Alvaro Morata

xXKonan

Makes sense. To be frank, I always wanted a target man, as you say, but never thought that could be Morata. A loan would be very good for us.
There were a couple of Rumors that the club is worried about Suarez's knee as well. Which could explain why rac1's tweet says "The option to reinforce the attack is on the table". It wouldn't be bad just to get Morata on for Six months while giving Suarez more of break to prevent even more damage to his knee.

Leo_Messi

Getting Morata on a loan for the reminder of the season from January onwards would be a bit of a luxury if reports about Suárez's knee problems are genuine which they appear to be. Not sure if those problems will be long-term or short-term. In case of the latter, I highly doubt that the board will be looking for an attacker.

However considering Munir's presence (waste of space with all due respect) in the squad and the non-existence of a number 9 to substitute Suárez in case of injury or rotations, I would not be against the club loaning a player in the mould of Llorente (old idea given past rumors) or someone who could add physicality to the team's attack which is otherwise something that only Suárez adds currently as things stand.

Morata in this regard would be a luxury and a much better option than Llorente talent and performance wise. However it is doubtful that he would get the desired playing time and even more doubtful that Chelsea would want to loan him for the reminder of the season. Don't they only have Giroud as a substitute? I can't see it happening at all.

Last edited:

Sorin

Getting Morata on a loan for the reminder of the season from January onwards would be a bit of a luxury if reports about Suárez's knee problems are genuine which they appear to be. Not sure if those problems will be long-term or short-term. In case of the latter, I highly doubt that the board will be looking for an attacker.

However considering Munir's presence (waste of space with all due respect) in the squad and the non-existence of a number 9 to substitute Suárez in case of injury or rotations, I would not be against the club loaning a player in the mould of Llorente (old idea given past rumors) or someone who could add physicality to the team's attack which is otherwise something that only Suárez adds currently as things stand.

Morata in this regard would be a luxury and a much better option than Llorente talent and performance wise. However it is doubtful that he would get the desired playing time and even more doubtful that Chelsea would want to loan him for the reminder of the season. Don't they only have Giroud as a substitute? I can't see it happening at all.

Sarri has hinted in a recent interview that Hazard has the ability to play in the center of their attack because he can hold up the play as good as any striker around. Whether that means that he'll try to use Hazard as a number 9 or false 9 is anyone's guess.

For whatever is worth he has used Mertens in that role for Napoli.

Leo_Messi

Sarri has hinted in a recent interview that Hazard has the ability to play in the center of their attack because he can hold up the play as good as any striker around. Whether that means that he'll try to use Hazard as a number 9 or false 9 is anyone's guess.

For whatever is worth he has used Mertens in that role for Napoli.

I don't know about Sarri's plans for Chelsea's squad this January but to me it is pure fantasy to expect that Chelsea would be willing to loan Morata for the reminder of the season. Unless he is really unsettled in London and Sarri wants him gone. If that is the case I expect Chelsea to want him to be sold, not loaned. Or expect Barça to loan him but with an obligatory clause to buy him after the loan ends this upcoming summer.

Also there is Morata's Madrid past. Not sure if he is one of those genuine madridistas that would never entertain the thought of ending up playing for Barça or not (I recall an interview of his where he indeed claimed that he would never entertain such a thought) but I would not be surprised if that was the case. Also as I recall his girlfriend/wife is from Italy and he played his best football (IMO) at Juve so I could see him return to Italy rather than joining us.

Who knows though? So far it's just rumors even though RAC1 is rather reliable all things considered compared to many other media out there. We will see but obviously I would like a loan deal. Do I believe that it is realistic? Not at all. Unless proven wrong.

Sorin

I don't know about Sarri's plans for Chelsea's squad this January but to me it is pure fantasy to expect that Chelsea would be willing to loan Morata for the reminder of the season. Unless he is really unsettled in London and Sarri wants him gone. If that is the case I expect Chelsea to want him to be sold, not loaned. Or expect Barça to loan him but with an obligatory clause to buy him after the loan ends this upcoming summer.

