Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Atletico had everyone but Villa behind the ball and fouled us at every turn, and I didn't get that vibe from the Sevilla game at all.

jamrock

which is what most teams will be doing to us, sevila, were very good, they stayed discipline and hit us on the counter perfectly, again what most teams will do this team

B

beautifulgame

he is doing well, I gave his a 6/10 last time, but its a 7/10, but still every time I see Bayern, I kinda see that he isn't a really special coach and instead just a good one, he still hasn't put his philosophy on the team in a clear way, instead we are just playing to win and when he come up against the better sides that won't be enough, as seen against atletico and sevilla so far. hope he gets it sorted by January

What has yet to be implemented is a a rotation in the Rombo. Right now Neymar is the one player that rotates in the Rombo and that is intuition that comes from growing up with the futsal. The rotation within the rombos is what will take this team to the next level. However, even Pep did not implement that into the team function fully till later so we have to bear with Tata. However, with Bayern Pep is further along into implementing a full rotation which is the difference between barca and Bayern now, even though barca had players that are better at retaining the ball (something that Bayern will improve only spring automatically as proper rotation in a Rombo facilitates possession, passing and attack, as well as isolating).

Tata is aware though, there is an edification process involved, you build upward piece by piece, the rotation however may not be Tata's goal, not sure here. However, I believe this will require Messi to rotate to the wings more often to break down tough defenses as if we don't rotate like we did at the best times under Pep then that is the only place he will have enough space and time to take anyone on.

Don't get overly worried though, remember that Bayern dominated last year without such rotation, if anything, the biggest worry right now is marking on set pieces, which is despicable and team like Bayern will take great advantage of that.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Check this . Nice analysis.

I don't know how I missed this, I'm halfway through and agreeing completely.

The quote

They forced Celtic to play a possession based game, but they have no idea what they're doing

is just perfect. Exactly how I feel about this season :worthy:

It would be nice if he analyzed the Atletico game as well though.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Tata will get his biggest challenge after international break. Placing a line-up keeping in mind players weariness from international matches and games of milan and real coming up and not forcing all the recovered players from injury into starting lineup immediately, but strong to be able to win all three. Messi fitness and tata rotations key for that awesome and exciting week. Can't wait for first el clasico of the season. Winning the match will silence all haters.
Neymar and tata first clasico, barca have to make it magical.

JamDav1982

Tata will get his biggest challenge after international break. Placing a line-up keeping in mind players weariness from international matches and games of milan and real coming up and not forcing all the recovered players from injury into starting lineup immediately, but strong to be able to win all three. Messi fitness and tata rotations key for that awesome and exciting week. Can't wait for first el clasico of the season. Winning the match will silence all haters.
Neymar and tata first clasico, barca have to make it magical.

Barcelonas second string should beat AC Milan those games are not hugely important in the season.

Kerrybai

^ Yeah Milan have already dropped points against Ajax and I can see them dropping points away to Celtic as well. 2-3 points from the Milan games would probably be enough. Now Tata just fix our set piece defending and we might actually have a shot in Europe this year.

Zebulun

Martino: "During a 'rondo', Roura told me: 'Look away and listen to the sound of the ball'. It's impressive. Toc, toc, toc... Like a song."

Now we know why barcelona sucked when tito was out all those months. Roura enjoying the tiki Taka music lol. Funny to laugh at now but hurts on the inside.

barcanuck

I am still confused if they kept Roura and Rubi on the staff? Haven't really seen them on camera. Anyone know?

Home of Barca Fans