PSG hit back over Thiago Silva

Barcafire

Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelafi has ruled out the sale of key defender Thiago Silva to Barcelona, indicating the Ligue 1 champions will instead attempt to snare a number of Barca players.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1500434/psg-hit-back-thiago-silva?cc=5901

Silva has been revealed as a top transfer target by the La Liga giants, who are looking to bolster their defence in the lead-up to next season.

However, Al-Khelafi has dismissed the notion out of hand, suggesting PSG have not yet finished making purchases of their own.

"Thiago will not leave for Barcelona. He has a four-year contract left," he told RMC Sport.

"He will line up for us against Bordeaux for the Trophee des Champions on August 3. So he will definitely be with us. But we, on the other hand, are following some Barca players.

"Transfers are not finished for PSG this summer. We will go for another player.

"Marquinhos [from Roma] and [Lille’s Lucas] Digne? Those are two young players. We are discussing with their clubs right now. We're just discussing. There is no agreement in place."

The declaration from Al-Khelafi came immediately following PSG’s capture of striker Edinson Cavani from Napoli.

Barcafire

I'm real curious if this is an empty threat just to make the board and fans sweat a little, or does Nasser really have some outstanding business ability ($) to poach our players.

They are upset, very rightly so. They can probably start convincing youngsters to sign for them ( a la Arsenal) but i don't think we'll have a problem with the grown ups.

But if they do convince one of our players from the first team, let it be Pique and Alves.

mazp

Lol, at PSG acting like their some massive club, that players are just dying to play for. Barca should never fear of a nothing club like PSG, IMO. Its quite clear Silva wants to play for us. Adriano already spilled the beans on that.

SwiftGuyver

:lol:

fine, keep him. he clearly wants to play for Barca but if they want to keep a player whose heart isn't in Paris then so be it!

oh and they can try and sign any Barca player they want because whatever happens Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets & Alba won't leave so i don't care!

BigBarcaBoy

PSG are a small minded club with big ambitions, I think they're just having a go because of the Thiago Silva business, another example of how badly the club is doing this summer, at this rate we won't have a squad to use unless the board and Tito pull their finger out.

Meitux

Of course they are small minded,spending careless huge amounts for every good player they see out there and think that straight after they will build a big team.Cavani is a world class striker but noone really interested in paying his release clause.Only PSG Monaco and City have this mentality of spending their money carelessly

Doobs

The Messiah
They've clearly become big enough now so might as well have them sponsor Qatar airways/foundation

Get that disgusting stuff off our jersey

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Home of Barca Fans