Tito stepped down as Barça's coach. New coach to be announced next week.

Stric

Have to say i'm hugely excited about Martino even though i'm not too familiar with him or his playing style. But i think we can definitely use someone who can bring some new ideas to the table and mesh it with our current style. Can't wait for him to get down to work.

Me too. It could end up not being my cup of tea, but at the moment, I'm just very excited to see what happens.

Zuess99

best case scenario is that he knows some good unknown south american defender who he can bring with , or maybe even two.

veryfatchocobo

I don't know much about Martino. All I know is that his Paraguay was super defensive, which led them to great results despite the seemingly weak roster when compared to the rest of the world. It shows he's a great manager, but I really don't know his background and interpretation of the tiki-taka and possession football that Barcelona use. Hopefully it's just as structured as Pep's and not as spontaneous and individual as Rijkaard's.

A

agresio

Radio La Red : "Tata Martino is the coach of FC Barcelona.He will be presented on Tuesday."

Valdivia

Would've loved it if he dragged Ignacio Scocco with him here :worthy: Too bad he signed for Internacional. I just love that player.

Anyway, new era awaits with Martino. Read a lot about him lately, and Newells were actually impressive whenever I catched them playing in the Libertadores or Clausara. I read that he follows Bielsa's belief in no Plan B for the team? That would be a downer if true.

Home of Barca Fans