Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The MF market might be decent next year if Eriksen doesn't renew his contract either. He'll then have a year left.

FCBfan22

Well, with the sales last summer we really didnt spent any money. So we should have atleast 100m from last summer. And the budget from next summer. Plus we still have lots of players we can sell.

So can’t see why we can’t get Pogba, De Ligt and De Jong. I understand the need for a striker but I rather wait for that until someone exciting comes.

I can’t see Man Utd getting more than 100m from Pogba. Only two years left and big problems.

I don’t think De Jong will be more than 60m. That 80m from Real is IMO bullshit..
And then there is De Ligt - 60-70m?

We should have enough

150 million is 2.5 summer window spending budgets. Considering that we need Pique, Busquets and Suarez replacements and a RB, do you really think this is a good idea?

Buying Dembele and Coutinho for stupid money was an exception, since we had NeyMoney. We are not P$G, who pump some oil/gas to buy a player. Also, Coutinho seems to be LCM bound. Where would he play? With current Ernie's asymetrical setup, we need a RCM, who can fill as RW occasionally. Pogba isn't that. CDM? Just nah.

Buy De Jong (I doubt that Ajax will sell both Frenkie and De Ligt to us in same window), a competent RCB and a striker. Also, test the waters with Eriksen, but do not pay more than 75 million.

So in short, buying Pogba could probably be one of the biggest financial mistakes of our board, since we need refurbishments in RCB, RB, CDM and ST.

I just hope P$G outbids us and gets banned afterwards. That is the ideal scenario.

Last edited:

Riordon

First of all I wont pay more than 100 for Pogba and make Coutinho the Suarez replacement by playing him as a left winger and move Messi as a 9. No really good 9 out there we can go for. Don’t want Icardi, Lautaro and so on. Would rather wait to someone comes out.

Then De Jong as a Dm. De Ligt as a RCB.

Rb must wait. No good one out there right now.

Then you have replaced Suarez, Busquest and Pique.

Ofc we need a better coach who actually improves the players

FCBfan22

First of all I wont pay more than 100 for Pogba and make Coutinho the Suarez replacement by playing him as a left winger and move Messi as a 9. No really good 9 out there we can go for. Don’t want Icardi, Lautaro and so on. Would rather wait to someone comes out.

Then De Jong as a Dm. De Ligt as a RCB.

Rb must wait. No good one out there right now.

Then you have replaced Suarez, Busquest and Pique.

Ofc we need a better coach who actually improves the players

Ok. Firstly, we won't be able to get Pogba for less than 120 million. 3 years left on the contract. No chance in hell. We are dealing with United here. Secondly, Ajax will want at least 50 for De Jong and 60 for De Ligt.

So, that's a 230 million in transfers. Impossible. In best case scenario we can rack up around 130 million for transfers (60 the budget and very optimistic 70 from transfers), which would mean that if we want Pogba, we can only get Pogba and noone else. And we potentially still need a RB and an Alba backup.

Riordon

Well, I personally think we have atleast 100m + sales every summer. That 60m is probably just so clubs can't rip us off... We spent 0 last summer in netto and still have lots of players to sell. Dont think its impossible.

We need a RB. But i can't think of someone better than Roberto for us right now. All the good ones are not possible. SO as the forward situation i rather wait for someone new to emerge.

FinBarcelonafan

Ok. Firstly, we won't be able to get Pogba for less than 120 million. 3 years left on the contract. No chance in hell. We are dealing with United here. Secondly, Ajax will want at least 50 for De Jong and 60 for De Ligt.

So, that's a 230 million in transfers. Impossible. In best case scenario we can rack up around 130 million for transfers (60 the budget and very optimistic 70 from transfers), which would mean that if we want Pogba, we can only get Pogba and noone else. And we potentially still need a RB and an Alba backup.

We didn't spend any money this summer. We will have bigger transfer budget next offseason.

gasgas

.....................Ter stegen
Semedo...Pavard......Umtiti.......Alba
..........................De Jong
................Pogba............Coutinho.
.............................Messi
..................Malcom....Dembele

Riordon

Lets see how much United can get. Pogba wants out and is causing problems. Their fans are slowly also starting to want him out.
They can't sell to english clubs. Bayern dont pay that kind of money. PSG, dont they have problems with FFP?

The situation with De Jong is a bidding war. There won't be one for Pogba, probably just us and Real, maybe Juve. I dont even think Real is the interested.

FinBarcelonafan

I would have my concerns defensively. Pogba would need to defend as well and Coutinho.

Riordon

ter stegen
roberto - de ligt - umtiti - alba
busquest
de jong - potba
dembele - messi - coutinho

COACH: Jardim

FCBfan22

We didn't spend any money this summer. We will have bigger transfer budget next offseason.

Ok, we have 60 from this year, 60 from next and cca 40 from sales next year (we are bad at them). Still not enough to buy Pogba, De Jong and De Ligt in one summer (plus I doubt that Ajax will sell both of their youngsters to us).

Go for De Jong and find another talented RCB. Leave Pogba and his cancerous entourage away from FC Barcelona, because if shit hits the fan here, which inevitably will someday, the situation will be exactly the same.

Home of Barca Fans