attacking sense; freeing up Dani Alves to truely do whatever he wants.

Marcelo should be used if we're having trouble breaking through in the second half or fall behind....or if we're playing a total rubbish team.

BerkeleyBernie

Had to delete a racist post from here as well as any posts quoting it. Guys, even if you're only trying to make a joke, racism is nothing to joke about and we take it seriously here. Please don't make light of the situation with Busquets, thank you.

The person who made the post has received an infraction. Honestly I wanted to use a ban but since it was the guy's first ever offense I used the lighter punishment. If it happens again I will not hesitate because you have all been warned.

Thanks guys, hope you all understand the stance here.

Much appreciated, thank you.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't get the fuss about this guy really, obviously he's not crap, but he isn't a diamond either... He is great going forward and that has helped Madrid a lot this season, more than one could have anticipated, but his defensive skills are shocking, actually two out of the three goals Madrid received in the CL were because of his poor positioning...

And he's also a cunt! Hahahaha...

iookram

I'd like to see someone other than Hobinho behind Pato with the other two tbh, they can do better.

I think that Sao Paulo's Lucas will eventually replace Robinho.

So there'll be Lucas-Ganso-Neymar behind Pato or Leandro Damiao(possible option for the number 9 spot).

desoe

I'd like to see someone other than Hobinho behind Pato with the other two tbh, they can do better.

Willian+Parma+FC+v+FC+Shakhtar+Donetsk+Pre+ySjIzrUoYtLl.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
When Robinho is playing for Brazil, he is something else. A different spice all together. Not only is he productive and has an eye for goal, he is actually entertaining. His problem is that he can't be the center of attention or the responsibility bearer, if Neymar and Ganso can handle the pressure of that, Robinho will shiiiiiiineeee...

he's not a LMF, or a fullback, he's a lateral.

most all Brazilian FB's were laterals. it's just some adjust their game more to that of a traditional "fullback" to better make it in Europe. but the best ones don't; Dani Alves, Maicon, Bobby Charles, Cafu, Serginho, Marcelo, Andre Santos, Cicinho, etc. they can play in midfield but also in defence. the Da Silva's are in this mould as well.

I don't know what the fuck a lateral is but preach on...

If by play makers you mean, then yeah, that is whats I always understood it as. Typically an easy position to fullfil, a little discipline and good stamina and you are good to go as a fullback. Brazilians though make it one of the most difficult positions, between defending and play making a lot of skill is required.

For whoever said that this will limit Ramires and Lucas, then by all means let them be immobile and stationary. LOL! What are you getting out of these players that Dani and Marcelo are not worth it? The two are a bundle of energy, brimming with confidence and competitiveness, not to mention one is a very good passer and the other is an unexpected goal threat. I think it is time for Cafu and Roberto Carlos to go to bed rest assured, their heirs are there to carry the selecao.

A Christmas tree would be better Alves and Marcelo giving width with at least two from(Sandro-Ramires-Lucas) covering them and then Neymar and Ganso behind Pato

A diamond midfield is essentially a christmas tree. As long as the full backs wreck havoc and allowed the freedom to do so. They have enough swagger to do so, its just a matter of staying responsible against disciplined European sides and disciplined enough themselves to hold back Di Maria and Messi (which won't happen, so they will have to outscore them).

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
a lateral is someone that plays up and down the sides of the pitch.

that's why there are precious few wingers and fullbacks in Brazilian football. everyone is a lateral; which covers both positions.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Precious in what sense? Rare or quality?

Most Brazillian players who play as RB and LB happen to be that way because they play 4 2 2 2 in Brazil, they are the only source of width.

Home of Barca Fans