Also there is Morata's Madrid past. Not sure if he is one of those genuine madridistas that would never entertain the thought of ending up playing for Barça or not (I recall an interview of his where he indeed claimed that he would never entertain such a thought) but I would not be surprised if that was the case. Also as I recall his girlfriend/wife is from Italy and he played his best football (IMO) at Juve so I could see him return to Italy rather than joining us.

Who knows though? So far it's just rumors even though RAC1 is rather reliable all things considered compared to many other media out there. We will see but obviously I would like a loan deal. Do I believe that it is realistic? Not at all. Unless proven wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I too think it's improbable that he'll come here. Just saying that they could use Hazard as a center forward in case they sell/loan Morata.

If Chelsea receive a good offer they'll let Morata go immediately imo, because it's clear that it just doesn't work for them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Hmmm, I don't think he is slow at all, he seem very quick actually.
But as someone mentioned, he seems like Gomes. Who himself is very quick but rarely put it in use and played way too slow

A 'turtle' like Kane is more useful than a 'turtle' like Morata. He regularly misues his assets on regular basis because he's uncoordinated. He was never brilliant with the ball at his feet at all, bounced off defenders in England, Spain and Italy. His top speed is good, because he is tall, long strides and all that, but acceleration is miserable hence many of his duels are lost as soon as they commence. Somewhat of an opposite to Coutinho for example. He's more or less another Adebayor.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Is Jordi the only player to comment on Morata? Nothing from the other Spanish players?

I would be happy with a loan for the rest of the season. He'll be able to play in the CL right?

Don't think Chelsea will receive any offers for him.

Co0ter

People wanting him at Barca = the most lol I've had in a long, long time. Morata is shit. Has always been shit.

His reputation is based on a few very opportunistic tap ins while at Juventus and complete mediocrity while at Real Madrid. On an average basis he is invisible in 90% of games. I warned a close friend who is a Chelsea fan of how overrated he was when he was excited to have signed him....he can't wait to get rid of him now.

Wouldn't even consider it. Pass.

Givenchy

Sport's front page has him on the cover. Talk about the club being interested in a loan deal if the club decides to sign a substitute for Munir.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/comunicacion/esta-portada-sport-7239737

I would say go for it but I don't believe that it is likely to occur. Sevilla seems like the more realistic option should Chelsea agree to part ways with him this season.

I rather keep Munir and im not even kidding

ex-madridista, garbage striker who will want decent wages

Leo_Messi

I rather keep Munir and im not even kidding

ex-madridista, garbage striker who will want decent wages

Morata is at least twice the player that Munir is. If that can even do it. If the rumor is true and he accepts the club's offer he can't be much of an madridista. Would not be the first nor the last player to have played for both clubs. As I just wrote and as I wrote weeks ago as well, I highly doubt that such a loan deal will happen but he would tick a lot of boxes on paper that is. He is totally without confidence at Chelsea though.

Personally I would love the board to either buy or ideally loan a striker with an aerial presence in the box. Thinking about players like Llorente here. Morata is no joke aerially but much more mobile and obviously quicker.

I could honestly see him do a good job if given the chance. Playing for Barça as a striker is a guarantee for goalscoring opportunities.

soul24rage

Personally I would love the board to either buy or ideally loan a striker with an aerial presence in the box. Thinking about players like Llorente here. Morata is no joke aerially but much more mobile and obviously quicker.

I totally agree with this. A tall, strong striker who can head the ball is a great plan B for a team like ours. If we are going to have a Chelsea striker on loan, I would like it to be Giroud (his contract ends on summer 2019).

As for Morata, I wouldn't mind him if he is the only striker that is available for loan for the rest of the season. We only have Suarez as a striker and we really need another one. The Dembele experiment didn't work out well today.

Home of Barca Fans