Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Gohan

Super Saiyan
ec0805b70f1635f6c569df8912faa262.png
:rosell:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Some Gerardo "Tata" Martino quotes

Winning is an imperious need to ensure conviction, but the message needs to be coherent: we cannot play one game one way and then another in another”

I go for possession, attacking, putting a lot of men in the opposing half, taking risks, making sure the defenders look back and for there to be forty metres between them and the keeper, for them not to stop playing the ball, when they have to move up, they move up, when they have to use the wings, they use the wings, and the ball shouldn’t be in the air unless there’s a reason...”

"The football player is the most important thing of all. Coaches are better or worse depending on the players we are in charge of. The coach is never above the people executing his orders (the players). People have made far too much a thing of the role of coaches”

"In youth football, we need to get back to working on skills”

"I was a skills-based player, I played well but ran little. Under Bielsa I learned that you need to do other things in order to play. It was a matter of survival”

"From a coach’s point of view, I’d say Argentinian football is among the most difficult and competitive in the world. From a spectator’s of view, I’d say I could only watch at most ten minutes of game of Argentinian football”

Rivaldo

I really hope this guy knows what he's doing tactically and isn't just another 'Everyone just pass the ball to Messi!' type....The team is bigger than Messi. Neymar and the others need to be allowed to shine as well.

Chainsaw

Killahead
A bunch of donkeys could ask better questions than these people at the press. Same old crap, repetitive shit.

I

instinct

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "I'm very happy and grateful. It's an honour to enter a club with such a history and such prestige."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Sadly, we all know the circumstances why I'm here now. I send my best wishes to Tito."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "I'm eager to meet the players and to continue with the football idea of this club, that's why I was signed."

Martino: "I will continue with the idea of Barça and will try to add some new things to make this a more complete team."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "You can be ambitious in life, set goals, but I couldn't have imagined one year ago I would be here"

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "The main thing is to make sure that the players are still hungry to keep on winning."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "I can't imagine that Messi and Neymar couldn't play well together. If they don't, the coach is to blame."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "As a coach, I've learned to adapt to the squad and to the players I have at my disposal."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Coaching in Argentina is not easy and that helps us when we leave the country to work elsewhere."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Messi and I are both from Rosario, Newell's is our club, but I don't know him personally."

Martino: "I will today travel to Oslo to join the team, I'll attend the game and then we return to welcome the ESP and BRA players"

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Messi has played in different positions, but he's scoring more than ever now, I won't change his position."

Martino (new coach Barcelona): "Signing a centre back? I need more time to have an opinion, I didn't even see the squad train."

Love him! :D

Home of Barca Fans