Paul Pogba

FCBfan22

Not sure if serious, out of the players you have listed, Pogba is the best defensively not question! The only issue with Pogba is his natural position is in the left MF which will interfere with Coutinho.

Screen_Shot_2018-04-19_at_2.24.52_AM.png

Also, why did you include only CL games for Pjanić?

Givenchy

is there even any credible sources linking us to him?

if we didn't have mini Mourinho it might be worth a shot at 80m, Braida can finally fulfill his prophecy

FCBfan22

is there even any credible sources linking us to him?

if we didn't have mini Mourinho it might be worth a shot at 80m

No. But I wouldn't even think of buying him if the price is a cent over 65 million. We are buying Griezmann, Lenglet (Mina will be loaned/Vermaelen will leave) and need an attacking midfielder. That's 130 million locked and I doubt that we can afford a 210 million transfer window.

Pogba is too much of a gamble for even for 80 million.

Barca83

Banned
No. But I wouldn't even think of buying him if the price is a cent over 65 million. We are buying Griezmann, Lenglet (Mina will be loaned/Vermaelen will leave) and need an attacking midfielder. That's 130 million locked and I doubt that we can afford a 210 million transfer window.

Pogba is too much of a gamble for even for 80 million.

In
-Pogba 75m
-Griezmann 100m
-Arthur 40m
215m

Out
-Gomes 30m
-Suarez 40m
-Rafinha 35m
-Munir 15m
-Deulofeu 20m
140m

FCBfan22

In
-Pogba 75m
-Griezmann 100m
-Arthur 40m
215m

Out
-Gomes 30m
-Suarez 40m
-Rafinha 35m
-Munir 15m
-Deulofeu 20m
140m

Luis won't be sold. I'm 90% sure of that. Maybe we can get 20 million for Denis instead.

Anyway, we need more of a versatile midfielder. Also Pogba playing with Messi with his understanding of the game and Pogba's lacking fast decision making is a big question for me, not worthy of a 80 million gamble.

Raketa10

More of a solution than Pogba...

What we need is a true world class player on who we can rely for years to come and not some "better than Pogba solutions". Pjanic has 28 years and would be expensive as hell while he is definitely nothing extra special, on the other side we have Eriksen (some of us like him some of us don't) who is a clear AM player. IMHO we don't need another AM player, we need CM controller! I also don't think that Pogba is a solution but he would be far more usable than Eriksen in our current way of playing.

Luis won't be sold. I'm 90% sure of that. Maybe we can get 20 million for Denis instead.

Anyway, we need more of a versatile midfielder. Also Pogba playing with Messi with his understanding of the game and Pogba's lacking fast decision making is a big question for me, not worthy of a 80 million gamble.

Luis won't be sold for sure. 20 mil for Denis?!?!?! Not in 1000 years my fried!

Last edited:

vlad

bringing this lazy ass who is more famous because of his new haircuts every few matches then performances on the pitch would really help barca to step up in CL...

BBZ8800

We need players that can make something happen. Not players that take on opposing players time and time again. Physicality or not.

So, Pogba is not the answer.

We are screwed either way until we build a new team.
Paulinho and similar don't have quality.
If we'll play with short players, we will always lose against thugs in Cl's quarters.
Further, if you buy players who can make things happen, still nothing will happen in attack with 2 short guys and Dembele.
Big teams in a Cl will park two buses in a middle and kill our shortpassing or throughballs game.
And basically we don't have any other weapons since that is the only thing you can do with short forwards, and they are easy to neutralize on the highest level.

So, until we try something new in midfield, something new in attack (at least one guy who can jump and score a header), until we buy a few players with courage, until we move away from 10 schoolboys, until we hire an experienced coach, we are screwed either way.
Griezz, Arthur, Alena, lol.
Absolutely nothing will change with them.

On a Cl level, we will be equally as toothless as now.
For La liga, though, we are good enough with this tactics.

But I am always thinking about a Cl, so...

BBZ8800

I'd say this season under EV we tried that

We tried with Paulinho who can't make a simple pass and with Andre Gomes, who is, well, Andre Gomes.

These guys are really not good examples of technique, pace and muscles.
Paulinho lacks in technique, Gomes lacks in everything.

Messi983

In
-Pogba 75m
-Griezmann 100m
-Arthur 40m
215m

Out
-Gomes 30m
-Suarez 40m
-Rafinha 35m
-Munir 15m
-Deulofeu 20m
140m

More like:

In
-Pogba 150m
-Griezmann 100m
-Arthur 40m
290m

Out
-Gomes loan
-Suarez 0m (he'll stay)
-Rafinha 15m
-Munir 4m
-Deulofeu 6m
25m

George_Costanza

Of course he is the best defensively. He is the only one of those 3 who can play DM. But he is the worst for your defense, if you know what I mean. That was also not my point. His constant take-ons in the CM would lead to lost balls, which would result in countless counters for the opponent, and with that, Pique and Busquets, who are not spring chickens anymore and are quite slow by default, would suffer. It works in Italy where you have strikers as Dzeko, Higuain or Icardi, who can't really counter.

But more importantly, I think that he can't play with Messi. Playing with Messi requires very high footballing IQ, who can pick up passes, make runs and understand overall play. He sometimes doesn't understand what United midfield is doing or what Griezmann, Mbappe (against Russia, he picked 1/10 or so potential passes to Mbappe and Mbappe scored from that chance) , Dembele, Kante or Rabiot are doing with France and he would be compatible with the most complex player to play with or against of all time? He would be horrible when Messi drops deep.

One of the main role of Busquets is to aid other MFs when they lose the ball. So that's not really an issue when you have a world class DM who can recover the ball without worrying about guarding the defence behind him, and if you have good CM and AM then Messi won't have to drop that deep to recover the ball, he only drops deep becuase we an old or less than average midfleiders who can't pass the ball to the front. Finally, I would love to have players like Jorginho or Eriksen but we are not managed by Tuchel or Sarri to seek those players and most likley they will suffer under EV.

It's a bargin if we can get Pogba for 80m.

p.s my bad for Pjanic, didn't notice that it was set for UCL stats.

BenRobbins

Class again last night in a midfield 3 with movement infront of him and no Sanchez stood on his toes.

Hopefully play a similar set up against spurs on the weekend.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How are they going to fit in the two biggest ball hogs in European football together in one team?

Home of Barca Fans