Alvaro Morata

Beast

The Observer
Marcelo unless you are putting the team under siege (See the CL final second half onwards ) he is far too clumsy lately.. maybe too much in his comfort zone having represented the club for 8 years ... Coentrao not only recovered his form he put Marcelo on the bench for almost 2 month in a row ..granted Marcelo is a key in the dressing room the third captain & a joker but it could be wise to find an alternative as part of Coentrao issues is he gets regular minor injuries so you need a back up
Illarramendi like Morata like Sahin , can't move to second gear...It's normal not all players can cut it in top teams regardless how brilliant they were before or how good they will be in other teams after that there is so much humming about selling him the summer which for me is ok if we find a long term replacement
Illarramendi had several chances to prove himself this year beginning & end of it and when the decisive moment came Carlo (wisely ) choose back from 7 month injury Khedira over him for a reason ... if Illarramendi was playing he was be shoved and bullied around ...he still acts like an idiot outside the pitch wearing bull costume & other silly stuff .. he is a kid in an adult figure... not good enough , than again there was no telling how he will handle pressure in RM a risk all big teams take he looked great with Sociedad last year

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Marcelo won't be sold. Coentrao's comments about being not liked in Madrid's and inability to play with Ronaldo is still huge. Marcelo is key to Madrid and won't move to anywhere else. You said the same about Di Maria and he was our best player this year.

Coentrao's performance against Atletico in the final showed his limitations. Marcelo won three league titles and scored in the CL final. There is no replacement for him, all full backs are shit, aside from Carvajal.

We got to the semis of the CL with Marcelo and were in the league up until his injury. Ancelotti won't let him go.

Illaramendi won't be sold either. We will buy a striker and thats all.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Add Morata in a few years time to the all time Castilla XI that Real Madrid sold too hastily.

I doubt it. Seeing him leave is hard but seeing him rot on Madrid's bench is worse. I don't agree with Beast about him having more than enough chances, but he did have a few in which he was less than pleasant to watch. There is definitely favorism in Madrid towards foreigners and patience, because if the same standards were applied to Benzema, then he would have been sold after his first 2 terrible seasons. Same with Coentrao. However Real Madrid do not look at their cantera as stop gap players, they must have leadership qualities, captain like attitude, they need the players coming through to be role models for the future. This even extends to their Spanish acquisitions although Spanish acquisitions tend to be given a bit more time than the youth players (which is why I think Illaramendi will stay). I pointed out that Morata's issues are in his head (he has a temper) over a year ago and I also pointed out that tactically he is played out of position. He works much better in a two striker system and I still maintain that he is a SS not a CF. Yes he is a good poacher but watch his running and his first instinct, he isn't a fox in the box and he tracks back a lot. He likes to support late runners and he has good qualities as a player at the edge of the box, as opposed to inside the box.

El Gato

Villarato!
Smart thing is to sell to someone who has a history of developing young strikers making them ready to make a jump to the top stage. Everton seems a perfect fit.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Stupid hothead. I have something against him ever since that dumb kick on Messi in the last few seconds of the 4-3 win.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Its okay, Morata recovered the ball in the CL final which set Di Maria on his Lord of the Ring path to make Gareth Bale, the hobit, a living Legend.

El Gato

Villarato!
Coentrao's comments about being not liked in Madrid's and inability to play with Ronaldo is still huge.

What? Where? Everything seemed absolutely fine in the past month on the pitch and off it with both players hanging out with Pepe with smiles on their faces. I think if they get somewhere with Portugal NT then there is no real reason for doubt.

Samper

Juventus deal is like 100% done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUibhoStedY

Medical and contracts will be signed today. Doubt it's a good move for him. He needs alot of playing time to develop but I doubt he is going to get that with Tevez and Llorente. Di Marzio says Madrid can buy him back in 2015 for 30m and in 2016 for 35m.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Seriously, how did RM manage to get Juve to cough up 22M for Morata when they wouldn't pay more than 18m for Alexis?

Home of Barca Fans