Gerardo Martino, new coach of FC Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
There was some rumour about Messi not wanting Bielsa as coach, anybody knows more about that? Let's see what Martino will bring. I don't know him well to be honest, it will be his first European coaching experience.

Probably just Madrid papers that can't stand us having the greatest player ever to play the game and want to trash-talk him.

JackaL

Probably just Madrid papers that can't stand us having the greatest player ever to play the game and want to trash-talk him.

Hmm I read it from a Turkish journalist who has strong connections to Spanish journalists. Let's see. I think Messi has indeee more influence (on/off the pitch) than we know / would like. However, at the moment I can't really make an own opinion of it.

F

Flavia

Welcome and good luck!

Reading this it seems Zubi even considered Eusebio...
So it's a good thing Tata was signed :p

F

Frejsgodes

it seems Zubi even considered Eusebio...

clint_ew.gif

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Only thing that worries me is his lack of European experience, but a good replacement.

tello

Well I really pray to God that Tata will do a great job and the boat will play eficiently and nice !

Does anybody feel that Tata wasn't the best solution even considering the short time they had to name a new manager ?

ceefoo

Welcome Tata!

I am cautiously optimistic about this guy. :gap: Can't help feel that another certain "Lepper" :messi: had an influence in his appointment.

I am hearing good things about this coach. He took Newell's to the SF of the Libertadores and has international experience with Paraguay. There is the question mark over his European pedigree having never coached on the continent before, but I understand his teams are built on defensive stability, which we are crying out for.

Don't agree that Barca always need to look in-house for a coach. As long as he understands and respects our clubs philosophy, then I don't have a problem with an "outsider". I think we could use a fresh approach and some new ideas right now.

Evolution NOT Revolution!​

Antimadridista1

Welcome Tata !!! Can't wait to see the way he works but I don't expect much from him during this first season...
For someone who never coached in Europe, you can't ask him to come and make your team win C1 .

F

Flavia

Well I really pray to God that Tata will do a great job and the boat will play eficiently and nice !

Does anybody feel that Tata wasn't the best solution even considering the short time they had to name a new manager ?
Since it could be worse(Eusebio :facepalm: ), I think it is a good name.

P

PhilS

When Messi praised Tata in the press, I'm sure that was per club orders. The club obviously gets the key players involved in recruitment and in preparing the public.

I wonder if Barca has had an option with Tata for quite a while now? He did leave his Newell's job, and did not accept any new position. Barca could afford to pay him more just to wait and be ready than Newells could pay him to coach. Given the very serious nature of Tito's illness, it would only have been prudent management to have a suitable coach ready to go as a contingency plan. Lot's of coach's would just wait for the chance for the Barca job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans