Marcelo

Leo_Messi

Best LB in the world (especially in attack). Great skill and intelligence, a bigger creative threat than Ronaldo for sure. He and Isco are fearsome to contain. His performance was as good as Benzema's.

A liability in defense though which is the most important thing for every defender.

Good game though.

CuleLife4Life

He was actually really good. He'll alway be a liability in the way Alves is in defense but his role on the team isn't to be a defensive all the time.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Calling him the best LB in the world is pushing it. Best offensively, but not in defence. When Alaba is played there, he is still the best IMO.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Calling him the best LB in the world is pushing it. Best offensively, but not in defence. When Alaba is played there, he is still the best IMO.

Alaba would be but I wouldn't count him as LB right now. Other than him, I don't see any real competitors for Marcelo. He's not Alves level disastrous in defense, does well defending high up the pitch but I agree that he's not great in that aspect. Offensively, he's amazing.

CuleLife4Life

Even Dunga praised him after calling him up, after basically telling the media he was the one at fault for the 7-1. He has definitely stepped his game up into another level.

Morten

Very good match by him, i dont remember much danger that was caused on his side. He should be a big contender for his position in the team of the year 2015, if he keep it up.

Devils

His playmaking skills are ridiculous.

Very intelligent player, he has a great creative spark going forward.

Leo_Messi

Oh u are a few years late. He's all around very mature player now. Just exceptional

No he is still making defensive mistakes far too often. Fábio Coentrão is the better player defensively and usually he performs better against us. Not strange that he was the preferred option against Bayern München last season (both semifinal games), in the CdR final and the CL final.

B

beautifulgame

No he is still making defensive mistakes far too often. Fábio Coentrão is the better player defensively and usually he performs better against us. Not strange that he was the preferred option against Bayern München last season (both semifinal games), in the CdR final and the CL final.

I never said Coentrao isn't better defensively. He also is a very good player

valk

totally wrong. Coentrao played in the CDR final and first leg against Bayern because Marcelo got injured. He performed well and consequently played also the next 2 games. But you could ask any Madrid fan who do they prefer between those 2 and the answer is Marcelo. His performance yesterday was phenomenal, as good as in October and in the SuperCup in 2012. When he's in this kind of form he's unstoppable.

Home of Barca Fans