Santiago Vergini

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
May end up being an upgrade on Piqué although his lack of pace doesn't make him ideal for what Barcelona need in the center of defense

impeh

Hi, its me..
Newell's Old Boys centre back Santiago Vergini (24) would be available on a free transfer as his contract expired this summer. [via sport]

CatalinR10

Newell's Old Boys centre back Santiago Vergini (24) would be available on a free transfer as his contract expired this summer. [via sport]

Never heard of him but because of his height , he could help in set pieces . Also , I don't think he is good considering that his contract expired this summer but it wouldn't hurt to get him.

Yeah Mascherano is not good enough for our midfield and surely it won't work with Busquets-Mascherano as someone said....And i wonder seriously how can anybody consider him as option for our defence when clearly he can't make it done in this position...

Masch is absolutely enough quality for the midfield.

jamrock

if he is free are dirt cheap signing him up, sell song and have masch rotate between the dm and cb position, perhaps buy another cb and a fast and powerful midfielder

Zuess99

This is what i was expecting from Tata, to bring in some unknown cb. 1.9m is exactly whats needed.
Coaches have bought unknown players for a long time , I mean dortmund bought kagawa from the fucking J league division 2.

Trickykid

if he is free are dirt cheap signing him up, sell song and have masch rotate between the dm and cb position, perhaps buy another cb and a fast and powerful midfielder

Why the hell would you sell Song? Especially now that we're already one midfielder down from last season.
I really can't see why some people in here doesn't want him in the squad. He always did a solid job in midfield whenever called upon last season.

PaCmAn

Why the hell would you sell Song? Especially now that we're already one midfielder down from last season.
I really can't see why some people in here doesn't want him in the squad. He always did a solid job in midfield whenever called upon last season.

+1.

I like song tbh. Never made a mistake.

Indignado

He's useless against big teams, can't keep up with Barça's and the opponent's pace

mixer

He's useless against big teams, can't keep up with Barça's and the opponent's pace
He's been quite good against Bayern, even though it was first game of the season. He doesn't loss the ball in a stupid way, his passes are accurate... I think he's really underrated

Butaan4barca

we can safely assume we will continue to play 4.3.3 and those three in the middle are absolutely fixed. Random deviation could be messi in that three(not macherano, nor song with busi starting as barca won't play with two DM,never) with tello/pedro, neymar, and alexis in front three.

somethign like

rb.cb.cb.lb
---busi---
-------iniesta---
---messi----
alexis.ney-pedro

1. Messi already plays there, so will continue to enjoy freedom, a lot more in this case
2. more attacking formation
3. We might have to adjust to this formation, 1. to accomodate tello, cuenca, 2. given that gerrard deulofue might be coming back home next season.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
we can safely assume we will continue to play 4.3.3 and those three in the middle are absolutely fixed. Random deviation could be messi in that three(not macherano, nor song with busi starting as barca won't play with two DM,never) with tello/pedro, neymar, and alexis in front three.

somethign like

rb.cb.cb.lb
---busi---
-------iniesta---
---messi----
alexis.ney-pedro

1. Messi already plays there, so will continue to enjoy freedom, a lot more in this case
2. more attacking formation
3. We might have to adjust to this formation, 1. to accomodate tello, cuenca, 2. given that gerrard deulofue might be coming back home next season.
Messi already cost us a CL by giving away position in the mid field even when he was playing a striker... I am scared to imagine what the output would be if he permenantly played there!!

Home of Barca Fans