Gerardo Martino, new coach of FC Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixer

The Club has reached an agreement for the Argentinian to be manager for the next two seasons

The schedule for his trip to FC Barcelona, signature of his contract and official presentation will be announced in the next few hoursardo Martino, new coach of FC Barcelona

tatapartit.v1374515485.jpg

FC Barcelona has reached an agreement to sign Gerardo Martino as the new first team manager for the next two seasons. The agreement is still pending the drafting and signing of his contract.

The schedule for his trip to FC Barcelona, signature of his contract and official presentation will be announced in the next few hours

The man known as ‘Tata’, and the new first team boss at Barça, was born in Rosario (Argentina) on November 20, 1962. He has extensive experience of South American football, first as a player and after as a coach, most recently on the bench at Newell's Old Boys, with whom he won the 2013 Final Tournament.

This would make Gerardo Martino the fourth Argentine manager in FC Barcelona history after Roque Olsen, Helenio Herrera and César Luis Menotti.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So many questions to answer...Looking forward to Tata but we shouldn't be expecting too much too quickly...He will need some time to adapt and same for the players

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah, it seems like something completely fresh and that's certainly a good thing. After 5 years it's normally a good time to change things about, it's just a shame it's happened in the fashion that it has.

Yeah, it seems like something completely fresh and that's certainly a good thing. After 5 years it's normally a good time to change things about, it's just a shame it's happened in the fashion that it has.

Yeah, I wanted us to get a new coach, but I obviously didn't want it to happen the way it did.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Welcome! Hope you can bring good to our club, we need it in these uncertain times of despair... :)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm excited! Now bring a decent CB and let's get it on, can't wait until the Liga starts!!!

JackaL

There was some rumour about Messi not wanting Bielsa as coach, anybody knows more about that? Let's see what Martino will bring. I don't know him well to be honest, it will be his first European coaching experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans